Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 06:09 PM

789 posts, read 1,095,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Guess I need to drive through Bowie again. It never struck me as the "best" of anything, even in an area as bland as middle Maryland.
Get on a bike. There are bike lanes, trails and paths all over. You may have a new appreciation of the city (and county tbh)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 03:19 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Guess I need to drive through Bowie again. It never struck me as the "best" of anything, even in an area as bland as middle Maryland.
It's a nice place but "Best".....just not.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:43 AM

125 posts, read 153,884 times
I never really cared for Bowie very much. But it is decent, and has really nice looking houses that area affordable compared to the pricing everywhere else. But not best of anything, just more a nice medium of living.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:01 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlax View Post
Get on a bike. There are bike lanes, trails and paths all over. You may have a new appreciation of the city (and county tbh)
That is very appealing to avid cyclists like myself.

Ultimately I would like to live in a more affordable place but with ease of access especially by bicycle.

Medium living, what the hell is that.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:13 AM

712 posts, read 1,091,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlax View Post
I agree. The City takes pride in its trails and is currently updating its Trails Master Plan. For those interested in participating:

Quote:
Trails Master Plan Survey
The Planning Department is updating the City’s 2002 Trails Master Plan and is seeking suggestions for the future of our City’s trail network. Help us identify issues and concerns about bicycling and walking in Bowie and how we can enhance your experience on City trails. Assist us by completing a survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/bowie_trails_survey.

Also, plan to attend a Trails Planning Workshop on February 2, 2019, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., at Kenhill Center. For more information about the process, visit www.cityofbowie.org/2410/Trails-Master-Plan

Old 02-09-2019, 05:26 PM

469 posts, read 549,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The public schools in Bowie aren't ranked that high.
Not true several are. Good choices to choose from in Bowie

Old 02-11-2019, 03:00 PM

35 posts, read 20,645 times
Really? I thought Bowie was ghetto.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:54 AM

16 posts, read 15,223 times
Bowie is a great place to live if you can afford it. I bought a new Ryan home a couple years ago closer in for a cheaper price.. The same exact model is almost 200k dollars more than I paid and i'm literally 20 mins away. The schools are excellent but I don't go to high school or elementary school for that matter. I doubt I will spend an extra 1k a month in mortgage and taxes to say I live in Bowie. Id rather take vacation a couple times per year with the family. Plus I can't deal with the commute. Its easily 40 mins to DC

Old 02-12-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barringer24 View Post
Bowie is a great place to live if you can afford it. I bought a new Ryan home a couple years ago closer in for a cheaper price.. The same exact model is almost 200k dollars more than I paid and i'm literally 20 mins away. The schools are excellent but I don't go to high school or elementary school for that matter. I doubt I will spend an extra 1k a month in mortgage and taxes to say I live in Bowie. Id rather take vacation a couple times per year with the family. Plus I can't deal with the commute. Its easily 40 mins to DC
I wouldn't say easily 40 mins. I live in the W section in Bowie and have on average made it to the DC line in 25 minutes, sometimes less, via 197 -> Hwy 50.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
Not true several are. Good choices to choose from in Bowie
This is true...Whitehall ES, Yorktown ES, Heather Hills, Samuel Ogle MS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland