Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 05:00 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,126,824 times

Advertisements

Yes, I’ve missed it — if you’ve said it......where will your job be? That is very key to commute and housing location.

Also, you say you’re willing to do at least an hour commute. I’d still suggest you try to live as close to work as possible. And what time of day will you be commuting back and forth. 1) Like in the NYC area a one hour commute could turn out to be much longer than that on any given day. But, 2) unlike NYC DC does not have a lot of transit options. I know you said you’ll be driving. But it can’t hurt to have transit options on any given day either.

Mostly, as I said, knowing what area or neighborhood your job will be in would help with housing suggestions.

Last edited by selhars; 08-21-2018 at 05:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 06:10 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,565,972 times
Montgomery County Maryland is the largest wealthy majority-minority county in the entire Mid-Atlantic, no one will be out to get you because your black.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:47 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,886,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix2015 View Post
Hi,

I will be making at least 63k and I'm looking for a 2-3 bedroom two floor home. I'm from NY so I'm looking for a townhome community in the suburbs. I have no children and I'm Single. I will be brining my 64 year old mother who is sickly. I need a nice, safe community with no major racial issues. I would like to be around an educated, working class community. I'm willing to pay 2k at the most and I would like it to be a place with restaurants, movie theaters and maybe a park to walk our dogs. I'm looking at Gaithersburg or Germantown. and any others if you have suggestions. thanks in advance.
Wow, you are one of these blacks that have a serious chip on shoulder. (basically racists toward whites).

I'm not sure how "educated" you are with that attitude. You sound kind of ignorant to me.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:49 AM

712 posts, read 1,092,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Wow, you are one of these blacks that have a serious chip on shoulder. (basically racists toward whites).
Lol, how did you even come to that conclusion from her two posts in this thread? Serious chip on her shoulder? She obviously has no issue living around a majority of non-blacks if she's focusing on Gaithersburg or Germantown. If anything she's too fearful that she'll be attacked in those places because she's black, and that's where the ignorance comes in. But I can somewhat understand her concern from the standpoint that she's the caretaker for her sickly mother who will be moving with her and is dependent on her.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:11 PM

2,193 posts, read 2,688,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post

I'm not sure how "educated" you are with that attitude. You sound kind of ignorant to me.
What on earth are you even talking about?

Old 08-24-2018, 03:34 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,964,660 times
Northern Central Baltimore County. You would be very close to excellent healthcare also. And EVERYTHING is here!

I hate to say this, but if anybody is going to bop you on the head they most likely will not be white.

Old 08-26-2018, 12:48 PM

170 posts, read 188,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
Northern Central Baltimore County. You would be very close to excellent healthcare also. And EVERYTHING is here!

I hate to say this, but if anybody is going to bop you on the head they most likely will not be white.
Don't look at the Asians either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland