Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:43 PM

847 posts, read 3,352,726 times

Advertisements

I, vanyali, hereby disavow every nice thing I have ever said about Montgomery County, Maryland.

Yes, the schools have good test scores and very expensive buildings. Yes, you can walk to shopping and restaurants from some neighborhoods. But the people here completely ruin it all.

Think busybody housewives who have never had any real responsibility and have nothing to do other than gossip about and pester the neighbors. Think completely homicidal drivers who take a turn signal from a car changing lanes as a challenge. These people have no perspective, and are actively dangerous. If you value your peace, your privacy, or your property, stay far, far away -- especially from Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Somerset, and that area.

I used to think that the people who ranted about this on the forum were cranks, and then I moved in. Boy, I really should have listened.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:08 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,299,350 times
Sorry to here that.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:26 AM

1,763 posts, read 5,995,941 times
The latest MD cities to come up on CNNMoney's best places list were Columbia/Ellicott City, Rockville, Gaithersburg and Germantown. I remarked at the time that they seemed over-rated, and still stand by that. Not that I'm completely down about them as places to live, but looking at numbers & statistics can only get you so far.

I would propose that CNNMoney add a "craziness" factor into their final numbers, that lowers the final scores, based on the stress induced by population density.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:17 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Default Cluster Fudge

I didn’t realize how bad Maryland had gotten until I moved away. Now I dread the thought of even going back to visit. The traffic is awful not only in Montgomery but also Prince Georges and Howard County.

To those that get relatively high paying job offers in Maryland I offer these words of advice, look before you leap.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:13 AM

847 posts, read 3,352,726 times
I don't know how many of those high-paying job offers people are getting from here nowadays.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:14 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Default Bailed Out of Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanyali View Post
I don't know how many of those high-paying job offers people are getting from here nowadays.
Really! That’s bad news because even if Maryland house prices drop 30% (as most economist think they must) the average person making 2 to 3 times the minimum wage still can’t afford them. Worse still is the fact that lending standards have become so strict buyers must now come up with at least a 10% down payment at closing.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:57 PM

198 posts, read 925,933 times
Based on your many, many posts, you don't seem to like anywhere you've lived. And why all the hate for the stay-at-home moms? Sorry you don't think that running a household is "real" responsibility. Maybe you are the one that needs some perspective?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:03 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanyali View Post
I, vanyali, hereby disavow every nice thing I have ever said about Montgomery County, Maryland.

Yes, the schools have good test scores and very expensive buildings. Yes, you can walk to shopping and restaurants from some neighborhoods. But the people here completely ruin it all.

Think busybody housewives who have never had any real responsibility and have nothing to do other than gossip about and pester the neighbors. Think completely homicidal drivers who take a turn signal from a car changing lanes as a challenge. These people have no perspective, and are actively dangerous. If you value your peace, your privacy, or your property, stay far, far away -- especially from Chevy Chase, Bethesda, Somerset, and that area.

I used to think that the people who ranted about this on the forum were cranks, and then I moved in. Boy, I really should have listened.
Which area do you live in? I've heard a few bad comments from some people around here, but most have been real nice people.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:25 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,207,400 times
That's because the REAL MontCo is in PA

Old 09-24-2008, 01:24 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I didn’t realize how bad Maryland had gotten until I moved away. Now I dread the thought of even going back to visit. The traffic is awful not only in Montgomery but also Prince Georges and Howard County.

To those that get relatively high paying job offers in Maryland I offer these words of advice, look before you leap.

Oh of course- TRAFFIC!!! The dreaded Traffic. And its only in Montgomery County Maryland. The rest of the country is free and clear of traffic.

Good Grief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland