U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2015, 10:50 AM

5,042 posts, read 4,329,263 times

Advertisements

Post up some good information!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 11:04 AM

1,830 posts, read 844,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Post up some good information!
That's a great discussion topic. Maybe if you were a bit more inventive/imaginative in your posting you'd get better responses than I feel bothered to give. That's a polite way of saying "you're the problem, not the solution to the issue".

Old 08-27-2015, 08:18 AM

9,373 posts, read 15,100,649 times
Maryland is a boring state.

I should know. I live there.

Well I guess Baltimore inspires some thrills, mostly for the wrong reasons.

Otherwise it's all about the Purple Line and what chain restaurants will follow it.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:11 AM

11,016 posts, read 16,367,880 times
This thread is boring.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:14 PM

1,237 posts, read 531,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Maryland is a boring state.

I should know. I live there.

Well I guess Baltimore inspires some thrills, mostly for the wrong reasons.

Otherwise it's all about the Purple Line and what chain restaurants will follow it.
Maryland IS boring they should get on the florida forum

Old 09-01-2015, 07:20 PM

128 posts, read 197,454 times
I wanted to get the Heck Out of NJ...getting a job in DC provided that...living in MD is purely out of convenience to get to work and sometimes get the Heck Back Into NJ...

MD is like that rebound chick...you have fun with it...but you're not going to be 100% committed. In a number of ways...MD is worse than Jersey...who the heck pays taxes on clothing?!

Before people get all whatever-hurt, I'm not knocking MD...but people don't exactly grow up wanting to move here...most of us transplants are here because we got a better job than we could of in our home states...believe me...after I put in my time, I'll be heading more and more South...where there is excitement, lower cost of living, and same or higher pay. I would have gunned for VA, but that commute would suck...1.5 hours minimum each way for a 14-20 mile commute into the District...no thank you.

Now if it helps, I did buy a new car here. I guess that's saying something.

Since I've been here, been to Baltimore a couple of times...and thanks to my networking group to give me some sort of social outlet, I've been all over the DMV. I tell all my friends and family this is just a transitional period for me...but who knows how long that period is...I could be transitioning for a year, two years, 10 years, 20 years...who knows, I may even come back to this very thread and say I LOVE MD!

(I just don't see that happening in the very foreseeable future...lol.)

Old 09-01-2015, 08:05 PM

1,406 posts, read 1,028,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeckOutOfNJ View Post
.who the heck pays taxes on clothing?!
...Jersey is one of only 4 states that exempts all clothing. It's a nonsensical subsidy that massively favors the wealthy.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:13 PM

27,221 posts, read 32,209,791 times
And a sales tax is regressive and massively hurts the poor. Pick your poison.

Stupid is MD having a Back to School sales tax holiday and not exempting school supplies.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:33 PM

112 posts, read 49,389 times
There is nothing special about Maryland. You are just there. Of course, some town are real ****. Edmonston, for example. Lol, their own mayor doesn't want to pay a speeding ticket and they have that cheesy bridge on Decatur St. Kenilworth Ave is a disaster within its borders. It took them long enough to pave a portion of it, but then they leave the rest to rot.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:28 AM

5,042 posts, read 4,329,263 times
Why do I have to be a "bit more inventive/imaginative" when they are other people on these boards who can contribute as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMD View Post
That's a great discussion topic. Maybe if you were a bit more inventive/imaginative in your posting you'd get better responses than I feel bothered to give. That's a polite way of saying "you're the problem, not the solution to the issue".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
View detailed profiles of: