Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2017, 07:45 PM

206 posts, read 210,004 times

Advertisements

JPI 1 was approved by the county planning board in about2005, then rejected by the District Council. A second larger project JPI 2, was approved by the county planning board in about 2007, but JPI went bankrupt in the recession. The current project which closely resembles JPI 1 was approved by the County planning board in 2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 02:32 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,567,997 times
Quote:
Ulman said he will soon announce a Fortune 100 company opening a 7,500 SF innovation lab in College Park.
https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc...000-0500_dc-re

Old 09-08-2017, 10:13 PM

662 posts, read 783,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post

Exciting!

Old 09-11-2017, 07:53 AM

Here is a sneak peek at the new hotel. I'm impressed. I will definitely spend date nights there with the wife.

https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...758&j=78797571

Last edited by adelphi_sky; 09-11-2017 at 08:10 AM..

Old 09-11-2017, 08:04 AM

340 posts, read 376,761 times
Quote:
Here is a sneak peek at the new hotel. I'm impressed. I will definitely spend dates nights there with the wife.

https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...758&j=78797571
It is very nice, strolled thru the hotel, stopped at the bar, and went to Potomac pizza on Friday.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post
It is very nice, strolled thru the hotel, stopped at the bar, and went to Potomac pizza on Friday.
It certainly is a bright spot in all that is going on with retail in the county. It really speaks to how far the county has come and the investment going on in the Rt. 1 corridor. What is striking is that the Rt. 1 corridor is known for its seedy motels and 2-star offerings. To have a 4-star hotel plop right in the middle of all that is amazing.

Up next, Cambria Suites and Hyatt House!

Old 09-11-2017, 09:59 AM

340 posts, read 376,761 times
Quote:
It certainly is a bright spot in all that is going on with retail in the county. It really speaks to how far the county has come and the investment going on in the Rt. 1 corridor. What is striking is that the Rt. 1 corridor is known for its seedy motels and 2-star offerings. To have a 4-star hotel plop right in the middle of all that is amazing.

Up next, Cambria Suites and Hyatt House!
Not sure what makes a hotel a 4 star vs 5 start and on up...I've stayed in many 4 star or 5 star venues that aren't nearly as nice as this place based on impression and amenities offered, I suppose they don't offer a beach at this hotel but otherwise they've pretty much got it all.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post
Not sure what makes a hotel a 4 star vs 5 start and on up...I've stayed in many 4 star or 5 star venues that aren't nearly as nice as this place based on impression and amenities offered, I suppose they don't offer a beach at this hotel but otherwise they've pretty much got it all.
It is the amenities. 4-stars typically have more than one restaurant on-site including a white-tablecloth restaurant, a spa, a gym, a pool, suites, a lobby bar, and meeting space.

Your typical 3-star won't necessarily have two restaurants, usually, none are white-tablecloth, and meeting space, or a spa. But it will have a pool and a gym. 2-stars won't have a restuarant on-site, suites, or a gym, but they may have a pool.

MGM, the Gaylord, and now The Hotel at UMD all have 4-star qualities in common. They all have more than one restaurant on-site including white-tablecloth, a spa, a gym, a pool, suites, a lobby bar, and meeting space.

Your 1-stars are the motels etc. you still see long Rt. 1.

It also depends on other things like bath soaps, robes, room services like dry cleaning, in-room breakfast/dinner, and minimum room size.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:33 PM

220 posts, read 184,456 times
Hadn't seen this yet but Milk and Honey Cafe, a popular restaurant in Beltsville, is opening a location in College Park at the old site of Einstein's bagels. On their instagram I saw it mentioned as Milk and Cookies? Maybe just different name for different location but the Beltsville spot is very popular so great to hear it is coming to College Park.

This picture says Winter 2018 https://www.instagram.com/p/BZCkJPbg...chefsammydavis

Old 09-18-2017, 09:45 AM

662 posts, read 783,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terp80 View Post
Hadn't seen this yet but Milk and Honey Cafe, a popular restaurant in Beltsville, is opening a location in College Park at the old site of Einstein's bagels. On their instagram I saw it mentioned as Milk and Cookies? Maybe just different name for different location but the Beltsville spot is very popular so great to hear it is coming to College Park.

This picture says Winter 2018 https://www.instagram.com/p/BZCkJPbg...chefsammydavis

Omg more brunch options!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland