U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:48 PM

350 posts, read 1,489,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
I like the county but the only areas in pg county that need improvements are 5% of the county. The remaining county are nice,family friendly,quiet areas.
FYI- This is obviously a personal opinion- not a statistical quote.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:08 PM

69 posts, read 261,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessy0780 View Post
FYI- This is obviously a personal opinion- not a statistical quote.
I think the point is that the haters like to rant and rave, sometimes to the height of sheer hysterics about how bad PG County is.

I have family who live in a probably close to $700,000+ house in North Bowie, and there are lots of areas like theirs all throughout the county. There are some bad areas (mostly near the S.E. D.C. border), of course...

Old 03-12-2008, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFinMD View Post
I think the point is that the haters like to rant and rave, sometimes to the height of sheer hysterics about how bad PG County is.

I have family who live in a probably close to $700,000+ house in North Bowie, and there are lots of areas like theirs all throughout the county. There are some bad areas (mostly near the S.E. D.C. border), of course...
Just making sure that the poster (uggabugga) understood that the 5% is not a documented statistic- just lscalder's personal opinion. No one else posted percentages, and usually when someone posts a percentage, they back it up with a link. I was only pointing out that the 5% mentioned (% of the county that lscalder believes needs improvement) was an assumption, and the actual number could be much lower or much higher.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:27 AM

69 posts, read 261,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessy0780 View Post
Just making sure that the poster (uggabugga) understood that the 5% is not a documented statistic- just lscalder's personal opinion. No one else posted percentages, and usually when someone posts a percentage, they back it up with a link. I was only pointing out that the 5% mentioned (% of the county that lscalder believes needs improvement) was an assumption, and the actual number could be much lower or much higher.
No doubt you're correct. Perhaps it was a figure of speech, like how I might say, "Man, I have a million things to do today!" when in reality it's only 1/2-million. LOL

Old 03-12-2008, 07:35 AM

1,389 posts, read 5,671,508 times
It was a figure of speech my point was PG county is the largest county in Maryland and a very very small percentage needs improvement vs the largest portion of the county which are family friendly,quiet areas.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:25 AM

12,553 posts, read 18,921,472 times
Quote:
It was a figure of speech my point was PG county is the largest county in Maryland and a very very small percentage needs improvement vs the largest portion of the county which are family friendly,quiet areas.
I would put it closer to 25%, but I do agree that the largest portion is fine.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I would put it closer to 25%, but I do agree that the largest portion is fine.
It's interesting to see how people's percentages differ. Anyone know a way to find out a more precise %? Something documented?

Old 03-12-2008, 12:19 PM

74 posts, read 384,606 times
How do you document an exact percentage of something that's subjective opinion?

Might as well as the Census Bureau to begin keeping track of "undateable" people in the adult population.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:45 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,331,568 times
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I would think the closest thing to this documentation would be crime rates.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:43 PM

217 posts, read 686,193 times
Quote:

How do you know???!!!
How much of PGC do you really know about other than your "sanitized" neighborhood and others that you "think" are the same? You have said before that you hate older homes - why? Is it what you see on the evening news that turns you?

You said it - PG county is the largest county in Maryland. Have you driven on every road that needs repaving, seen every strip mall that was been boarded up and every mound of demise that can be a monument to the mis-management of the county? Have you been out of that small percentage you cling to?

Is there any real sense of pride and home that rings of Maryland injected into the county? Answer - NO.
Most people don't know the history of the state or county. Few have driven around and taken note of historical sites that this county is rich with.
This Maryland State Flag (enlarged) is no doubt more than most people know of the state.
Have you ever opened a phone book and tried to single out a faction of the county government you want to speak with? PGC's government is rife with needless redundancy, stumbling blocks and dead ends all for the sake of providing needless employment. Don't think about taxes.

That is why I propose razing the county and starting over.

BTW - What country are you from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland