Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:42 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,433,487 times

Advertisements

I'm glad Southern Maryland hospital has improved. When I lived in U.M., I went there once for my son, and I was just done after that.

My son and his father were in a car accident and were taken to PG as a precaution. They were in ER purgatory and they wouldn't even give my son so much as a diaper (he got some sort of pad). I came, changed and cleaned up my son, and we left. I took my son to the pediatrician the next day. I was not impressed with PG, although I've heard decent things about it.

A family member used Laurel Regional and Doctors. Laurel Regional was fine. Doctors was fine for my son, but they knew they needed to transfer him to Children's (badly broken arm). Doctors has had some care issues recently. The Bowie health center also is fine.

I have more issues with primary care physicians and dentists around here. I had that issue when I lived in Northern VA and MoCo.

When a hospital treats a huge number of uninsured indigents from DC, it can mean a struggle for survival. And everyone, indigent or not, receives the same poor customer service. PG Hospital needs to be reorganized.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:57 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,299,350 times
When my son went to Washington Adventist in Montgomery County at 2wks old we were in the emergency room for 4 hrs before a doctor came to look at my son. I asked for a pamper they did not have one to give me This is a hospital.
When my son went to southern Maryland in August I made sure I bought him enough pull ups but I did not need them. The nurses gave him everything he might need such as pampers/wipes/baby lotion/baby wash. I was very impressed with Southern Maryland hospital in Prince Georges County.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowian View Post
I'm glad Southern Maryland hospital has improved. When I lived in U.M., I went there once for my son, and I was just done after that.

My son and his father were in a car accident and were taken to PG as a precaution. They were in ER purgatory and they wouldn't even give my son so much as a diaper (he got some sort of pad). I came, changed and cleaned up my son, and we left. I took my son to the pediatrician the next day. I was not impressed with PG, although I've heard decent things about it.

A family member used Laurel Regional and Doctors. Laurel Regional was fine. Doctors was fine for my son, but they knew they needed to transfer him to Children's (badly broken arm). Doctors has had some care issues recently. The Bowie health center also is fine.

I have more issues with primary care physicians and dentists around here. I had that issue when I lived in Northern VA and MoCo.

When a hospital treats a huge number of uninsured indigents from DC, it can mean a struggle for survival. And everyone, indigent or not, receives the same poor customer service. PG Hospital needs to be reorganized.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:07 AM

9 posts, read 16,550 times
I also waited many hours at Washington adventist. I got in at 8:30pm was not seen until 4am. I was 12 years old and had a fractured arm. I was in pain but I guess, not enough pain to move up in the waiting line. It happens all the time.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:01 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,299,350 times
This thread is pointless and need to be close.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:04 PM

407 posts, read 1,263,486 times
I will agree 100% about Anne Arundel Medical center. I had cancer almost 5 years ago and both times in their med center, I was treated like gold. Great doctos, great nurses, great staff.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:30 PM

715 posts, read 2,085,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beilart View Post
I will agree 100% about Anne Arundel Medical center. I had cancer almost 5 years ago and both times in their med center, I was treated like gold. Great doctos, great nurses, great staff.
I'm glad you got the care you deserved.

The facility and the doctors there are top notch.

Pat Sajak and his wife donate a huge amount of money there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland