U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-08-2007, 08:27 AM

46 posts, read 180,930 times

Advertisements

Are White Sands and Chesapeake Ranch Estates as bad as some have posted? Is it really going down hill fast or is this just what a few people say? I know people that are happy usually don't speak up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 09:25 AM

165 posts, read 690,653 times
Unfortunately... it's not the greatest in the world. That is where the usual crime is located in Calvert County which is small stuff usually (bike theft, cars broken into), animals disappearing. Petty things.

The rest of the county is pretty awesome, but you pay for those luxuries in home cost, safe schools, etc... it all comes at a premium.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:18 AM

1 posts, read 4,374 times
I would not recommend White Sands. While I am sure there are some areas that are fine, my experience has been that this area allows things I have never seen in a neighborhood with a home owners association. Yards are unkempt and teengagers ( I hesitate to say gangs) hangout on the blocks cussing and smoking and generally terrorizing the neighbors. I moved here because of ST Leonards School for my kids; I would never have invested this area had I known how poorly controlled it is. Having lived in HOA monitored neighborhoods my whole life, I was used to a certain amount of protection of my investment. Outside of when the police are called to disban the gangster wannabes, I have never seen a patrol here. I can tell you that I have lived in Atlanta Georgia and it had less foottraffic than my street in White Sands.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:56 PM

61 posts, read 275,581 times
yeah white sands isnt the greatest place to live neighborhood gangs and stuff but mostly the reat of calvert county is okay

Old 02-24-2012, 08:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,638 times
I have lived in White Sands for 5 years and have NEVER experienced anything negative. While there are some yards left unkept and it does take time for bushes to be trimmed, my family LOVES living here. There are always children out playing and neighbors look out for one another. I have found White Sands to be nothing short of a wonderful neighborhood to raise my children.

Old Today, 03:34 PM

1 posts
Default This is NOT the White Sands Community Real Estate Agents Tell You About

It is really sad that a community made up of good, hard-working people from all walks of life are constantly bad-mouthed by many of the real estate agents in Calvert County. Maybe it's time for you to stop the bad talk and come see for yourself by talking to many in the community.

Yes, White Sands had problems in the past, but I have lived here for eleven years now and can tell you that the hard-working people of this community have worked to clean up the problems. White Sands is now no different than any other housing development in Calvert County. Look around you, there are problems everywhere in Calvert now. Nope, the drug issues are not all here in White Sands or CRE. They are in Dunkirk, Owings, Sunderland, North Beach, Chesapeake Beach, and everywhere else! There is also crime everywhere in Calvert County. Yes, there have been instances in White Sands, but no more than anywhere else. In my eleven years here, I have never seen or heard of any issues with gangs or hoodlums. Yes, people have to be reminded to clean up their yards, and they do.

For real estate agents and those who don't know diddly squat but what others have repeated to continually bad mouth this community is a travesty. This community has many retired government workers, current government and members of the military, workers from Calvert Cliffs, and other organizations and places throughout the state and county.

The community association has worked hard and continues to work to keep White Sands a good family oriented neighborhood.

For those looking for a nice community, come see for yourselves. Don't listen to the real estate agents who haven't taken the time to study the area before working with their customers. If they did their research, they would know better than to bad-mouth one or two communities over a handful of bad people or problems. Time for them to get over themselves and market all of Calvert County, not just the areas where their pockets will get more money for over-priced housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland