Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:18 AM

1,099 posts, read 4,618,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
hi everybody, its me again!!! well, i read alotta arguments for and against pg county. but i'm here to ask...... what are some good neighborhoods to live in within the beltway??
a few posts ago , i read that brentwood is pretty nice and so is greenbelt. a little over a month ago, i drove down around bowie for a few hours and made some videos for youtube ( u can find them by goin to youtube and typing in 'explores bowie'). i also drove around oxon hill, forest heights and the top part of fort washington about 2- 3 weeks ago. i'm looking to buy a 3 - 4 bedroom single family house.

your friend,

adio
I don't get it. These are suburban townhouses you can find in any town USA... Is it just so special because black people are living in them?

Old 03-01-2010, 04:07 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,652,281 times
Thumbs down Boredatwork

Bladensburg is a typical city within the Beltway this is how it compares to the city of Baltimore in 06

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed..............

Last edited by Yac; 03-30-2010 at 07:22 AM..

Old 03-01-2010, 07:39 PM

258 posts, read 534,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwxman View Post
I don't get it. These are suburban townhouses you can find in any town USA... Is it just so special because black people are living in them?
yes, do u know why?? when certain types of media and especially rap promotes and glorifies living hood life, constantly sending overt messages that 'this is the fire you're gon walk through to make it. i got ice, cars, cribs and fame and b-t-c-es and x dollars so i made it but i'm still hood!!! hood for eva!!' ppl listen to it and see it and think hood life = sky is the limit. so when i read about wealthy african americans living in nice, majority black neighborhoods who mow the lawn, keep the sidewalks and streets clean on their own and don't stand on the corners and walk up and down the street everyday/all day......... that means something to me.

there are way more poor black neighborhoods and/or cities where it appears that black ppl choose to stay being an underclass than there are black neighborhoods/cities where blacks completely choose to bust through barriers of racism, whether real or just perceived, and obstacles of self-hatered and intra-racial oppression to climb high heights of social, economic, political and educational acheivement. so yes dan, it is special to me.

but i didn't come here to justify myself regarding elite black neighborhoods. i don't want this to be a racial thread that gets shut down/closed either. i just want some more answers to my questions............

Old 03-01-2010, 07:40 PM

258 posts, read 534,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Bladensburg is a typical city within the Beltway this is how it compares to the city of Baltimore in 06

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed..............
lotta comedians here

Last edited by Yac; 03-30-2010 at 07:21 AM..

Old 03-02-2010, 10:54 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,652,281 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
lotta comedians here

Some of the cities within the beltway are almost as bad as Baltimore not physically but experientially

Old 03-02-2010, 07:21 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,659,348 times
The thread is closed. Discussions on PG County have, once again, degenerated into name-calling and personal attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland