U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 7,562 times
Default Montgomery county maryland is the best

I love montgomery county! Let me tell you why. Montgomery county is a beautiful place to raise a family and the shopping centers and malls is beautiful. The cost of living and gas prices is a major problem that drive residents away to surrounding counties in maryland or virginia. The people in the county is very friendly and very cool to spend time with. I must say, the school's in the county is very excellent. When i say excellent, i mean the diversity in the county school's and people coming from diffrent countries living in the montgomery county communites makes the county friendly. But we have a major gang problem in the county that makes the county downhill. I must say, the communties close to langley park and takoma park are heavily populated with gangs that make montgomery county downhill. Otherwise, the metro stations in the county is wonderful except wheaton with the rideon buses serves the county that saving residents gas money. Im currently living in burtonsville and its a best place to live. Other best places to live in montgomery county is germantown, poolesville, rockville, gaithersburg, olney, kensington, bethesda, damascus, clarksburg, white oak, aspen hill, chevy chase, glenmont, and burtonsville. Worst places
some parts of wheaton, silver spring, and takoma park communites thats very close to langley park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 03:19 PM

913 posts, read 2,065,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATUXENT18 View Post
I love montgomery county! Let me tell you why. Montgomery county is a beautiful place to raise a family and the shopping centers and malls is beautiful. The cost of living and gas prices is a major problem that drive residents away to surrounding counties in maryland or virginia. The people in the county is very friendly and very cool to spend time with. I must say, the school's in the county is very excellent. When i say excellent, i mean the diversity in the county school's and people coming from diffrent countries living in the montgomery county communites makes the county friendly. But we have a major gang problem in the county that makes the county downhill. I must say, the communties close to langley park and takoma park are heavily populated with gangs that make montgomery county downhill. Otherwise, the metro stations in the county is wonderful except wheaton with the rideon buses serves the county that saving residents gas money. Im currently living in burtonsville and its a best place to live. Other best places to live in montgomery county is germantown, poolesville, rockville, gaithersburg, olney, kensington, bethesda, damascus, clarksburg, white oak, aspen hill, chevy chase, glenmont, and burtonsville. Worst places
some parts of wheaton, silver spring, and takoma park communites thats very close to langley park
it's nice when you can afford to live in there.. LOL unless you bought the house like 10-20years ago before the boom and also you work in DC or around the county, YES it's a DAMN nice place...

I aint cool cos I am not in MoCo!

Old 07-17-2008, 08:15 PM

495 posts, read 949,320 times
While I hate to admit it (P.G. lover) you all have a great county. Now if you can solve that whole unaffordable housing issue and then your county will truly be the best in MD.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:27 PM

34 posts, read 98,007 times
I was there end of june into july and I really thought that parts of it were very nice. I would indeed live there, but the problem is that I could not afford it. Even if I had a really great job, I still probabily could not afford it. Bring the housing and rent prices down quite a bit and I may think about coming. Oh and the schools really need improvement from what I was told as well.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 4,438 times
Thumbs down "the school's in the county is very excellent." WTF???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATUXENT18 View Post
I hope you weren't educated in Montgomery County, because your grammar is atrocious.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:21 PM

3,185 posts, read 4,194,246 times
I'm wondering if that post was meant to be a joke.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:43 AM

317 posts, read 258,819 times
It's a decent county but I wouldn't say the best.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:18 AM

197 posts, read 154,156 times
I would have to agree Moco is the best place to live..........if you are living in tins country illegally.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:37 AM

9,400 posts, read 7,618,176 times
Yeah it's an alright county. Bethesda is nice as is Silver Spring. But it's going downhill. Crime, gangs and housing prices. If you want to escape that, well, you gotta go farther up the county which means an awful commute.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:11 PM

21 posts, read 44,961 times
Patuxent, I have to disagree! Montgomery County isn't that great. It's overpriced, overpopulated, the school system only pay attention to honors students. I actually prefer living in PG/moved here in 2001 from Wheaton, and I never looked back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland