Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:50 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,289,240 times

Advertisements

I get that comment a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 12:11 PM

135 posts, read 604,896 times
"She's wise beyond her years" is your next step. I know you can do it! It will be easier with your strong family bonds. Things are always alot harder to achieve when you go it alone.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:56 PM

10,130 posts, read 15,817,308 times
Capitol Heights is a very ghetto area overrun with gangs and drugs. Even by the standards of PG County it is very bad. People are shot there every day. It will only get worse as Washington, D.C. gentrifies and the slums are relocated into Maryland.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:59 PM

176 posts, read 276,416 times
No comment to Iscalder. I thought about the back and forth between us. It`s nto worth it. I can get my fustrations out another way. I was with your brother this weekend and felt bad about the stuff I said about you or to you.As soon as this deal is closed all of this foolishness will be over. I can`t wait. Before you write stuff please have the correct info and not listen to ppl who think they know my business. Have a great day Latoya.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:02 PM

7 posts, read 22,234 times
Rule of thumb when I moved to the DC Metro: stay away from most parts of PG county (my husband grew up part of life there while his dad worked at NASA) and especially away from (no kidding) cities with two words: Capitol Heights.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:06 PM

176 posts, read 276,416 times
It definely has some shady areas but not the entire county, maybe place close to that town but gaain not the entire county.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:16 PM

26,688 posts, read 41,593,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishphat View Post
especially away from (no kidding) cities with two words: Capitol Heights.
away from cities with two words? explain Fort Washington, Upper Marlboro, and Berywn Heights then.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:25 AM

3 posts, read 14,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
Capitol Heights is a very ghetto area overrun with gangs and drugs. Even by the standards of PG County it is very bad. People are shot there every day. It will only get worse as Washington, D.C. gentrifies and the slums are relocated into Maryland.
Capitol Heights has its challenges but the crime is not as bad as you say. The fact is with two Metro’s and a lot of free land it will take courage from the citizens and vision from the local government to lead the citizen in a new and more rewarding direction. Gangs and drugs are their but it’s also in Terrapin land where ever you may live but a little more uncover. Capitol Heights will not be the relocated slum for the area because were on a mission to improve the area. I will give this little secret. You don't read about Capitol Heights local government having external or internal issue on the news or in the paper and other than crime reports you see positive actions happening in the community. So Terrapin that from the one who knows Capitol Heights ""THE MAYOR"" I hope you buy property soon before the prices start to rise and read that Capitol Heights is the best place to live in the area.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 AM

3 posts, read 14,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishphat View Post
Rule of thumb when I moved to the DC Metro: stay away from most parts of PG county (my husband grew up part of life there while his dad worked at NASA) and especially away from (no kidding) cities with two words: Capitol Heights.

This isn't your Husband Capitol Heights and you should spend more tiem reseaching the area again instead of using a 20 year model. Maybe this is not an area for your family but it is a great area.

Capitol Heights has its challenges but the crime is not as bad as you say. The fact is with two Metro’s and a lot of free land it will take courage from the citizens and vision from the local government to lead the citizen in a new and more rewarding direction. Gangs and drugs are their but it’s also in Terrapin land where ever you may live but a little more uncover. Capitol Heights will not be the relocated slum for the area because were on a mission to improve the area. I will give this little secret. You don't read about Capitol Heights local government having external or internal issue on the news or in the paper and other than crime reports you see positive actions happening in the community. So Terrapin that from the one who knows Capitol Heights ""THE MAYOR"" I hope you buy property soon before the prices start to rise and read that Capitol Heights is the best place to live in the area.

Last edited by dmiller1; 10-23-2007 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: did not finish the reply

Old 11-02-2010, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,312 times
Is capitol heights that bad of an area that you are all turning it into a racial thing? black white who ever not 1 person has answered the main question...do you recommend the area to someone who is out of town or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland