Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 10:55 AM

340 posts, read 373,128 times

Advertisements

I'll add some general thoughts here....rooftop space is highly desirable, functional space in modern development. Nothing beats outdoor settings on nice days. It's also a great way to make more space.

That said...

-Gold's could consider using their rooftop for outdoor sporting activity, there is room on their roof for a basketball court, tennis courts, outdoor training, etc (I've also mentioned above for 4H/4G/4F for similar use by Gold's). From my office I see an apartment building with a parking deck, their parking deck, where the top level includes a tennis court, basketball court, a small dog park, a small cookout type pavilion...very cool, creative functional space. Sounds like a Platinum level Gold's Gym to me.

-1B has a large rooftop space above both businesses 1A and 1B to consider using, probably close to 7k sqft of it

-4H/4G/4F has as large rooftop space above it to consider using

-2B.5 and 2B.6 is another really good space that looks like it's planned to be under delivered...a very large combination of space, 9k sqft, with exposure to Baltimore avenue both in the windows, along the side of the building itself for signage, and another ~9k sqft of rooftop. Maybe direct entry access from the parking deck, not sure about that.

Don't gotta use them all or any of them, but there are some good opportunities there to be considered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 10:10 AM

720 posts, read 1,549,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post
Vent coming....

I'll start by saying that I'm all about local business, I'm sure this brewery will be awesome.

But I'm not very excited to see it come here. RPS townhouse residents probably will like the walkability to this location, but generally within 1.5 mile Route 1 has Franklins, Streetcar, and Maryland Meadworks, plus a great craft beer spot in the Town Center. I live in a SFH and this will be the closest for me too, in fact, I walk to Gold's and WF multiple times a week. I could care less about the walk, I'd like more variety. Particularly retail, but heck I can't find a place to get some Jack Daniels and watch a basketball game in the same span on Route 1 if I tried. We've already complained that RPS isn't landing anything but restaurants which this is basically another restaurant. But this one isn't all that it can be...the Denizen's in Silver Spring looks really fun, I'd be more excited if this were going to have a beer garden like that one, at least it's more experience driven then, but they are going into 4C which is the biggest lot remaining in the entire development and has no outdoor space. There just should be more ideal planning for stuff like this...FedEx has a great outdoor space beside it and on the roof, let's make copies on the patio and tape packages on the roof!!! 4H looks like it might have some nice rooftop space too...they'll probably lease that spot to CVS employees can go up there for a smoke break. How cool would it have been for Gold's to have an outdoor training area on the roof? Nope, rooftop CVS smoke breaks and Fedex Patio Copies. This should be in 1A/1B (yup, I still can't understand how they let that Fedex go there).
what do you mean by this? Ive watched a few march madness and nba/nhl playoff games multiple times at burtons bar in the past few weeks alone. they've got a nice assortment of drinks

Old 04-17-2018, 10:42 AM

340 posts, read 373,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Bossman View Post
what do you mean by this? Ive watched a few march madness and nba/nhl playoff games multiple times at burtons bar in the past few weeks alone. they've got a nice assortment of drinks
I don't like doing this...Burton's is a really nice restaurant, my wife and I really enjoy dining there. And Burton's will suffice for most...I'm sure they play NFL, NHL, Baseball, college sports. They have really good drinks for sure and a really nice bar.

I'll ask these questions of Burton's:
1. Does it feel like a place where you can cheer out loud some?

2. Have you watched any NBA games there? I hope they are playing the NBA playoffs, but a lot of establishments try to stray away from NBA games in particular. I tried to watch a pretty big NBA game at Burton's about 2 weeks ago, but they were watching the Master's and a few other things. They are aren't refusing to turn on NBA games (at least I haven't asked), but they aren't defaulting to NBA games...but I mean the NBA is a far more popular sports league than any other than the NFL, seems like the fair assumption is to default at least a few screens to the more popular leagues. I'm sure these things are not happenstance...it's too frequently found, i.e. I've had a similar issues at The Hotel and it's restaurant bar scene.

Last edited by DoughLow805; 04-17-2018 at 10:51 AM..

Old 04-19-2018, 11:32 AM

720 posts, read 1,549,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post
I don't like doing this...Burton's is a really nice restaurant, my wife and I really enjoy dining there. And Burton's will suffice for most...I'm sure they play NFL, NHL, Baseball, college sports. They have really good drinks for sure and a really nice bar.

I'll ask these questions of Burton's:
1. Does it feel like a place where you can cheer out loud some?

2. Have you watched any NBA games there? I hope they are playing the NBA playoffs, but a lot of establishments try to stray away from NBA games in particular. I tried to watch a pretty big NBA game at Burton's about 2 weeks ago, but they were watching the Master's and a few other things. They are aren't refusing to turn on NBA games (at least I haven't asked), but they aren't defaulting to NBA games...but I mean the NBA is a far more popular sports league than any other than the NFL, seems like the fair assumption is to default at least a few screens to the more popular leagues. I'm sure these things are not happenstance...it's too frequently found, i.e. I've had a similar issues at The Hotel and it's restaurant bar scene.
It would never be like a rambunctious college dive bar, but to me it didn't seem like they had a problem with folks cheering during the game whether it was a goal/basket at all.

I caught the first round of NBA playoff games there last weekend and they had all TVs turned to the playoffs. the bar was full too of folks watching. I think things are different than 2 weeks ago since it's postseason now. I caught one of the Final four march madness games there as well and it was a pretty cool atmosphere.

The way I see it along Rt. 1 in Hyattsville, Franklins has its niche but is not really a comfortable spot to catch a drink and watch a game. Busboys has that one tiny TV in the corner that's on CNN half the time. Tara thai has one small TV as well. Burtons is the first real nice bar along the corridor where I can picture myself catching some NFL sunday games or NBA playoffs from the atmosphere and the nice set of TVs they have wrapping around the entire bar. The bartending staff is friendly, always willing to flip a channel if you want and there's not some other major programming going on.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:37 PM

36 posts, read 36,333 times
Two more retail locations in Riverdale Park Station are under negotiation now...

https://riverdaleparkstation.blogspo...on-update.html

Old 05-01-2018, 10:04 AM

662 posts, read 776,994 times
Oooo exciting! Hope it's something cool....hope it's an Apple store!

Old 06-05-2018, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,115 times
The Denizens Brewery is absolutely huge for RPS. I am SO excited it is coming. They will be a great addition to the development and a huge draw. It appears RPS is attempting some “amazon proof” facilities...as people won’t stop drinking beer, eating food, or working out anytime soon.

As an aside, though it isn’t RPS related, there is a tapas restaurant and Vietnamese restaurant coming in at Riverdale prk’s downtown next to the MARC and town center market. More info here:

https://www.hyattsvillewire.com/2018...iverdale-park/

Old 06-15-2018, 07:25 PM

A few Riverdale related items here:

Riverdale Park Station Blog: Bridge to Discovery District to open on June 22nd and other items

Old 06-18-2018, 08:27 PM

Check it out guys!

https://riverdaleparkstation.blogspo...g-day-for.html

Old 04-08-2019, 01:24 PM

195 posts, read 129,264 times
The riverdale park townhome featured here, is 479K, and rather basic. I can't imagine anyone paying 479K for the following: https://www.stanleymartin.com/our-co...SAAEgLZ7_D_BwE

Am I missing something? The home only includes 1.5 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms (no walk in closets).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland