Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 PM

673 posts, read 1,187,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Quick question, don't people in Philly say "Hon" sometimes?

YUP. philly started off blue collar just like bmore. SOUTH PHILLY KNOWN FOR IT.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 PM

41 posts, read 53,730 times
Quote:
Quick question, don't people in Philly say "Hon" sometimes?
Ive been called hon in Philly and NYC by older women.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolboy Mike View Post
I know it is.

The part of MoCo I live in isn't wealthy though.
It's middle class overall with a good mix of whites, blacks, a lot of Latinos, and Africans.
It's nothing like Bethesda, Chevy Chase, or Potomac. Those are the areas that hold most of the wealth in the county.
Yea mogo has its parts but overall its so wealthy. Great schools too. Same with Howard but the section 8 from bmore is starting to get pushed out there as they tear down more and more. ITs gonna be the new PG soon.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolboy mike View Post
boy stop the rainbow down lexington market be packed!!!
LMAOOO stoppp

Old 01-19-2014, 02:33 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,213,564 times
Quote:
I'm not gonna even entertain this I'm from DC born and raised and know the city like the back of my hand. I also have spent a lot of time in Baltimore. They sat "moe" in the Bronx, NY. They "y'all" everywhere especially black people. Philly does NOT say dug that's a Baltimore thing and it's country.
GoGo has African and Carribean aspects mixed with funk and soul, not southern. You have some nerve trying to come for SE when most of Baltimore is ratchet as hell, Ratchetmore lol.
All the people out of Park Heights, Waverly, Westport, and all those other ghetto ass hoods look trifling and ratchet, you sound ignorant! No one in DC says sheeeed but Clay Davis from the Wire does.

Man let me get to a computer because you talking crazy...... BAMAMORE.
And R&B and early Hip Hop as well.

Some of the biggest selling songs of the last couple of decades were also influenced by GoGo and even had some distinct elements in them too. Here are a few examples:

1 Thing-Amerie
Crazy In Love-Beyoncé
Pretty Girls-Wale
Hot In Herre-Nelly
Let Me Clear My Throat-DJ Kool

As a matter of fact, there were also two GoGo joints that cracked the Billboard, "Miracles" and "Welcome To DC", both of which were produced by Mambo Sauce and they were on constant rotation on some of the music TV channels as well like VH1 Soul, MTVJams, BET, MTV2, etc., etc.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Tyson's Corner, Westfield Wheaton, Westfield Montgomery, PG plaza, Pentagon city, Potomac Mills, Fair Oaks mall, Lakeforest mall, and Mazza Gallerie/Chevy Chase pavilion destroy anything in Greater Baltimore stop being ignorant. The DC area has way better shopping both quality and quantity.
I see you've already beat me to it lol.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Anyways I went to this barber shop in Bmore on Thursday on Eastern ave by Patterson park and Baltimore has great barbers! Those Dominicans know how to fade very well. Like I said I'm in Baltimore a lot and I like the city a lot but people need to remember two things.

A. If DC is considered southern Baltimore is too being below the Mason-Dixon Line and it's history.

B. DC is an up and coming world class city in an entirely different league comparable to Boston, Seattle, SF, Philly, and maybe ATL even though I consider DC to be above ATL. Baltimore's peers are Pittsburgh, Detroit, Newark, Cleveland, etc
I think Baltimore and Cincinnati are seeing each other yet I think Bmore might be acting like a roller ("Sleep around on the regular" as some of us say here in the DMV) towards St. Louis lol

Old 01-19-2014, 02:43 PM

41 posts, read 53,730 times
Quote:
And R&B and early Hip Hop as well.

Some of the biggest selling songs of the last couple of decades were also influenced by GoGo and even had some distinct elements in them too. Here are a few examples:

1 Thing-Amerie
Crazy In Love-Beyoncé
Pretty Girls-Wale
Hot In Herre-Nelly
Let Me Clear My Throat-DJ Kool

As a matter of fact, there were also two GoGo joints that cracked the Billboard, "Miracles" and "Welcome To DC", both of which were produced by Mambo Sauce and they were on constant rotation on some of the music TV channels as well like VH1 Soul, MTVJams, BET, MTV2, etc., etc.
Don't forget about "Doing the butt" by E.U., Spike Lee made it real hot. Also Jill Scott's "Its love" joint with Rare Essence. GoGo isn't southern or country.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoreboy25 View Post
Mogo CO Is the wealthiest county in the state.
Did that on purpose didn't you?

Old 01-19-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Ive been called hon in Philly and NYC by older women.
Oh wow, New Yorkers too? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC