Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 04:33 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,069,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
It is 48.5% Black now as of 2020, versus ~34% White. The county is whiter the further south you go (i.e. La Plata and south on 301) but Waldorf is basically South Fort Washington or Lower Marlboro .

And not sure what you mean by Asian population. They are basically all in Howard, MoCo, or Fairfax Co. Even AACo doesn't exactly have a noticeable Asian population. This is not PG County with College Park being an enclave...
Fort Wahington and Oxon Hill have always had a huge Filipino populalion including their own nursing home and a huge all-Filipino Catholic church, and the nation's first Filipino judge - I think they like the community's proximity to Naval bases) - although its somehow never mentioned in the media- and some have migrated into Charles Co.... Charles Co. also has Indian doctors and professionals. Several Indian children have been top school valedictorians. LaPlata has had a mosque for at least 20 years or more, its a plain, nondescript building downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 09:33 PM

211 posts, read 237,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Waldorf yes, Charles County ,no.

Last time I checked, Waldorf is a part of Charles county.

Old 07-02-2022, 03:08 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCarea View Post
Last time I checked, Waldorf is a part of Charles county.
Yes but not all of Charles County, look at a map the proximity of it and it's more Southern P.G -Brandywine.
As PG county is all of PG county ,every town .

Old 02-25-2023, 11:06 AM

45,324 posts, read 60,500,026 times
A new analysis:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...0a21f241&ei=54

Some of the Prince George's boosters will crap tacks when they read this.

It validates about 95% of what I've been saying here the last few years and have been told I didn't know what I was talking about.

Old 02-25-2023, 02:22 PM

2,282 posts, read 3,929,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
A new analysis:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...0a21f241&ei=54

Some of the Prince George's boosters will crap tacks when they read this.

It validates about 95% of what I've been saying here the last few years and have been told I didn't know what I was talking about.
Steny Hoyer's going to be squeezed out of a job. No amount of redistricting is going to help him. Lol...

Old 02-25-2023, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Steny Hoyer's going to be squeezed out of a job. No amount of redistricting is going to help him. Lol...
No he's not. He's in his 80's and likely won't be in office when the next redistricting happens. The most recent one didn't change his district much at all. As it is now he carries Charles substantially, the Prince George's portion even more substantially and loses Calvert and St. Mary's.

That's why there wasn't a bigger push this last time to create another majority-minority district. It's assumed, correctly, that when Steny exits the stage that his district will automatically become one as far as who's elected.

The same thing happened with Mike Miller's Senate district.

Old 02-25-2023, 03:29 PM

2,188 posts, read 2,684,340 times
Quote:
Huh?

Old 02-25-2023, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflove View Post
Huh?
Steny wins 65%-35% every election (this past year might have been 64%-36%) even losing Calvert and St. Mary's. He's not going anywhere until he wants to or he goes the way of all flesh.

Old 02-26-2023, 09:09 AM

1,203 posts, read 789,941 times
Quote:
Quote:
No he's not. He's in his 80's and likely won't be in office when the next redistricting happens. The most recent one didn't change his district much at all. As it is now he carries Charles substantially, the Prince George's portion even more substantially and loses Calvert and St. Mary's.

That's why there wasn't a bigger push this last time to create another majority-minority district. It's assumed, correctly, that when Steny exits the stage that his district will automatically become one as far as who's elected.

And has that person look at how Charles County vote? It's 70-30 D to R (using the governor race number) lol...

Just b/c some of the wealthier blacks move to Charles County (and actually part of West AA County also) doesn't mean they'll all of a sudden start to vote Republicans lol...

Plus the truth is Charles County is only the highest MHI black-majority county b/c its population is still tiny especially compare to PG - i.e. you basically have all the blacks that used to move to outside the beltway PG going to Charles County instead.

Old 03-02-2023, 05:12 PM

2,282 posts, read 3,929,742 times
Quote:

I'll believe it when I see it.

According to Wiki, the Fifth District has seen a decrease in the white population from 60% to 46% since the latest redistricting. Imo, Hoyer's in the same position as former Rep. Joe Crowley who lost his seat to AOC. It's just a matter a time before someone (most likely, an African-American) decides it's time for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland