Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 24,730 times

Advertisements

I've heard that white oak and beltsville are pretty tough so i was wondering is there a place where people are nicer?

I live in Silver Spring, MD myself......

Last edited by BigDaddy34619; 04-09-2010 at 03:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 03:00 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Helps to know where you are. My kids took their's in Annapolis.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:09 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Took mine in Gaithersburg, it was easy as hell. I mean, I had to wait like two weeks between scheduling it and taking it, but the test was easy.

I hear they've implemented a new test though, that I think involves actually going on the road.

edit: I don't think you're gonna find any friendly testers. SOME MVA employees are friendly but I doubt any testers are. They have to sit in cars all day, grading people's driving. Probably half the time the car is constantly stopping and going because the driver is some teen who doesn't even shave yet.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:55 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Go to Hagerstown for the test.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 21,284 times
Has anyone every taken their drivers test in Cumberland, Md? I need to know some pointers on the test up there because I don't live in that area. It was the only place with any open slots for the next 3 months. SO PLEASE HELP

Old 07-06-2012, 08:24 AM

6,999 posts, read 11,296,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcole25 View Post
Has anyone every taken their drivers test in Cumberland, Md? I need to know some pointers on the test up there because I don't live in that area. It was the only place with any open slots for the next 3 months. SO PLEASE HELP
Yup, more than 10 years ago.

It is a driving test. I think it is standard throughout the state. Stop at the stop signs, use your signals, keep both hands on the wheel at all times. The requirements for the test should all be covered in the book you used for Driver's Ed.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:14 PM

544 posts, read 1,047,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I hear they've implemented a new test though, that I think involves actually going on the road.
I didn't get my drivers license in MD, so I don't know if you're joking or not.

Please tell me you're joking, and that driving on actual roads has always been part of the test.

Please.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:17 PM

460 posts, read 1,017,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiflame View Post

Please tell me you're joking, and that driving on actual roads has always been part of the test.

Please.

hahahahha... wouldn't it make sense!?

That is why there are such horrendous drivers around the DC area... they legitimately do not drive on roads for the driving test. Your drive in a parking lot.. alone. Drive in a straight line forward, in a straight line backwards, stop at a fake stop sign, and parallel park.

Isn't that scary?

Old 07-06-2012, 04:18 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:

Please.
My 16 year old daughter's test was partly on a course, and partly on the road. I was tested in 2006. My test was all on a closed course and lasted 5 minutes. Of course, I was an experienced driver for 23 years prior to my test. (I had to prove I could keep driving with hand controls due to disability).

Old 07-06-2012, 04:24 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:

Please.
It was on a closed course. From what I heard, more people fail for little "gotcha" things (such as starting the engine before everybody is buckled in, and missing a stop sign that's about 100 feet ahead of the start line) than for the real parts of the test like parallel parking and the 3-point turn.

My test was in 2009 and all on a closed course. This was at the Gaithersburg MVA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland