U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 PM

656 posts, read 166,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
Yeah, "cute". The same "cute" that your friend uses to describe her friend she's trying to set you up with.

"Is she hot?"

"Well, she's cute...." (with a downward inflection)

The white girls here are blech. This area REALLY needs more Persian and westernized Desi girls. Oh yes, oh yes. Black women are kind of invisible to me unless they're half-white. The hispanics are also a complete trainwreck compared to LA/Miami. They're like a four foot tall hobbit race that's always overweight and/or pregnant.
The average woman here spends the entire date talking nonstop about Public Policy, how radically evil the Republicans are, Row V. Wade and other buzzkill subjects. That's why I seek out different more down to earth people in the community.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:29 PM

3,548 posts, read 4,901,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoxing View Post
Dumpy midwesterners? Yeesh. I for one am glad "modern academia" is brainwashing women into being intelligent & self sufficient. I find a woman with ambition and wits sexy and dumb bimbos completely unappealing. By the way intelligent women can be feminine, attractive, and charming too.
Indeed--I married one.

But seriously, the dumping on white women in DC going on here is absurd. I can only imagine that either my standards of attractiveness must be different from others here, or I'm spending time in palces others aren't, because when I walk around the streets of DC I see a ton of attractive white women.

And what's with equating "midwestern" with "unattractive"? That nonsense doesn't even warrant a serious response.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:31 PM

326 posts, read 460,275 times
The white chics here are cute? Ehh....

I guess you could say that if you're into the flip flop acedemic type. White girls here typical don't tan, wear no makeup, no fashion etc. Basically they put little effort into their dress or appearance.

If you want to see cute white girls you really need to get out of town. Try Arlington or Bethesda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I don't think nightlife in DC can be helped. City's got busted looking intellectual women from all over the country. Any 5 in LA gets treated like she's Cindy Crawford here.
Yup. Living in an area with such a bad ratio of attractive girls to guys leads to an "interesting" dating environment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I also can't explain why the Latin women here don't look as good as in Miami; my best guess would be Central Americans (who are the biggest Latin group in DC by far) aren't as good looking as Cuban/Puerto Rican women.
Sadly true

Last edited by Gilgamesh8; 09-19-2011 at 12:45 PM..

Old 09-19-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
If you want to see cute white girls you really need to get out of town. Try Arlington or Bethesda.
Oh good grief. 3/4 of the white women you see strolling around DC *are* from Arlington and Bethesda. (And never mind that Arlington and Bethesda are barely "out of town".)

Old 09-19-2011, 01:04 PM

159 posts, read 119,592 times
I don't know how this turned into a thread about how "hot" the women are, and assigning women numbers based on a subjective "system" but ok.

I guess good nightlife=gorgeous, moderately smart women who can hold a conversation, but won't try to make you feel stupid in doing so.

I just hope the judging parties on this board are bringing something to the table (not just a good job) to get these 7's - 9's

Old 09-19-2011, 01:10 PM

326 posts, read 460,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
Oh good grief. 3/4 of the white women you see strolling around DC *are* from Arlington and Bethesda. (And never mind that Arlington and Bethesda are barely "out of town".)
There's alot of women in the burbs who rarely step foot in DC.

I'm not saying Bethesda and Arlington are great. The whole "DMV" is Hot woman ARID. I'm just saying it's not as BAD as DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiseygirl732 View Post

I guess good nightlife=gorgeous, moderately smart women who can hold a conversation, but won't try to make you feel stupid in doing so.

I just hope the judging parties on this board are bringing something to the table (not just a good job) to get these 7's - 9's
The problem with DC is that the women here don't like going out. Those flip flop academics I was talking about only go out for bday parties or girls night out.

No young man wants to go out to bar with barely any chics inside.

Last edited by Gilgamesh8; 09-19-2011 at 01:20 PM..

Old 09-19-2011, 01:26 PM

1,558 posts, read 1,589,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiseygirl732 View Post
I don't know how this turned into a thread about how "hot" the women are, and assigning women numbers based on a subjective "system" but ok.

I guess instead of numbers, I should have just used words. My bad, but my point still stands, I get bored with the convo very easily, not because I can't talk about it or keep up, but because I really don't want to talk about it. We're talking politics here, public policy, etc.

Dated a chick for 2 months earlier this year, tried to make it work, didn't watch TV, didn't watch sports, didn't like going to bars, was a vegetarian, etc. She was surprised when I told her politics was something I don't generally discuss with people (as well as money and religion). And she's like "you're never going to talk about politics?" and I said no. Didn't give her an ultimatum but I basically said you may want to look for someone who shares the same interests, because it was obvious we didn't have anything in common. Point is, not every guy is in DC or in the area is looking for a woman who works for their local congressman on the hill. There's quite a few of us who are just looking for a normal, hardworking girl who likes to have a little bit of fun every now and then. Going to a bar on Tuesday to play Trivia isn't exactly my idea of fun, but to each their own.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:39 PM

159 posts, read 119,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
I guess instead of numbers, I should have just used words. My bad, but my point still stands, I get bored with the convo very easily, not because I can't talk about it or keep up, but because I really don't want to talk about it. We're talking politics here, public policy, etc.

Dated a chick for 2 months earlier this year, tried to make it work, didn't watch TV, didn't watch sports, didn't like going to bars, was a vegetarian, etc. She was surprised when I told her politics was something I don't generally discuss with people (as well as money and religion). And she's like "you're never going to talk about politics?" and I said no. Didn't give her an ultimatum but I basically said you may want to look for someone who shares the same interests, because it was obvious we didn't have anything in common. Point is, not every guy is in DC or in the area is looking for a woman who works for their local congressman on the hill. There's quite a few of us who are just looking for a normal, hardworking girl who likes to have a little bit of fun every now and then. Going to a bar on Tuesday to play Trivia isn't exactly my idea of fun, but to each their own.
Oh, I get where you're coming from completely. One of my first jobs in the area, it seemed like everyone ether interned on "The Hill," knew someone who interned on "The hill," subscribed to blogs about "The Hill" I had to ask someone what a Wonkette was. Politics aren't my thing, but I like to be aware of what's going in the world....but I don't like politics and don't idolize people in that world. It's simply not my thing. I didn't come down here to get a government job (thought it would be nice). I just wanted a decent quality of life and a job related to my major, which isn't foreign policy or political science. So yea, I get what you're saying. A lot of people are so outspoken about politics here I guess it's just the culture. One of the things I don't like about this area, but it is what it is.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
There's alot of women in the burbs who rarely step foot in DC.
Quote:
White girls here typical don't tan, wear no makeup, no fashion etc. Basically they put little effort into their dress or appearance
Quote:
The problem with DC is that the women here don't like going out. Those flip flop academics I was talking about only go out for bday parties or girls night out.
Quote:
Living in an area with such a bad ratio of attractive girls to guys leads to an "interesting" dating environment
...I am beginning to get the sense that the problem might not be on the female side of the equation.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:45 PM

465 posts, read 449,226 times
Quote:
False. Female beauty is literally a mathematical equation determined by genes/evolution. Citation here: http://www.cs.unc.edu/~lazebnik/rese...ec08_faces.pdf

Quote:
I'm not saying Bethesda and Arlington are great. The whole "DMV" is Hot woman ARID. I'm just saying it's not as BAD as DC.
Every quality guy I know with a girlfriend went out to the VA or MD burbs for their girl. The girls there are prettier, sweeter, and are certainly not "flip flop academics". I've had out of town guests come visit me and say "Ahh, DC, where 6's think they are 9's, right?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC