U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-03-2007, 08:51 AM

1,389 posts, read 4,335,747 times
Well I think they got lazy. Shaq was not giving 100%. They won last year majority of the team just wanted one and thats it,Morning he didnot give 100%. Chris Webber is a free agent so is half the team. If detriot split up if I was webber I would jump on the winning wagon. He need to get go to the sun's next season is their seaon.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:18 PM

144 posts, read 449,965 times
Default National Harbor

Maat, Iscalder: Have you seen recent pictures of the National Harbor? If you have not here are some quality shots:Portfolio NetPublish Site (http://pgcweb1.co.pg.md.us/netpub/server.np?find&site=test_works&catalog=catalog&tem plate=view.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=107368 - broken link)
Portfolio NetPublish Site (http://pgcweb1.co.pg.md.us/netpub/server.np?find&site=test_works&catalog=catalog&tem plate=view.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=107339 - broken link)
Portfolio NetPublish Site (http://pgcweb1.co.pg.md.us/netpub/server.np?find&site=test_works&catalog=catalog&tem plate=view.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=107369 - broken link)
Portfolio NetPublish Site (http://pgcweb1.co.pg.md.us/netpub/server.np?find&site=test_works&catalog=catalog&tem plate=view.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=107354 - broken link)

I 'am hoping the tax revenue from this will contribute significantly to funding the school system.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:51 PM

When will the National Harbor open.
Have you guys seen the new construction of new housing communities that are building close to the National Harbor they are beautiful. The cost for a single family now is around 700k. Very nice communities, all the builders are there. Very upscale communities.
If anyone is planning on moving to Fort Washington do it now because if single family homes are selling for 700k close to the harbor imagine in the next 2-3 yrs.

Old 06-09-2007, 07:02 AM

144 posts, read 449,965 times
The first phase will be open this time next year. The one bedroom condominiums going up for sale for $300,000- www.onenationalharbor.com | One Residence at National Harbor| National Harbor Condominiums is a steal and would be an excellent investment particularly if it has water views.

$300,000 real estate in that location will make you some money.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:35 PM

Imagine how much the condo's will sell for once the first phae is complete.
I can hardly wait.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:43 PM

Location: Renting a house in Stockbridge. Wanting to build in north Butts county possibly.
2 posts, read 4,634 times
There are still some nice areas in PG county- you have to be careful though especially if you're raising young kids. I'd recommend getting a realtor who lives and/or grew up in that area and really knows what they're talking about.
I lived and grew up in St. Mary's and love it- but the commute to northwest DC every day was brutal. I'd suggest Charles or even Calvert also if you don't mind the drive.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:34 PM

109 posts, read 440,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMD View Post
Maat, Iscalder: Have you seen recent pictures of the National Harbor? If you have not here are some quality shots:Portfolio NetPublish Site (http://pgcweb1.co.pg.md.us/netpub/server.np?find&site=test_works&catalog=catalog&tem plate=view.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=107368 - broken link)
Portfolio NetPublish Site (http://pgcweb1.co.pg.md.us/netpub/server.np?find&site=test_works&catalog=catalog&tem plate=view.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=107339 - broken link)
Portfolio NetPublish Site (http://pgcweb1.co.pg.md.us/netpub/server.np?find&site=test_works&catalog=catalog&tem plate=view.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=107369 - broken link)
Portfolio NetPublish Site (http://pgcweb1.co.pg.md.us/netpub/server.np?find&site=test_works&catalog=catalog&tem plate=view.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=107354 - broken link)

I 'am hoping the tax revenue from this will contribute significantly to funding the school system.
Thanks for the pics. I come across the Wilson bridge every evening, but don't see anything that looks close to finished.

I went to the Housing Fair today. I like to attend these events just to get the pulse of the community. Great turnout and people seemed to be generally pleased with the workshops. Magic Johnson popped in and spoke for about 15 minutes. He is making some kind of major investment in PGC, but he didn't say what. The annoucement is supposed to be made sometime next week.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:39 AM

7 posts, read 27,596 times
pretty cool.... guess it will be nice...

Old 06-20-2007, 09:49 AM

7 posts, read 27,596 times
that is way to expensive.... Hope the roads and crime get better!

Old 07-17-2007, 01:22 PM

932 posts, read 1,086,420 times
Hello to all, I just want to put my opinion in on this topic.

I am 21 and I attended Largo High School...one of PG counties worst schools. The teachers quit, the principle was recently put in jail...amongst other things, yet I can say that it is up to the child and parents to teach them right from wrong. I am in my last year in at Temple University so I did not make a fool out of myself in school. I love PGCPS because at least they try, but at the same time its up to the child to learn. I think that you should come here and teach, I know that I will be coming back to do the same.
I live in Upper Marlboro with my grandparents who have lived in the same house since my mother was going to high school, my aunts attened Largo also. In many years that we have lived here, we have nor have our neighbors have never ever had anyone break into our house or steal a car and I live on the same street as the PGC jail! I love it where I am from and represent it to the fullest. My neighbors are white and they both have lived in the same house since I can remember. Instead of talking about grocery stores, go to a farm, like miller's farm or cherry hill farm, that is were we get our fresh produce...and a Giant is down the road. My aunt is also product of PGCPS and she owns a $1.2 million home in Upper Marlboro, 5 min. away from us in a gated community where they have not experienced any crime for the 6 years they have been living there. My cousins also go to PGCPS.
I think it is the general area in which you choose to live. Yes, there are bad areas here but it is the same for everywhere. I do not hear people that live in MoCo or Anne Arundal talk about the illegal immigrant problem and the fact that they chop people hands off with machetes. I would be scared out of my mind to go there. The guy that says he goes to UMD doesn't get around much so you can't take his word for it. I see on the news mostly crime happeneing in MoCo, Anne Arundel, Fairfax, Arlington. To name a few, kidnappings, robberies, people killing their entire families, missing bodies popping up, all kinds of things. The only reason we in PGC have such a high crime rate is that people from DC are flowing into PG or people from DC will come to PG commit a crime and then go back to DC.
I am comfortable where I live, my dad is working on the National Harbour site, and if you are coming over the bridge from VA at night, the site is an amazing view. I can hardly wait.
For those who bash PGC, I am sorry for you discontent and I am glad that you all moved to some place you would like to be, but in the future, please do not come back. If your heart is not into where you live then let other people judge for themselves. I certainly am not going to stay in Philadelphia when I graduate because it is a rough place to be, I will bring my well paid behind right back to PGC where my money would at least do some good. If anyone who bashes PGC for their bad crime and schools, you all need to look at other places in the country. For example, New Jersey, the state is small, yet it has really wealthy places and Newark, with one of the highest crime rates in the US. Everywhere is not going to be exactly how you want it to be. There are high notes and there are low notes, just let the man choose for himself. I would appreciate you coming to PGCPS and trying to reach the youth, when so many, as evidence by this board, have given up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland