Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:37 AM

5 posts, read 47,960 times

Advertisements

We recently moved to Germantown,MD recently. I have a 21 month old to take care of. Are there any good child care centers that you guys reccomend. I want to send my baby on parttime basis, like 2 or 3 days in a week may be. We have visited Kindercare child care but it will cost almost $1000, if I want to send her 3 days a week. I can't afford that. Please let me know any child care that takes good care in affordable prices. I am open if there are any church related centers.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 09:12 AM

9 posts, read 33,645 times
Did you find what you are looking for? I am thinking of going with an in-home daycare that has security cameras where I can login and see what my daughter is doing at any point of the day. They are full time but only cost about $195/week.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:26 AM

Nope I did not. I sent my daughter to greenridge CDC for a week and then I had to stop sending her because she had scratches under her eyes and on her chest. This happend twice in a week.

The director and the care givers are very irresponsible. They did not even informed us and did not give response when I was asked as to what happend to her.

Ok, do you know some home based day care centers in the area. Can you please share.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:06 PM

9 posts, read 34,573 times
Goddard schools are good, my daughter loved the teachers! Security is tight, costs are average for the area and children learn something during the day too! Good luck in your search!

Old 05-15-2010, 10:31 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,760,841 times
Check out Bright Horizons at the Germantown DOE...but I'm guessing they're pricey with a wait list, but I've heard they are excellent.

A SAHM friend of mine has sent 3 or her 4 kids so far to Epworth Methodist Church's preschool and was very happy with them...I do know it was part time, which is why I couldn't send my kids there.

The Montesorri on East Village Ave in Montgomery Village is supposed to be good, too, but pricey also...but maybe part time wouldn't be so bad.

I sent my kids to a home based daycare in Mont Vill off East Village, loved her very much. If you want her name and number, send me a PM and I'll share her info.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:11 PM

516 posts, read 1,370,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2germantown View Post
Nope I did not. I sent my daughter to greenridge CDC for a week and then I had to stop sending her because she had scratches under her eyes and on her chest. This happend twice in a week.

The director and the care givers are very irresponsible. They did not even informed us and did not give response when I was asked as to what happend to her.

Ok, do you know some home based day care centers in the area. Can you please share.

Oh my gosh, that is so scary. We go to Greenridge currently (church not the cdc).. ugh

Old 05-20-2010, 06:52 AM

Thank you all for the inputs.

I am thinking of visiting Goddard school in Gaithersburg, Childrens' Center in Germantown,MD (Germantown Children's Center (http://www.childsplayinc.com/childrensCentersGroup/LocationsAndTuitions/Germantown.aspx - broken link)), Village Motessori in Germantown,MD, Jefferson Montessori in Gaithersburg.

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Thank you.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:00 PM

5 posts, read 27,789 times
OMG you guys are scaring me, we live in Germantown as well so thats the area we will be looking, Im in the wrong field then if they cost that much for day care. Thinking of starting a family and we are looking around at prices. We've been married 7 years and my mom is ready for a grand child. We are ready too, got all the travel and our time done. Ready to have some babies. But geesh at those prices we cant afford that. Id have to file for BKCY

Old 06-11-2010, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 14,652 times
I would appreciate any recommendations for in-home infant childcare. Our second child is due in December, and I don't see how we're going to be able to afford what the centers around here are charging.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 14,299 times
I have a home based day care. It is called Children's World: Early Learning and Childcare, LLC. I am a former public school teacher of 20 years. I've taught Kindergarten and First grade. Check out my website:[url]www.childrenslearningandchildcare.com[/url]. My center is for children ages 2 -5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland