U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 03:20 PM

15,835 posts, read 5,769,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baghead View Post
As bad as 210 is, a recent assessment of prices across the metro shows how bonkers the market continues to be. Washington Post Real Estate just touted an old townhouse in Reston (with $120/mo. HOA) "affordable" at $399K. At prices like that, my assessment of FW doesn't change. For all that it lacks, when it comes to value, proximity and safety, it can't be beat.

Now that the Fed has decided not to raise this month, most agree that means a maximum of two rate hikes this year. Inventory will continue to be low as property moves at a good rate, and prices will most likely rise, making FW seem a comparative bargain to many.

(Disclaimer: I'm not a real estate agent and have nothing to do with that property.)

I wish anyone selling a home luck in this market .I do call BS on you not being involved with that property,there is no other reason for you to post it(not a good one anyway).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 03:38 PM

38 posts, read 34,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I wish anyone selling a home luck in this market .I do call BS on you not being involved with that property,there is no other reason for you to post it(not a good one anyway).
How dare someone that likes looking at houses to look at sales for a particular area! We should inform HGTV to go off the air immediately!

Old 05-02-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchao View Post
How dare someone that likes looking at houses to look at sales for a particular area! We should inform HGTV to go off the air immediately!

Say what you want ,I 'm the honest one here. I like Ft Washington ,know Tantallon well and the golf course even better.It's were I met Joe Theismann for the first time back in the 80's when he and his group owned it.FW is very nice ....find one thing I said other then talk about the bad congestion of rt 210,I'll wait.Gov.Hogan just announced the bypass it's still two or three years away.Why can't you at least tell the truth about FW.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:54 PM

341 posts, read 293,346 times
Quote:
Okay, who do you revere? Obama? Ghandi? "Wierd Al" Yankovic? Whoever that person is, I swear on his life/grave that I have nothing to do with that property. But what's so bad about it. With hard bargaining you have a house for $265K and pay less to own than to rent. It's in good shape and on the correct side of 210. I call it not too bad of a buy.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baghead View Post
I call it not too bad of a buy.
Didn't say it was but then again I am not trying to sell an agenda here.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:

That agenda being the truth.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:06 AM

38 posts, read 34,632 times
Quote:
All you do is sell an agenda, G1. And unfortunately it is Trumpian in its tactics (e.g. not backed by fact, attacking anyone that dares to disagree with you).

Old 05-03-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
All you do is sell an agenda, G1. And unfortunately it is Trumpian in its tactics (e.g. not backed by fact, attacking anyone that dares to disagree with you).
LOL, never attacked anyone here.This post was about FT Washington.Sorry that you got mad about some one else telling the truth about all the traffic congestion in the area. My statements about the congestion on 210 are all backed up and look by whom?

From about 5 years ago....

http://www.city-data.com/forum/washi...d-highway.html

From 1999.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.aebf9bd114ae

...and we haven't even talked about this.

Highway of death: Why has Indian Head Highway had so many fatal crashes? | WTOP

Old 05-03-2017, 12:08 PM

I agree RE: the traffic. That's why I was complaining about the continued development down the road that impacts us.

I roll my eyes at the motorcyclists doing stupid stuff, but hey, good people need organs.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:

I backed up my statement, face it you got caught .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland