U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:51 AM

876 posts, read 1,488,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Naw, Calvert and St. Mary's are both ghettoes and radioactive to boot. Stay away, you'll just get a broken heart.
I'm not sure I understand... Because of Calvert Cliffs SOMD is radioactive?

Also even though the population and subsequent crime has increased it is still nothing compared to the more urban counties...

I still visit my parents in SOMD regularly and it is still one of my favorite places, it is absolutely beautiful and was a great place to grow up...

I would still be living there if MD didn't have such an oppressive cost of living...

Old 10-15-2009, 07:29 AM

16,772 posts, read 16,306,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tercel95 View Post

Also even though the population and subsequent crime has increased it is still nothing compared to the more urban counties...

I still visit my parents in SOMD regularly and it is still one of my favorite places, it is absolutely beautiful and was a great place to grow up...

I would still be living there if MD didn't have such an oppressive cost of living...
I'm kidding........ maybe. Newer local joke.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'm kidding........ maybe. Newer local joke.
I thought you might be joking... Typically we are both in the same threads advocating for SOMD...

FYI I've only been out of MD for 6 months...

I hear they are getting an Olive Garden and a Sonic across from the Petco on 235... Its such big news that it makes it to me all the way in FL...

Old 10-15-2009, 10:48 AM

1,358 posts, read 2,246,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tercel95 View Post
Oh, I forgot about the Nuclear facility at Calvert Cliffs...now I get it. Constellation is supposed to build a new reactor, I think on the same site, once the EDF takeover goes through. Sure beats Olive Garden and Sonic . I didn't even know they had Sonics in Maryland (at least I haven't seen any), so that is pretty big.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpterp View Post
Oh, I forgot about the Nuclear facility at Calvert Cliffs...now I get it. Constellation is supposed to build a new reactor, I think on the same site, once the EDF takeover goes through. Sure beats Olive Garden and Sonic . I didn't even know they had Sonics in Maryland (at least I haven't seen any), so that is pretty big.
Yeah its supposed to open up a lot of jobs but unemployment in SOMD isn't that bad to begin with... And yeah a sonic in MD let alone SOMD is a huge deal... There just isn't a whole lot to do in SOMD so new restaurants are huge... There is always wild speculation spread around before they even start building them...

We are really close to NOVA though...

Old 10-15-2009, 11:04 AM

16,772 posts, read 16,306,294 times
When the K-Mart in Prince Frederick opened in, I think, 1988 or so I received an invitation: Evening Formal attire.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:58 PM

26,434 posts, read 46,782,213 times
I personally can't wait to explore Garrett County.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:53 PM

276 posts, read 534,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman3 View Post
Montgomery County isn't that great.

Its expensive, the people are very unattractive, rude obnoxious and there is a good amount of crime.
Hey, I grew up in MCO. I would never live there now. It's too expensive and congested. It WAS a wonderful place to grow up years ago--low crime, more open space, great schools, wonderful people, but not true now!

Old 10-17-2009, 09:38 PM

715 posts, read 1,376,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post
I love Montgomery county, especially Germantown and Gaithersburg. The schools are awesome, the neighborhoods are beautiful. Montgomery county seems to be the fastest growing county in maryland. There is new people comming, there is diversity and many great restaurents.

I now live in NC, I hate NC. I will be moving back to Germantown.

WHAT COUNTY CAN BEAT MONTGOMERY COUNTY?
What are some of the awesome high schools in Germantown and Gaithersburg?

Old 10-18-2009, 06:06 PM

1,358 posts, read 2,246,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by live_strong28 View Post
What are some of the awesome high schools in Germantown and Gaithersburg?
Watkins Mill (G'burg), Northwest (G'town), Gaithersburg, Quince Orchard (G'burg), and Seneca Valley (G'town). And yes they're all on Newsweek's top HS list. And yes I know how much you hate Jay Matthews and that list since the corrupt HS administrators force students to take AP's so they'll rank highly so you can spare us the lecture, but have you noticed that the schools on the list (including the schools in Prince George's County) are also well-regarded by organizations/publications other than Newsweek and have the best reputations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland