Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:33 AM

350 posts, read 1,645,968 times

Advertisements

It's in his private, locked suite of offices, according to the article, and includes a shower and sitting room- and his staff will have access to it.
I can see where it's a good idea to have a bathroom in the suite of offices-for securtiy reasons, but they said the cost could go up 12k. $77,000 of taxpayer dollars for a bathroom is just too much, especially right now, when he just raised property taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 11:59 AM

74 posts, read 421,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
When a Homeowner of Montogmery COunty need to renovate their home they either have to refinance their home or pay for it out of their paycheck.
But this bathroom isn't going to be in Leggett's home. We should be comparing apples to apples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
THe building do have other bathroom but he made comments stating he should have his own private bathroom because he is tired of sharing bathroom.
I agree with your points that this isn't the point in time to build an overpriced bathroom in the executive suites, but you need to present the issue fairly. He said that the people in charge of his security detail suggested he have a private bathroom.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:54 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,300,593 times
The Major of Washington DC Fenty use Public restroom, He have no issues with using public restroom. I would of thought he needs more protection.

Its fine to build him a private bathroom but why does he need a private sitting area. I thougth thats why he has a office. The executive before him had a private bath,which he turned into a kitchen for his staff which cost the county over $1million dollars for a kitchen. He will cut 225 government jobs and increase property tax. How are these 225 County Government workers suppost to pay for higher taxes when they are out of jobs.
O'malley is cutting $300 million of Montgomery County budget which is one of the highest state budget cut in Maryland.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:15 AM

198 posts, read 926,133 times
I don't think it's out of line for him to have a private bathroom. That is fairly typical for high level executives. I'm sure it will also be available for VIPs visiting Leggett many of whom are business people that Leggett wants to convince to bring their businesses (and more jobs) to Montgomery Co. 60,000 does sound like a lot, but it is expensive to put in a bathroom where none existed before. You'll need plumbers, electricians, etc.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:24 AM

276 posts, read 792,789 times
Default A pitiful mess!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, all I can say is that I am increasingly appalled at the deterioration of my hometown of Rockville and Montgomery County government as a whole (or should I say hole). When I grew up in good old MC, we had competent leadership. Now, however, the area is run by an idiot surrounded by more idiots with a bigger idiot residing in the state capital. It's pathetic, absolutely pathetic!!! You get what you vote for (but all people suffer regardless of the fact that they may have voted against these clowns in the first place)!!!

Old 03-23-2008, 08:07 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridahater View Post
Well, ladies and gentlemen, all I can say is that I am increasingly appalled at the deterioration of my hometown of Rockville and Montgomery County government as a whole (or should I say hole). When I grew up in good old MC, we had competent leadership. Now, however, the area is run by an idiot surrounded by more idiots with a bigger idiot residing in the state capital. It's pathetic, absolutely pathetic!!! You get what you vote for (but all people suffer regardless of the fact that they may have voted against these clowns in the first place)!!!
Is this all over a bathroom?

Old 03-23-2008, 09:08 AM

196 posts, read 795,908 times
I believe the problem is with the bathroom costing 72,000 (at last estimate). I think it's extravagant myself, but do realize that these guys hold lots of meetings with bigshots, so you gotta put on a show. And, it's not like he'll be there forever... the bath will get used by his successor too.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:32 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,300,593 times
The Executive before him did have a private bathroom which was later converted to a private kitchen which cost the county $1million dollars.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:13 AM

2,725 posts, read 6,424,366 times
Bathroom to kitchen? Hmm......note to self: I ain't eatin' there!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland