U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:57 PM

460 posts, read 1,718,377 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to determine exactly where this is - is it off Rt. 216 near Scaggsville? I see there is some new construction around there that seems reasonably priced - especially with Maple Lawn on the west side of Rt 216/Rt. 29 !!!

ANyone have any info to share about this part of Laurel in Ho. County?
THanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 04:26 AM

83 posts, read 300,088 times
Can you give a more specific address? The 216/Rt 29 area does have some new construction with a bunch of shops out there close to Felton. I didn't know they were building new homes there. We have a number of new home sites going up. In the 20723 area, there are some new homes going up where Gorman Road breaks to the right and the name changes to something else.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:05 AM

1,336 posts, read 3,476,764 times
Based on bringing up an MLS listing on a new home for North Laurel Park, the map looks like it is off of 216 before All Saints. It is not too far from Whisky Bottom area. It is on the Laurel side of 95. It looks like the area is bordered by 216, All Saints, Route 1, and Whiskey Bottom Road. I've driven back through there before and its all residential and seemed like a nice area (although close to Whisky Bottom).

Old 11-17-2008, 12:24 PM

I went in search of North Laurel Park today and, I didn't find it. I did drive through the Maple Lawn area off of 216. There is a lot of new home construction going on behind the new business area they built there. However, some of it definitely isn't cheap. I saw one sign in the Maple Lawn residential area advertising new condos for $599,000!

kjg1963 may have the right area for North Laurel Park. I'll check that area out tomorrow while I'm out that way.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:37 PM

1,336 posts, read 3,476,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkester View Post
I went in search of North Laurel Park today and, I didn't find it. I did drive through the Maple Lawn area off of 216. There is a lot of new home construction going on behind the new business area they built there. However, some of it definitely isn't cheap. I saw one sign in the Maple Lawn residential area advertising new condos for $599,000!

kjg1963 may have the right area for North Laurel Park. I'll check that area out tomorrow while I'm out that way.
$599,000 for a condo in this economy!!! We'll see how well they sell. I wasn't sure where North Laurel Park was, so I just did a google search. One of the first sites was for new homes listings. Then I just google mapped the area. I know that area has some older established neighborhoods -- I had a babysitter that moved back in there and when I went to visit, I was surprised. I didn't know that all those homes were back there. There is a road -- Washington Blvd. -- that runs from 216 (right past Main Street) out to Route 1, up by Bottom of the Bay, that seems to be the main thoroughfare for this neighborhood. I can't recall seeing any signage indicating new development though, but it is possible. It seems like a good sized area.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:06 PM

I was surprised by that too. I know other builders in Laurel have been dropping their prices. There were new homes on Contee Road between Van Dusen and the new apartment building that were initially selling for $500,000. I believe those dropped to $420,000 which still seems a lot to me. The homes behind that in the Wellington development were selling for over $600,000. I think that's awful high for Laurel though they are good size homes. I wouldn't want their mortgage.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:57 PM

460 posts, read 1,718,377 times
After researching, there seems to be a lot available in North Laurel Park but alot is short sales, which I have no desire to be at the mercy of a bank while they still try to command such high prices. ALso, they all seem to be concentrated among the more newly-built homes. Seems like a decent area though.

We looked at a house in the Nickles subdivision which is in North Laurel near 95/Van Dusen, etc. in PG. It was listed for low 400K (short sale, of course) but the TAXES on the sucker were almost 10,000!!!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Old 11-18-2008, 02:42 PM

I went in search again of North Laurel Park. I drove down 216 to Baltimore Ave, turned right and drove through that residential area. The only new development I saw in there was a place called Patuxent Ridge. If you kept going along Baltimore Ave, it cut off and became North Laurel Drive/Street. That went left and right. The left part of it eventually dead ended. The right part ran out to Route 1 where there's a stop light and Bottom of the Bay that kjg1963 mentioned.

There is a new small development along Whiskey Bottom to the right from All Saints Road called Kings Lane or something. Also, it looks like they're expanding another development just off the roundabout at Whisky Bottom and All Saints Road.

I'll check some realtor listings for Laurel and see if I can find anything called North Laurel Park.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:27 PM

I checked a realtor's listing and mapquest and found out I drove through North Laurel Park when I turned left on North Laurel Road. I don't remember seeing anything that identified the area as North Laurel Park. The neighborhood seemed nice. From what I saw on the realtor's listing, a number of the homes aren't cheap as they there were in the $420,000 plus range. I wouldn't want to have to pay that kind of mortgage.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:27 AM

7 posts, read 14,003 times
Smile Hi there

I think i know what you are talking about there is new housing but i think that is also owned by maple lawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland