Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 05:53 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,299,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfister View Post
How do you know???!!!
How much of PGC do you really know about other than your "sanitized" neighborhood and others that you "think" are the same? You have said before that you hate older homes - why? Is it what you see on the evening news that turns you?

You said it - PG county is the largest county in Maryland. Have you driven on every road that needs repaving, seen every strip mall that was been boarded up and every mound of demise that can be a monument to the mis-management of the county? Have you been out of that small percentage you cling to?

Is there any real sense of pride and home that rings of Maryland injected into the county? Answer - NO.
Most people don't know the history of the state or county. Few have driven around and taken note of historical sites that this county is rich with.
This Maryland State Flag (enlarged) is no doubt more than most people know of the state.
Have you ever opened a phone book and tried to single out a faction of the county government you want to speak with? PGC's government is rife with needless redundancy, stumbling blocks and dead ends all for the sake of providing needless employment. Don't think about taxes.

That is why I propose razing the county and starting over.

BTW - What country are you from?
I have been all over the county. I do enjoy living in the county and I am not the only PG county resident who is proud to live in PG County. I do not like older homes period regardless of the location of the home. I use to live in NW Dc in a very old row home and hate it. We spend too much money fixing up the home which is why I prefer newer homes.

For you to argue why I love living in PG County is silly my opinion is my opinion.
All the major companies, Investors and developers who also see the big potentials in Pg County also have their own opinion which is why they are investing so much in the county.

As far as politicians goes please they are corrupted in every county, city and state in the county. Just take alook of all the corrupted Politicians who have all been caught red handed. How many are PG County Politicians?

It seems to me you might only know the past about the County but not the present because for you to say "Is there any real sense of pride and home that rings of Maryland injected into the county? Answer - NO." I see pride in the county everyday. I see pride in Homeowners in the County each and everyday so for you to make such comment is 100% wrong and 100% incorrect.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:43 AM

350 posts, read 1,645,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankLaw View Post
How do you document an exact percentage of something that's subjective opinion?

Might as well as the Census Bureau to begin keeping track of "undateable" people in the adult population.
Well, since the question is what percentage of PG County needs improvement, then there has to be some kind of statistical number that correlates. For instance, if we chose to classify areas where more than half of the businesses are operating at a loss as "needing improvement", that shouldn't be too difficult for someone (by someone I mean an official, or statistician, not me- I'd have no clue how to go about that!) to document. Or if they used areas that had high crime and low employment. An area like that would need improvement. Maybe there's just too many way to do it- "needs improvement" is too general, I guess. Interesting concept, though.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:39 AM

Areas in Montgomery County,Charles,Howard and other county need improvement so lets post improvement needed for all counties.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Areas in Montgomery County,Charles,Howard and other county need improvement so lets post improvement needed for all counties.
That's fine, but since Montgomery, Charles and Howard aren't the topic of this thread, then it's really irrelevant, unless you want to start a new thread. It's not a county competition. If you think that PG County can stand up on it's own merits (which, you've made clear that you do think that), then there's no reason to try to denegrade other counties to make PG look better. IT'S NOT A COMPETITION.
Since this thread is about Beltsville, which is in PG County, and you posted the thread mentioning the percentage of the county needing improvement, I'm sure you expected people to comment on it.If you'd like to open a knowledgeable thread about improvements needed in another county, I'm sure people would be happy to read it, and comment.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:35 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,422,284 times
Well folks, this thread has taken twists and turns that are interesting and at times volatile, to say the least. I'm sure the OP didn't intend it to be a competition on what county was better or how hard a poster could slam Beltsville. Please keep it civil and no personal attacks or I will be forced to close it. Thanks,
7th generation

Old 03-13-2008, 03:18 PM

24 posts, read 64,981 times
Do you know that roads in the whole dc area are horrible? so what is your point. According to fox news Mont. County has the worse roads in the dc area.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:27 PM

24 posts, read 64,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessy0780 View Post
That's fine, but since Montgomery, Charles and Howard aren't the topic of this thread, then it's really irrelevant, unless you want to start a new thread. It's not a county competition. If you think that PG County can stand up on it's own merits (which, you've made clear that you do think that), then there's no reason to try to denegrade other counties to make PG look better. IT'S NOT A COMPETITION.
Since this thread is about Beltsville, which is in PG County, and you posted the thread mentioning the percentage of the county needing improvement, I'm sure you expected people to comment on it.If you'd like to open a knowledgeable thread about improvements needed in another county, I'm sure people would be happy to read it, and comment.

Its not a competition, but people make Prince Georges County the worse place in the world to live. I don't think she was trying to put down other counties. I think she was trying to say everywhere in the dc area needs improvement not just Prince Georges.

To the orignal poster, I never heard about beltsville in the news. In Prince Georges county the bulk of the crime is inside the beltway. Stay in Laurel, parts of Greenbelt, upper malboro, Bowie. Brandywine,
Cheltenham, Clinton, fort washington(tantallion side) and Auqasco isn't bad, but its kind of far from Beltsville. Bowie would be you best bet because its right off 50. Every school in Prince Georges isn't bad. Just have to know which one to send yours kids to. Also most kids are not thugs. Some people say that because the majority of the kids are black or hispanics in the school system.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:42 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcareagirl View Post
Do you know that roads in the whole dc area are horrible? so what is your point. According to fox news Mont. County has the worse roads in the dc area.
Compared to my home state, the roads here are heaven on earth.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcareagirl View Post
Its not a competition, but people make Prince Georges County the worse place in the world to live. I don't think she was trying to put down other counties. I think she was trying to say everywhere in the dc area needs improvement not just Prince Georges.

To the orignal poster, I never heard about beltsville in the news. In Prince Georges county the bulk of the crime is inside the beltway. Stay in Laurel, parts of Greenbelt, upper malboro, Bowie. Brandywine,
Cheltenham, Clinton, fort washington(tantallion side) and Auqasco isn't bad, but its kind of far from Beltsville. Bowie would be you best bet because its right off 50. Every school in Prince Georges isn't bad. Just have to know which one to send yours kids to. Also most kids are not thugs. Some people say that because the majority of the kids are black or hispanics in the school system.
Actually if you look at a lot of her posts on this board, you'll see that when ever anyone says anything even remotely against PG County, or any area in PG County, she has to attempt to put down other counties. I was merely pointing out that while other counties have their own problems, this thread is about Beltsville which is in PG County- so other counties' problems are irrelevent, IN THIS THREAD. I personally would enjoy hearing good things about PG- or areas that have already been improved, as opposed to hearing about it not being the only county to need improvement.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfister View Post
We should set fire to PGC, wait for the ashes to cool and start over.

Yes?

No?

I find is kind a silly that people are jumping on me for defending a county I enjoy living in. While we have posters who are making such as disgusting comments but oh no its me who defend a county I enjoy. People need to be fair
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland