Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 09:15 AM

5 posts, read 3,395 times

Advertisements

With home prices soaring out of control in Moco, we have been searching for an affordable housing solution for quite some time. Live in Germantown currently, and considering the neighborhood off Clopper Rd. called Pheasant Run. I have 2 elementary school aged kids (one rising 5th grader), so am not willing to put them in the poor performing Brown Station but think I can keep them at their current Germantown highly rated school until the younger one graduates. Then my older one will be at the very highly regarded Lakelands Park MS and QOHS.

I have driven through this community several times, and it seems "safe". There are clearly not very many families with young children here, and I assume it's because of the elementary school. But the lots are nice and the houses are nice, and the neighborhood seems like it's turning over (a lot for sale), and it's an affordable niche in an unaffordable county.

Does anyone know anyone who lives there? I would like to know are there any kids? Is it safe? Does anyone think it will ever get redistricted? It is geographically far from the MS and HS.

All feedback welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 01:50 PM

15,418 posts, read 25,784,989 times
That's no my favorite part of Gaithersburg,, but it doesn't seem too bad there. Wouldn't t he kids be going to Ridgeview MS if you lived there? My kids went to that school. It's not too bad of a school, IMO. QOHS is definitely a good school.

Old 05-10-2015, 02:40 PM

No, it actually feeds into lakelands park and QO which is why I am considering. Just worried what if boundaries change when crown farm hs is built.

Old 05-10-2015, 02:41 PM

Ridgeview would be fine too, but it feeds Lakelands Park per MCPS site...

Old 05-11-2015, 07:04 AM

217 posts, read 307,941 times
Brown Station is going to turn around. New homes are popping up like wildfire in the area!

Old 05-11-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwestmomma View Post
No, it actually feeds into lakelands park and QO which is why I am considering. Just worried what if boundaries change when crown farm hs is built.
Interesting boundaries. I'm not familiar with Lakelands Park MS, but it's in a very nice place. Either MS will be good because you'll be in QOHS which is a very good school. I'm not sure when Crown Farm HS (is that the name they chose?) will open, but I doubt it will affect you if you're living over in Pheasant Run.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Interesting boundaries. I'm not familiar with Lakelands Park MS, but it's in a very nice place. Either MS will be good because you'll be in QOHS which is a very good school. I'm not sure when Crown Farm HS (is that the name they chose?) will open, but I doubt it will affect you if you're living over in Pheasant Run.
Not sure Crown Farms High School is a real thing or will be a real thing. From what I heard, people living in Crown Farms will go to Gaithersburg High School.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:13 AM

Right now they go to Gaithersburg HS, but there is space for a HS in Crown Farm should they determine the need. So it may or may not affect anything I guess.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:36 PM

They have been talking about a High School there since the project began. From these few posts it sounds like they haven't built it yet. I wouldn't worry about it though.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:20 AM

My guess is that a high school specific to Crown Farms is something that will never happen. I know people selling property there disagree, but they also told us kids in Crown Farms would be bused to Wootton High School.

So believe what you want...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland