U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:30 AM

1,389 posts, read 5,671,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfister View Post
How do you know???!!!
How much of PGC do you really know about other than your "sanitized" neighborhood and others that you "think" are the same? You have said before that you hate older homes - why? Is it what you see on the evening news that turns you?

You said it - PG county is the largest county in Maryland. Have you driven on every road that needs repaving, seen every strip mall that was been boarded up and every mound of demise that can be a monument to the mis-management of the county? Have you been out of that small percentage you cling to?

Is there any real sense of pride and home that rings of Maryland injected into the county? Answer - NO.
Most people don't know the history of the state or county. Few have driven around and taken note of historical sites that this county is rich with.
This Maryland State Flag (enlarged) is no doubt more than most people know of the state.
Have you ever opened a phone book and tried to single out a faction of the county government you want to speak with? PGC's government is rife with needless redundancy, stumbling blocks and dead ends all for the sake of providing needless employment. Don't think about taxes.

That is why I propose razing the county and starting over.

BTW - What country are you from?
I find it silly that we judge the entire county as one. We judge all of Pg county citizens and government as one while in other county we judge the citizens and government as individuals not as one.
This poster talks about the county citizens have no pride in Homeownership as if he look at all home in every city of the county. As if he/she knows all the county residents or is this poster judging the entire county citizens base upon a small portion of the county that needs improvement. I find it very silly that when I make it fair saying all counties in Maryland have issues. Politics is Politics regardless of race, religion and sex but to only point at one county and say their government are crooks while the rest of the politicians in Maryland are 100% honest. I thought in this century people would start judging others not as a group but as individuals.

I enjoy living in PG County. I know for a fact not the entire county needs help or improvements. I do know for a fact that majority of the County is very family friendly, quiet and peaceful. The ones who judge the county as One are those who do not live in the county but those who believes or thinks Blacks are uneducated,thugs,criminals who do not know how to act. I see plenty of issues with other county but people on this forum do not mention it. The other counties in Maryland are dealing with illegal as well as PG County but posters only mention illegal in Pg County. I have been to areas in Montgomery County that is run down but some posters mention all of Montgomery County is good while that is a lie. I have read on here that all of Montgomery County schools are good while a poster on this forum Truthhurts posted the facts and we all saw that some schools in Pg County blew some Montgomery County schools out of the Water but yet that was left unmentioned. I believe if you are judging a State/County or City be fair.

I love living in Pg county I see all of the growth happening right infront of my eyes. I think some of the other counties are upset that PG County is getting a lot of positive attention. PG County is the only county in Maryland right now that is getting a lot of attention from investors, Developers and Major Employers such as Private sectors and the Government who are bringing new jobs to the County because they see the growth of the county.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:33 AM

350 posts, read 1,489,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
I find is kind a silly that people are jumping on me for defending a county I enjoy living in. While we have posters who are making such as disgusting comments but oh no its me who defend a county I enjoy. People need to be fair
I actually didn't think that comment (about burning down PGC) deserved much of a reply- it was pretty obvious he was being facetious and provocative.

Please, defend your county- with statements about your county. We'd love to read about the improvements that you see happening, instead of just reading put downs about other counties. And, please- don't bring race into it, people who post things about PGC don't do it because they believe that "Blacks are uneducated,thugs,criminals who do not know how to act".
"I think some of the other counties are upset that PG County is getting a lot of positive attention. PG County is the only county in Maryland right now that is getting a lot of attention from investors, Developers and Major Employers such as Private sectors and the Government who are bringing new jobs to the County because they see the growth of the county."
This is just silly- I would certainly hope that any Marylander would want positive things to happen in ALL the counties. And, it's just not true that PG is the ONLY county getting attention from investors, developers and employers- though I'm glad PG is getting that attention. For example, FT Meade is getting ready for a major expansion that will impact all of AA- and the surrounding counties. Personally, I wish Howard County would get a little less attention from developers.

Last edited by jessy0780; 03-14-2008 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: wanted to add to it

Old 03-14-2008, 10:02 AM

1,389 posts, read 5,671,508 times
I have so many favorite things/moments about living in PG county.

My favorite things about PG county is everyday seeing successful,educated Blacks who are changing our next generation for the better.

I love the scenary. I love smelling fresh clean air everyday.
I love visitng our neighborhood farms.
I love the peace and quiet

I can go on and on but these are a few

Old 03-14-2008, 10:26 AM

350 posts, read 1,489,898 times
Quote:

My favorite things about PG county is everyday seeing successful,educated Blacks who are changing our next generation for the better.

There's no successful, educated people from other races who are changing our next generation for the better in PG?
(That was not meant to be nasty, it just jumped out at me that other races seemed to be omitted.)

And, which farms do you go to? I love places like that with fresh fruit and veggies and stuff for kids. There's not enough of them.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:27 PM

12,553 posts, read 18,921,472 times
Quote:

That's cool Iscalder!

Old 11-26-2009, 05:10 PM

2,172 posts, read 6,739,375 times
Old thread that doesn't need reviving. Closed.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:57 PM

791 posts, read 2,382,146 times
Quote:
Tell you the truth I have never hear Beltsville on the news.
Once metro goes into Howard county, the county will change.
??? That's a very strange and unfounded comment. Metro transit system, has nothing to do with Howard County, and has never had plans to build there. They can barely even afford to maintain the system they have now. Please don't spread false rumors.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:01 PM

791 posts, read 2,382,146 times
Quote:
It was a figure of speech my point was PG county is the largest county in Maryland and a very very small percentage needs improvement vs the largest portion of the county which are family friendly,quiet areas.
"PG is the largest county in Maryland" -- Not true, Actually, Frederick County has the largest land area. I believe Montgomery and Baltimore Counties have the largest population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland