Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:27 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane2 View Post
Here's a good source of information about the 3 Counties (Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary's)
Southern Maryland Onlineâ„¢ - Your on-line community for Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary's Counties.â„¢

also http://forums/somd.com (broken link)

I don't know if I agree with the comment about Calvert home prices being cheaper, however. Northern Calvert (Dunkirk area) is noted for its mega-mansions.

It's true that the I-95/495 Wilson Bridge (from Alexandria) traffic moves 100% better since the Bridge was rebuilt in 2008 with many more lanes. However, once you get off the bridge or I-95/495 anywhere in VA you will encounter heavy neighborhood commuter traffic.
yeah if only o wait MTA has 902 and 904 which stops near andrews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 08:41 PM

25 posts, read 81,341 times
Hey this isn't something you asked but I'm a military wife. I used to use Malcolm Groh hospital on Andrews as my primary care.....it's was pure hell getting appointments or prescriptions renewed. If at all possible, get the wife and kids Tri-Cared out of there. I did and I forgot what convenient reliable medical care was like! Honestly they were glad to be rid of patients and they are closing the place down in the future anyway. Best of luck on your tour here. Base housing is lovely on Andrews but the surrounding area is gross. The closer you get to D.C. the worse and more aggressive the driving gets (and I used to live in L.A.) Calvert County is okay and it's closer to Annapolis on the weekends so lots to do. St. Mary's County is duller than dirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland