Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 06:12 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times

Advertisements

the demographics changed in Waldorf when the mall was completed and Route 5 eliminated most of the traffic lights from the beltway. The trip from Marlow Heights was short as originally drawn up. PG County approved the development of Brandywine and now Waldorf is bottlenecked from commuter traffic. It's a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 11:19 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the demographics changed in Waldorf when the mall was completed and Route 5 eliminated most of the traffic lights from the beltway. The trip from Marlow Heights was short as originally drawn up. PG County approved the development of Brandywine and now Waldorf is bottlenecked from commuter traffic. It's a mess.
The Mall has been done for over thirty years.The demographic changed when people found out the housing price's and the bad deals that mortgage bankers and builders in St.Charles were giving out.Waldorf has always been(for 35-40 years easy) a bottle neck from Clinton all the way into Waldorf.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:20 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
Southern maryland is boring no offense. unless you like a different lifestyle with less crazyness.
"Southern maryland is boring"

What a childish comment.

I told my kids that if I ever heard them say, "I'm bored" that I would FIND something for them to do.

There is PLENTY to do, IF you actually LOOK and attempt to get involved in OTHER things then what you are used too.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taleof2cities202 View Post
Am I the only one that was offended by this comment????
Why are you offended?

"You do not have the right to not be offended by the free speech of others....."

The demographics of an area IS a prime consideration when you are looking to move to a new area.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAmErika View Post
Charles County MD leaves a lot to be desired especially if you are a young family. The lack of amenities:there isn't one splash park in the county or public pool that isn't in a High School (Lackey), roller skating rink ran down, bowling alley not family friendly, 1 movie theatre, I can go on but I think that paints a good picture. The schools are a little better than P.G. County but as previous posters have stated stick to LaPlata or North Point. If you work in DC the commute is brutal but you get use to it. I opted to live on the 210 side closer to Indian Head Naval Base. 210 even with traffic being bad could definitely use a Walmart, Target or something, but in Southern Maryland it doesn't seem to be much thought into creating decent town centers.
If these are the things, that to you make an area good or bad, I REALLY DO feel bad for you.

Charles Co has almost 500 MILES of shoreline and you whine about a pool!

Bowling, movies (I wouldn't let any kids see MOST movies made today), roller skating etc.

GET OUTSIDE. get your kids involved in OTHER things MORE productive then sitting in some building.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:38 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The Mall has been done for over thirty years.The demographic changed when people found out the housing price's and the bad deals that mortgage bankers and builders in St.Charles were giving out.Waldorf has always been(for 35-40 years easy) a bottle neck from Clinton all the way into Waldorf.
I saw the demographics changing 30 years ago. Mortgage bankers have nothing to with changing demographics in Waldorf.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I saw the demographics changing 30 years ago. Mortgage bankers have nothing to with changing demographics in Waldorf.

.....right.

Old 04-23-2017, 03:39 PM

8 posts, read 9,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If these are the things, that to you make an area good or bad, I REALLY DO feel bad for you.

Charles Co has almost 500 MILES of shoreline and you whine about a pool!

Bowling, movies (I wouldn't let any kids see MOST movies made today), roller skating etc.

GET OUTSIDE. get your kids involved in OTHER things MORE productive then sitting in some building.
I also commented about the lack of pools and splash parks. Not everyone lives within walking distance of the shoreline, nor do I really want myself or my kids swimming in the rivers on a daily basis. Pools provide a community for kids and adults, and are often a wonderful gathering place for kids from neighborhoods to meet up and have friends over the summer. There's nothing wrong with wanting more pools for a rapidly growing suburban area.

Old 04-23-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCWriterGirl View Post
I also commented about the lack of pools and splash parks. Not everyone lives within walking distance of the shoreline, nor do I really want myself or my kids swimming in the rivers on a daily basis. Pools provide a community for kids and adults, and are often a wonderful gathering place for kids from neighborhoods to meet up and have friends over the summer. There's nothing wrong with wanting more pools for a rapidly growing suburban area.
pretty sure most of the neighborhoods provide a pool for those that pay their homeowners association fees.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:44 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,806,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Southern maryland is boring"

What a childish comment.

I told my kids that if I ever heard them say, "I'm bored" that I would FIND something for them to do.

There is PLENTY to do, IF you actually LOOK and attempt to get involved in OTHER things then what you are used too.

Its boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland