U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-11-2008, 12:14 AM

38 posts, read 159,742 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the DC area w/ my husband's job. Looking for areas to live and had a couple of quick questions:

-Best Hospital for delivering babies
-Best Children's hospital in the area
-Best portrait photographers in the area that specialize in maternity, newborn, children, families, high school seniors, etc. (I am a photographer in ATL and just wanting to check out the top photographers in the DC area to see what the local trends and fees are)
-Best children activies/museums

Thanks so very much for your time and help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 12:31 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,622,491 times
For delivering babies, Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring, MD claims to deliver more babies than any other hospital in MD or DC. My brother's son and my co-worker's twin daughters were born there.

Welcome to Holy Cross Hospital

Old 10-11-2008, 09:24 AM

1,389 posts, read 4,459,822 times
This is how it works It depends on where your doctor delivery babies. My doctors were wonderful. I deliver my baby at Washington Adventist because that is where my doctor delivery. I would recommend Washington Adventist because they save my life and my son's life as well.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:34 PM

38 posts, read 159,742 times
wow! thank goodness you and your son were okay!

i'll look into both of those hospitals.

we have a 20 month old son now, but will probably be expanding our fam in the next year or so. once we move i'll research OB's, but we would be interested in a Midwife and perhaps a hospital where i can have a water birth. but, definitely want to deliver at a really good hospital w/ all the needed care and latest technology.

thanks so much!

Old 10-11-2008, 08:16 PM

1,389 posts, read 4,459,822 times
Good luck with your natural birth I need all the drugs they got.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:00 PM

1,313 posts, read 3,118,442 times
My kids were delivered at Shady Grove Hospital in Rockville--it was where my practice's doctor's went. The first was an Emergency C-section (yay, me) and the 2nd was a planned C-Section. Both went perfectly--no complications. I would also recomment my obgyn's office, Simmonds and Simmonds. Great practice. Shady Grove Hospital in Rockville MD is the only local Pediatric Emergency Center in the area. Children's National Medical Center is also excellent and has satellite offices all over the DC area. My son had surgery at 7 months and they couldn't have been better at the Key West location.
Don't know anything about photography or children's museums. DC Zoo is excellent and free too....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland