Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 01:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,661 times

Advertisements

There are 2-br vaulted ceiling apartments w/wood floors which are nice in PG county for $800/mo. Right on the BW parkway near 495. I actually left to run a website and came to Florida, but I can give you the number of a place thats nice inside and priced in this range if you need it, you just wont find them in the apartment guides very often. 561-222-5310 Hope your search goes well!

Last edited by robtmathias; 06-26-2010 at 01:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 10:47 AM

24 posts, read 65,004 times
I would beware of apartments running under $1300/month in Prince Georges County. Most apartments that are around $800/month are in some sketchy areas of PGC. I would live in Bowie, Mitchellville, Crofton or Annapolis if you looking for a close commute. Also check out Silver Spring, College Park, and Laurel also.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:13 AM

29 posts, read 62,826 times
I would also encourage OP to take a look at Laurel and Silver Spring, as long as she/he realizes that for that budget, they will ONLY be able to find an apt/condo.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,432 times
Arlington is very nice. The crystal city area is great. If you looking for apartments Crystal Plaza or Crystal Towers is very nice...gym, cookout area, and walking distance to everything, grocery stores will deliver, and the train run directly under the building of Crystal Plaza....I loved it there. there is a mall under the building. Crystal Towers has the same although you will have to cross the street to get to the metro through the beautiful marriott. Its restaurants open 24 hours malls close by and theaters. Bowie isnt that far by metro. Bowie is a very nice area, so is upper marlboro... Alexandria is also great. In the buildings there are military families, upperclass professionals and retirees. Good Luck! Are you looking condos, townhouses, homes, apartments. I could help much as I can . The schools are great in Arlington short distances, are libraries and the mall walk within 15 minutes...you will love it...its always something going on in the summer for free...check out Crystal City , Arlington

Old 08-01-2011, 06:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,432 times
Arlington and Most of VA is very diverse. I would recommend it because MD does have a slight taste of culture shock. I am black and date outside of my race and I havent seen not one couple that wasn't of other ethnicity. Mostly all black in MD. Not trying to be mean but MD is very damn dirty in some areas. Bowie is expensive but, keep the area up so does upper marlboro, Annapolis...but, some of the areas you cant drive in without seeing filthy parking lots, dirty stores and catching the bus...paper blown about if you use to cleanliness.... you would be frustrated. some part of pg has very high crime... VERY!

Old 08-01-2011, 06:36 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emariebry View Post
Arlington and Most of VA is very diverse. I would recommend it because MD does have a slight taste of culture shock. I am black and date outside of my race and I havent seen not one couple that wasn't of other ethnicity. Mostly all black in MD. Not trying to be mean but MD is very damn dirty in some areas. Bowie is expensive but, keep the area up so does upper marlboro, Annapolis...but, some of the areas you cant drive in without seeing filthy parking lots, dirty stores and catching the bus...paper blown about if you use to cleanliness.... you would be frustrated. some part of pg has very high crime... VERY!
It doesn't seem like you know much about MD. There are so many things wrong with your post that I would advise others to just skip it.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:08 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
It doesn't seem like you know much about MD. There are so many things wrong with your post that I would advise others to just skip it.
I concur. Maybe they were trying to say PG instead of MD, when talking about being mostly black. I'm not even sure why them dating outside their race had anything to do with the topic?

Old 08-03-2011, 05:31 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,567,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emariebry View Post

Just.....wow.

Actually, Adelphi, MD (PG County) according to USA Today Diversity Index is the most diverse in the state (Index rank: 81.8). You have a 75% chance of meeting two people from different races in Adelphi. A far cry from "mostly all black." Arlington's diversity index ranks in at a pitiful 55.4. Alexandria only reaches a rank of 64.4. Perhaps you should actually tour the entire county/state before you make unfounded statements based on ignorance. People looking to move to the area need facts, not misguided information.

Diversity Index

Last edited by adelphi_sky; 08-03-2011 at 05:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland