U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Unread 04-15-2011, 07:45 AM
 
6,524 posts, read 7,760,484 times
Reputation: 2214
Quote:
Originally Posted by superseiyan View Post
Why?

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but it's additionally helpful to backup such comments.
He commented on it in2008. Is he still around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 04-15-2011, 09:02 AM
 
7,256 posts, read 3,915,344 times
Reputation: 1213
Quote:
Originally Posted by superseiyan View Post
Why?

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but it's additionally helpful to backup such comments.
Well, if you fast forward to 2011. The intersection of West Deer Park Rd. and Route 355 has the most luxuries apartment building in Gaithersburg. With 393 units, Highland Square is the first apartment building to open up since the redevelopment of Gaithersburg started. Highland Square features 5 floors of structured parking with gated entry. Stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops come standard.



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-16-2011, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
10 posts, read 10,709 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Well, if you fast forward to 2011. The intersection of West Deer Park Rd. and Route 355 has the most luxuries apartment building in Gaithersburg. With 393 units, Highland Square is the first apartment building to open up since the redevelopment of Gaithersburg started. Highland Square features 5 floors of structured parking with gated entry. Stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops come standard.


Very nice apartments MDAllstar.

Just noticed how old the topic is and was going to respond to one of them Wondering why some think parts of Mont. Village are considered "ghetto"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-18-2011, 12:18 PM
 
Location: Montgomery Village
3,937 posts, read 1,588,090 times
Reputation: 1590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu75 View Post
Very nice apartments MDAllstar.

Just noticed how old the topic is and was going to respond to one of them Wondering why some think parts of Mont. Village are considered "ghetto"?
Montgomery Village is not ghetto. Period. i don't know what kind of place it was before i moved their in 2009. But I've been here for almost 2 years and it seems perfectly fine to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-18-2011, 12:31 PM
 
783 posts, read 1,457,507 times
Reputation: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Montgomery Village is not ghetto. Period. i don't know what kind of place it was before i moved their in 2009. But I've been here for almost 2 years and it seems perfectly fine to me.
I've lived there since the 80's and it has changed by leaps and bounds. Certainly isn't ghetto, but certain developments are downright sketchy, and not what they used to be. Talk to the mail carriers, they'll give you the run down on the areas. Visit the mikey d's & the gas stations, and the surrounding areas after 10 pm at night....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-18-2011, 06:51 PM
 
2,015 posts, read 1,592,827 times
Reputation: 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
I've lived there since the 80's and it has changed by leaps and bounds. Certainly isn't ghetto, but certain developments are downright sketchy, and not what they used to be. Talk to the mail carriers, they'll give you the run down on the areas. Visit the mikey d's & the gas stations, and the surrounding areas after 10 pm at night....
South Village is ghetto and illegal immigrant-ish, and their Watkins Mill elementary school is the lowest performing school in MoCo. East Village on the other hand is completely opposite..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-18-2011, 11:18 PM
 
19 posts, read 15,340 times
Reputation: 10
Wootton High School is AMAZING! Far better than Quince Orchard. This is 20878 North Potomac area though so prices are quite a bit higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-19-2011, 11:31 AM
 
6,524 posts, read 7,760,484 times
Reputation: 2214
Quote:
Originally Posted by covance View Post
Wootton High School is AMAZING! Far better than Quince Orchard. This is 20878 North Potomac area though so prices are quite a bit higher.
Both are good schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-20-2011, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Montgomery Village
3,937 posts, read 1,588,090 times
Reputation: 1590
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
I've lived there since the 80's and it has changed by leaps and bounds. Certainly isn't ghetto, but certain developments are downright sketchy, and not what they used to be. Talk to the mail carriers, they'll give you the run down on the areas. Visit the mikey d's & the gas stations, and the surrounding areas after 10 pm at night....
I'm familiar with those areas and they don't give me the ghetto vibe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-21-2011, 07:17 AM
 
146 posts, read 189,911 times
Reputation: 70
Some of the posters are so right Gburg and Germantown is so ghetto and unsafe (Sarcasm).

WTOP.com - Montgomery Co., Frederick rank among nation's most secure places

If you guys really think that the I-270 corridor is rundown and unsafe you have a extremely low tolerance for societies ills. This area has low unemployment, highly educated diverse population, and alot of economic development going on compared to other areas in the country. Go live in florida or alabama and come back to me about how much this area is going down hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top