Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 11:02 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,604,962 times

Advertisements

COLLEGE PARK, Md. - One Prince George's County police officer has been suspended and several others could be fired after a video surfaced showing a group of officers beating a University of Maryland student during a celebration when Maryland defeated Duke at the Comcast Center.

Officer Suspended, Others Could Be Fired in Brutality Case|NewsChannel 8

There's good cops, and then there's cops that are cretins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 03:45 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,173,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
... There's good cops, and then there's cops that are cretins.
And then there are Prince Georges County Cops. This is old news, been going on for decades. Only thing new is cell phone technology which can capture quick video evidence. The guy was lucky he wasn't killed by out-of-control criminals in uniform who frequently claim "He was resisting arrest" as justification for their actions.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:11 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,790,465 times
PGC cops are a gang. People should know not to talk shyt to them. Our cops have been busting skulls for years and years.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:15 PM

110 posts, read 133,506 times
and do NOT ...don't you DARE blame the entire county for some officer's wrong doing.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:47 PM

67 posts, read 205,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea44 View Post
and do NOT ...don't you DARE blame the entire county for some officer's wrong doing.
Why?

Is PG county somehow not responsible for the conduct of people in its employ....the people who it selects, trains, pays, and endows with authority?

I don't blame the cops. The actions of a few of them are merely a symptom of a larger problem within PG county, specifically the government, or lack thereof.

I used to live there, and made the conscious (and expensive) decision to move away from there.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:30 PM

10,600 posts, read 12,064,847 times
PG County cops - maybe not all - but too many - are thugs and hooligans. I have to say that is one thing I hate about living here, having a police force that's the bottom of the barrel. Our residents deserve better.

Not only are they a violent mob -- they're STUPID. How many times do they have to get caught on camera, to STOP this abuse.

If for no other reason you'd THINK their superiors would remind them CAMERAS are everywhere these days. More than likely they WILL get caught. They're too DUMB, NOT to stop. They're completely unprofessional. It's their JOB to keep their cool. When they don't they're no better than criminals, and BECOME criminals

Now if only we could get them to STOP COVERING UP FOR EACH OTHER.

I hate to say I HATE the police. But I sure don't feel much sympathy for them when THEY are victims. Their very behavior FOSTERS ill feelings in the community they serve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland