Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2015, 09:30 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
It doesn't matter if you've worked in PG for over 25 years or lived here.

There is no more a behavior problem in this county than there is in DC, Boston, or LA. Properties rise and fall based off of issues that we can't see or determine. It's not always about clientele or crime.

You do know that Maryland as a whole has a business climate issue right? Hell, it's being currently discussed in a another thread. But no, Maryland is "anti-business," but PG has "behavioral issues." Unless you're saying that businesses are leaving Maryland because of behavioral issues throughout the state?
You should be confused , the spin and how you are trying make this all about Maryland and not PG county is laughable .Yes Maryland has a bad climate right now for business but don't in any way shape or form think that because a Global company like Barretta says they are leaving it is because of the same reasons as a Dave and Busters in a bad location .

Oh and your buddy Hogan lied about companies leaving Maryland .

Hogan Fortune 500 assertion not true - Baltimore Sun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 09:54 AM

106 posts, read 300,821 times
D & B huh? Bad decision all the way around. FWIW...born and raised in the PG County...current Capitol Heights resident (10yrs and counting) and I believe that this D & B will fail big time. Hell...they would have done better just to slap another Walmart in the area.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:58 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
You should be confused , the spin and how you are trying make this all about Maryland and not PG county is laughable .Yes Maryland has a bad climate right now for business but don't in any way shape or form think that because a Global company like Barretta says they are leaving it is because of the same reasons as a Dave and Busters in a bad location .

Oh and your buddy Hogan lied about companies leaving Maryland .

Hogan Fortune 500 assertion not true - Baltimore Sun

I'm not confused. PG as a Maryland county is under the same state laws that drive the business climate in every other county. If a business leaves Howard or Montgomery county, people say it's due to the state, but for PG, it's due to the people in the county. That won't fly in any argument. It may if PG was a separate state, but it's not.

Does it help PGC that the state is driving away business? No. At any rate, this thread isn't about businesses leaving. It is about new business that is coming. No, it isn't a Fortune 500 company. But I think we've discussed in other threads that something is better than nothing. I understand that people will try to find the negative in everything. I'm not surprised.

13 pages about D&B coming to the county and it's not about anyone's excitement. Bunch of Debbie Downers.

And Hogan is not my boy. I didn't vote for him.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
I'm not confused. PG as a Maryland county is under the same state laws that drive the business climate in every other county. If a business leaves Howard or Montgomery county, people say it's due to the state, but for PG, it's due to the people in the county. That won't fly in any argument. It may if PG was a separate state, but it's not.

Does it help PGC that the state is driving away business? No. At any rate, this thread isn't about businesses leaving. It is about new business that is coming. No, it isn't a Fortune 500 company. But I think we've discussed in other threads that something is better than nothing. I understand that people will try to find the negative in everything. I'm not surprised.

13 pages about D&B coming to the county and it's not about anyone's excitement. Bunch of Debbie Downers.

And Hogan is not my boy. I didn't vote for him.
LOL , the state climate is not keeping D&B away ,go to Montgomery , Charles ,Calvert or St.Marys,Howard or AArundel fine not PG,they will be a success in any of those Maryland county's not in PGC.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:17 PM

469 posts, read 549,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaryland455 View Post
Like I said before I'm from Montgomery County and I'm definitely not the so called "Low class" your making me and other out to beYou can say what you want but its not going to last that long in Prince Georges County (Worst Mistake)......

LMAO why do u think you being from Montgomery county makes u high class? LMAO. The same people writing racial slurs on the black women garage when she moved into Chevy Chase? Please. I doubt u live anywhere near Bethesda or Potomac, u probably share an apartment rental in Wheaton somewhere lol. Ur mad because they chose PG over Silver Spring? U had one in Wheaton and it FAILED, so maybe MOCO residents aren't as "High class" as u think lol

Last edited by Mos82; 02-23-2015 at 03:47 PM..

Old 02-23-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
LOL , the state climate is not keeping D&B away ,go to Montgomery , Charles ,Calvert or St.Marys,Howard or AArundel fine not PG,they will be a success in any of those Maryland county's not in PGC.
But they went to Montgomery County already and it Failed lol...their closed down. So your point doesn't make any since

Old 02-23-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
No , you just choose not to admit what is based on factual evidence .Had I lived in Boston I might say the same about a certain area up there but I don't I live in Maryland and I see and hear what is happening in PG county having worked in it for over 25 years .While there are some beautiful places and neighborhoods in PG county it has lost a lot of it's allure due to crime and it's citizens just not behaving the right way .

name one?

Old 02-23-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
But they went to Montgomery County already and it Failed lol...their closed down. So your point doesn't make any since

Nope the franchisees got a divorce and had to dissolve his holdings,MC would not allow the transfer of the liquor lenience .

Old 02-23-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
name one?

.Got it wrong

Old 02-23-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Nope the franchisees got a divorce and had to dissolve his holdings,MC would not allow the transfer of the liquor lenience .
Nope try again

"The business had attempted to stay open at the location after being evicted by the owners of the mall, Lerner Enterprises, but a federal judge ruled last month that Dave and Buster’s violated its lease at the mall by opening a location at Arundel Mills and ordered the company to vacate the mall."

"The closure moves Lerner Enterprises one step closer to redeveloping the mall into a new mixed use mini-city. Shops and restaurants still remaining at the nearly completely empty mall include Lord & Taylor, Khoury Bros. Fine Jewelers and P.F. Chang’s."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...5w5DQgZxmHMCuA

*They weren't wanted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland