U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 09:10 AM

9 posts, read 17,951 times

Advertisements

Hello! We are relocating from NYC/CT to Rockville and are looking for houses in Rockville, Gaithersburg/North Potomac and potentially Olney. We have 2 daughters, neither school aged yet, but we are using the public school rankings to help us find nice, safe, family-centered neighborhoods (well, theoretically). In those areas the Elementary schools seem good, but the Middle and High Schools are disappointing. We are interested in private and parochial schools, but I haven't been able to track down a source of information to help rank/list them. I know that the public schools in Potomac, Bethesda, Kensington, CC etc are better, but at this point they are out of our price range. I'd be very grateful for any advice. The messages on this forum have been EXTREMELY useful to me in my search thus far! Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,697 times
There are many good private schools in Olney. I teach at St. John's Episcopal School and it is an excellent school. Small classes, great teachers, great community atmosphere, good academics, character and value education. Most people feel that the elementary public schools are great, but the middle schools aren't. We are currently full in our middle school for this reason--(we have 38 per grade max) In addition, there is Sandy Spring Friends and the new Good Counsel High School in Olney. Check out the website at [url=http://www.stjes.com]St. John's Episcopal School in Olney, MD[/url].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland