Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2016, 05:35 PM

158 posts, read 296,609 times

Advertisements

I have a Montgomery County parking permit for the garage next to the new Metro center. I have been parking there for years. And have been parking in the same place on top for at least six months. Tonight I got a parking ticket for an expired meter. Note: They just put the meters on the top at the first of the year.

My ticket says: Expired Parking Meter and under remarks it says: 12 HR PARKING/NO PERMIT.

My January 2016 permit is clearly displayed in a holder on the windshield, upper drivers side. Below is an image of my permit.

Now, my question is, aren't I allowed to park at a meter with that permit? There are non metered spots for permit holders, but I have never used on in five years. I just want to make sure before I go to court on this.

And is there any other way to fight this without taking the time and having to drive to Bethesda?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 12:02 AM

2,188 posts, read 2,685,312 times
I believe the PCS permit allows for parking at long term meters, but not short term. Maybe that was the issue?

Vehicles with PCS permits may park in the following spaces:

PCS Designated Spaces
Long Term Meters
Pay By Space Facilities
Carpool Spaces after 9:30 AM (Follow signage)
PARKING PERMITS

As far as contesting, the ticket (or the yellow envelop they come in) should have instructions.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:05 AM

2,188 posts, read 2,685,312 times
Long term parking is defined as the 9-12 hour meters, I believe. If you need further clarification, there should be a number on the back of the permit to connect you w/MCDOT Parking.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:21 AM

Thanks all,

It clearly states on the ticket: 12 HOUR PARKING.

Guess I'm going to fight it.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:13 AM

So... I called the number on the ticket to pay by phone. I was given three or four options. None of them were to speak to a representative. However, after selecting the option for expired tags, i was able to press 0 and was transferred to a human. I explained to them the situation and I was told to submit a copy of the ticket with a copy of my valid pass and mail it in the envelope provided. They would review it and dismiss it if everything was legit. Which it is. Just glad I don't have to waste a half a day to go to court.

Thanks again for your advise.

Dan

Old 02-01-2016, 10:30 AM

Montgomery County can't even admit a mistake. Got a letter back from them after sending them proof via photos of my permit and where it was displayed on my windshield. They send me a form letter stating they have a sworn statement from their enforcement office claiming the permit was not displayed. Not true. and that they will forgive me this time. But if he cites me again, they won't. So I will be SOL if he/she messes up again. Sounds fair to me. smh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
View detailed profiles of: