Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2016, 09:21 AM

19 posts, read 33,278 times

Advertisements

I just received a job offer and I'll be working by the Metro Center in Downtown, DC. I would like to take the metro into the city everyday. I am a single mother and would like to be close to good schools and close to the metro. I need a two bed room and I don't want to pay more than $1600. What are some good apartment complexes close to the red line or orange line. I am moving here from NY so I'm not too sure if I'm providing enough information. Thank you so much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 11:30 AM

13,358 posts, read 26,875,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPrice718 View Post
I am a single mother and would like to be close to good schools and close to the metro. I need a two bed room and I don't want to pay more than $1600. What are some good apartment complexes close to the red line or orange line. I am moving here from NY so I'm not too sure if I'm providing enough information.
I'd suggest Wheaton or Glenmont. You don't have to be in walking distance to the metro, as there are good bus connections.

You might try some of these new complexes: The George, MetroPointe, Solaire Wheaton, Flats at Wheaton Station. There is such an abundance of new construction, I am wondering if they are overbuilding and you can negotiate price.

Otherwise, these older building would give you a bus connection to the station: The Warwick; 1111, 1121 or 1131 University Blvd; Oakfield at 2217 Georgian Way. These listings can be found at Realtor.com and are probably individually owned condos, rather than rental complexes. These places can be found at Apartmentguide.com : Glenmont Forest or The Fields of Silver Spring (near the Forest Glen Metro).

Last edited by goldenage1; 03-19-2016 at 12:25 PM..

Old 03-19-2016, 02:58 PM

2,178 posts, read 2,664,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPrice718 View Post
I just received a job offer and I'll be working by the Metro Center in Downtown, DC. I would like to take the metro into the city everyday. I am a single mother and would like to be close to good schools and close to the metro. I need a two bed room and I don't want to pay more than $1600. What are some good apartment complexes close to the red line or orange line. I am moving here from NY so I'm not too sure if I'm providing enough information. Thank you so much in advance.
What grade is the kid?

Old 03-19-2016, 03:59 PM

15,405 posts, read 25,693,123 times
A 2 bedroom apartment near Metro may cost a bit more than $1600.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:58 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,512,623 times
You won't find too many two bedroom apartments in the $1600 price range near a metro stop. At least not in a good area. But it all depends on what you consider a "good area" to be.

Living near the Metro is prime Real Estate in this area. The closer you are to a metro stop the higher the rent will be. This is even true when you go very far out to the end of most metro lines. Often times apartments in downtown DC can be cheaper than apartments near far out metro stops in the suburbs.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:27 AM

2,044 posts, read 2,948,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
You won't find too many two bedroom apartments in the $1600 price range near a metro stop. At least not in a good area. But it all depends on what you consider a "good area" to be.

Living near the Metro is prime Real Estate in this area. The closer you are to a metro stop the higher the rent will be. This is even true when you go very far out to the end of most metro lines. Often times apartments in downtown DC can be cheaper than apartments near far out metro stops in the suburbs.
Actually not with regards to 2 BR in DC. The price right now is running between $2500-$4000.

I think the further out MoCO metro stops is not a bad idea. They are quite a bit cheaper than DC.

Again $1600 for a 2 BR in DC is very tight.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:35 AM

222 posts, read 269,065 times
I think you might need to increase your budget as $1600 puts you in neighborhoods with higher crime rates. Even the surrounding areas in the suburbs will command prices closer to $2,000 a month or higher for a 2 bed room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland