U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 02:39 PM

217 posts, read 686,193 times

Advertisements

Truth,
Would it have been less acurate if I was describing Potomac, MD or Great Falls, VA via pictures and i only included the majority of affluent houses and left all the 75 year old farm houses, tractors, and tiny houses off the list? You clearly live on the inner side of the beltway and are very angry about it, that is not my issue, that is something you need to discuss with your family perhaps you should move? I'm starting a few forums, so that the arguments are balanced and look at how you hate mongers respond you all should be ashmed of yourselves. You use false data, so i corrected you all and brought you the facts, so the debates could run fairly, but now you all are angry, because i bring truth?
Wow, you are a twisted man. Do you wear a costume with a big T on the chest? I am not based in hate, buddy, I just cannot stomach the untruths said about the county and the numbers charts that make you the big man from out of town without a clue. Where is my data false? I merely point to the fact that the Emperor is wearing no clothes while everyone else sees new ones. 10 miles from the White House and the area is rife with county corruption with a pat on the back from the feds.
BTW...what does RACE have to do with anything? Explain that to me that in a manner that makes some sense. From my OUTSIDE THE BELTWAY experiences the racial slur is on whites such as myself. The fact that I am has been pointed out more in the past 10 years than has not.
How can the eroded infrastructure of PGC be RACIAL on my behalf?? The shoddy infrastructure is what I will knock; no amount of big houses is going to fix that.

You don't even live in the state - keep your fingers off the keyboard.

Iscalder,
Are you a marketing executive for the county council? Your crazy pipe dreams are pure fiction in the grand scheme.
Where is all of this to take place???
As of upscale shopping right now we do lack that but as of April Pg county will be the only county on the entire east coast with amenities no county or NoVA can offer. We will be th eonly county with upscale stores,dining that do not exist on the east coast. Pg county will have the most desirable restaurants in one location that can not be found in no other county or state on the east coast. As for house pricing pg county is not cheap as you think it is. Howard county housing is cheaper then Pg county so is AA county. No Pg county so not have the lowest appreciation you are right with your other data but with Real Estate I think you are wrong with that information. How can we have the lowest when we are the only county in Maryland that is building at a fast pace. WE are the only county in Maryland where investors are putting in billions of dollars on mulitple projects. We are the only county in maryland right now that is building 5 or more malls including shopping centers.
(please check your grammar and spelling)
Who is building what and who is going to sustain it if built? What you are speaking of is seemingly taking place overnight.

Yes, PG has some neighborhoods with big houses. Ya know what? Most folks would do better in a smaller house while socking the other cash into some savings plans for college educations. Big houses are not the saving grace of a county in need of repair. (1/4 acre lots?? My neighborhood, outside the beltway, consists of 1/2 acre or better lots in a 50+ year old development.) If you are spreading these tidings of untruths to home buyers you are doing them harm. What they need realize is that the dream you are painting will only come to fruition if they and their fellow PG county neighbors willingly support any and all businesses that plant root here rather than go into NOVA or MOCO. This has historically been a problem and is why a lot of malls and strip malls are boarded up or converted to churches.

From what I heard the other day, the aspect of a Harris-Teeter grocery store may be reality in PGC. HT is tied in with Safeway and would be like a Lexus, opposed to a Honda, dealership. The range of foods the upscale grocers stock don't move in PGC so I wonder how long that will go over. Again, it comes down to doing business there and supporting the individual merchants.

The only BLACK AND WHITE in what I have just posted about out is the letters on the background.
You folks have to get past RACE.
Its people, just plain people. It's that man or that woman - not that white man or that black woman.
The equalizer I see in all of this is an election booth. Vote out the deadwood and put in some people that care about the state and county unbiased in their thoughts.
Most of you can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 04:09 PM

1,389 posts, read 5,671,508 times
Fishfister: Here is a list a few of the new developments going on right now in the county some will be finish this year including the National harbor. Now please list another county in maryland that have this many developments going on right now. There are none. Change takes time and now is the time Pg county is changing for the best. We are getting a Wholefoods it will be close to College Park. The older homes are 1 acre or more nothing less, For those who are purchasing new construction the minimum acre of land is 1/4acre to 10acre.
Do you really think NOVa got develope over night Hell no
Do you think DC got develope over night hell no.

I remember purchasing my row home in NW DC in 1999 when people would say DC have nothing but crimes no shopping,dining and only poor folks live their but now people are rushing to move to DC.It took Dc 10 yrs to develope and DC still have more yrs to go. NOVA did not develope over night, it took time to build NOVA.

Here are the new Malls,shopping center. I am sure their are more plans.
National Harbor
Beltsville shopping center
Suitland Manor
Woodmore Towne Center
Landover Gateway
Belcrest center
college park (new town center)
301 and Penns shopping center in Upper Marlboro(will be finish next year)
Hyattsville Arts District

here is a link to hyattsville art district copy and paste
Arts District Hyattsville: Urban Rowhomes & Live-work Homes in Hyattsville, MD

Bike plan to add 93 trail miles to county

Suitland Manor Redevelopment

P.G. County picks up its pace with project proposals - Washington Business Journal:

Here is a link to college park new town center:
WUSA9.com - University Of Maryland Plans New Town Center (http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66997 - broken link)
University Plans $700M Town Center in College Park

Old 01-15-2008, 04:16 PM

Fishfister: I think you are not doign your research you are just saying whatever you feel amd think. If you are doign your research you will see all the developments goingon in the county. You will see the county is gettign rid of all the section 8 complex. I do no think you have been to the county recently because you would of see all these changes. What you speak of is pg county 5 or 10 yrs ago not 2007 or 2008. You are describing pg county 1997 and 1998. NOVA,Montgomery county stop building.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:15 PM

13 posts, read 63,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Fishfister: Here is a list a few of the new developments going on right now in the county some will be finish this year including the National harbor. Now please list another county in maryland that have this many developments going on right now. There are none. Change takes time and now is the time Pg county is changing for the best. We are getting a Wholefoods it will be close to College Park. The older homes are 1 acre or more nothing less, For those who are purchasing new construction the minimum acre of land is 1/4acre to 10acre.

I remember purchasing my row home in NW DC in 1999 when people would say DC have nothing but crimes no shopping,dining and only poor folks live their but now people are rushing to move to DC.It took Dc 10 yrs to develope and DC still have more yrs to go. NOVA did not develope over night, it took time to build NOVA.

National Harbor
Suitland Manor
Woodmore Towne Center
Landover Gateway
Belcrest center

P.G. County picks up its pace with project proposals - Washington Business Journal:

WUSA9.com - University Of Maryland Plans New Town Center (http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66997 - broken link)
Where in Landover ?

Old 01-15-2008, 07:29 PM

FED EX field. The county have already torn town the old Landoer Mall. AL the shopping centers around FED EX field will also be torn down as well so will the apartments. SOme of the apartments will be torn down and the rest will be renovated into upscale condos. Surrounding the FED EX field will be sinlge family,townhomes and upscale condos with upscale shopping and dining.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:15 AM

350 posts, read 1,490,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post

National Harbor
Suitland Manor
Woodmore Towne Center
Landover Gateway
Belcrest center

What are the plans for the Beltsville shopping center, and where is it?

Old 01-16-2008, 05:18 PM

746 posts, read 610,951 times
[quote=fishfister;2522317]Truth,
Would it have been less acurate if I was describing Potomac, MD or Great Falls, VA via pictures and i only included the majority of affluent houses and left all the 75 year old farm houses, tractors, and tiny houses off the list? You clearly live on the inner side of the beltway and are very angry about it, that is not my issue, that is something you need to discuss with your family perhaps you should move? I'm starting a few forums, so that the arguments are balanced and look at how you hate mongers respond you all should be ashmed of yourselves. You use false data, so i corrected you all and brought you the facts, so the debates could run fairly, but now you all are angry, because i bring truth?
Wow, you are a twisted man. Do you wear a costume with a big T on the chest? I am not based in hate, buddy, I just cannot stomach the untruths said about the county and the numbers charts that make you the big man from out of town without a clue. Where is my data false? I merely point to the fact that the Emperor is wearing no clothes while everyone else sees new ones. 10 miles from the White House and the area is rife with county corruption with a pat on the back from the feds.
BTW...what does RACE have to do with anything? Explain that to me that in a manner that makes some sense. From my OUTSIDE THE BELTWAY experiences the racial slur is on whites such as myself. The fact that I am has been pointed out more in the past 10 years than has not.
How can the eroded infrastructure of PGC be RACIAL on my behalf?? The shoddy infrastructure is what I will knock; no amount of big houses is going to fix that.

You don't even live in the state - keep your fingers off the keyboard."qoute

Fish, I do not need to live somewhere to figure out the data. You may have a point about the politics within the county, but you do not have one when it comes to viewing or looking at the data.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:37 PM

5,256 posts, read 12,558,881 times
Besides University Park all of those housing developments look the same. I like University Park the most. The location inside the beltway with mature trees makes it quite nice. The rest seem like the typical suburban housing developments.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:46 PM

746 posts, read 610,951 times
I agree PW, i tend to like older more established neighborhoods with full brick and a more colonial look. However, i'm not against well planned upper scale newer suburban developements, that utilize the landscape a lot better. I hate when you see huge houses and there are no trees in sight looks so bare.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:14 PM

Jessy: The Beltsville shopping center is before the Laurel mall its on the same main street which I think is Route1. I been there a few times. They are not finish building as yet. I know the condos are still getting build.

I love the new communities vs older homes. Theirs a look a new style home have that a older home does not have. The newer communities are well planned vs the older communities. I promise myself I will never purchase a older home. If its not new I do not want it unless its free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland