U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-09-2013, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Prince George's County, Maryland
6,212 posts, read 7,039,134 times
Reputation: 2581

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
Read the words above carefully fellas. This the how the vast majority of DC women think about nightlife.


Single men in this city should do the smart thing and utilize the 3 major airports we have here(EVERY WEEKEND). NYC is a bus/train ride away. You can head to Miami on the cheap.

Go to cities where women are looking to meet men.
No offense but are you really sure you read her words "carefully"? Because she stated that she would much rather try to meet up with guys through friends, day-to-day activities, shopping, etc. Even by way of online dating on some occasions. I don't remember her saying anything about hopping on the next flight to Queens, New York or to Miami International in order to find better fortunes! LOL Just sayin'.

But I'll say this, them New Yorker girls (natives & transplants! Been to both Manhattan and Brooklyn), are DA BOMB DOT COM!!!!! Can't wait to visit the NYC again!

I only been to Miami once, and that was on North Beach back in the Summer of '06. It was at night as well and I was still 13 years old at the time lol So, I can't can't comment on the SoBe girls or the rest of the MIA women. But, that could change very soon!

 
Old 03-09-2013, 07:24 PM
 
18 posts, read 21,467 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
Lots of people who used to go out did so to hook up with someone. Now they hook up online.
Thats a good point, i am very surprised of the number of people who hook up online. I am not knocking it down but i just do see myself doing it.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Columbia, MD
1,409 posts, read 1,877,496 times
Reputation: 2054
This has been a semi-interesting thread to say the least! A couple points of interest (coming from a 28 yo white male) I would like to comment on. First, I believe that many guys are going to the wrong type of bars/clubs on the wrong nights to meet women. Also, many guys are just too timid or shy to initiate conversation many times and are using the whole D.C. is a sausage-fest excuse to validate their lack of success and reasoning. I personally think that most men would do better meeting the opposite sex on off nights when the bars are not so crowded and it is easier to meet other women as the environment tends to be more inviting and welcoming. I personally hate clubs and crowded bars on Friday and Saturday night since I hate to deal with crowds, overpriced drinks, and just your average run of the mill rude people.

Anyway, even though D.C. is not considered on the level of an L.A. or Miami (South Beach), I admit there is a decent number
of the cute girl next door types that I'm sure most of us wouldn't mind beeing seen with.

As a side note, why do you think that cities like Miami, L.A., San Diego, Phoenix, etc. (essentially the Sunbelt cities) have the most attractive women. Do you think it has something to do with the healthier lifestyle or maybe ethnicity?
 
Old 03-10-2013, 03:16 PM
 
708 posts, read 1,028,326 times
Reputation: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post

Anyway, even though D.C. is not considered on the level of an L.A. or Miami (South Beach), I admit there is a decent number
of the cute girl next door types that I'm sure most of us wouldn't mind beeing seen with.

As a side note, why do you think that cities like Miami, L.A., San Diego, Phoenix, etc. (essentially the Sunbelt cities) have the most attractive women. Do you think it has something to do with the healthier lifestyle or maybe ethnicity?
There is something wrong with DC, because if you go to say Baltimore or Philly up the road you are almost guranteed to see cuter girls and have a better night.

I think it all has to do with educational level and personal drive of an area.

In Miami or Vegas the economies are not nearly as strong so people are pairing up for drinks dinners/etc. Here people can take care of themselves financially so the desire to chase the opposite sex is not there so you have rudeness, relaxed weight, and less fashion. IMO....

Also, we ALL have met the lobbyist and government contractor at a bar, and its BORING.........very little variation in career or personal likes in DC. Everyone is from midwest, came here for school, hates DC planning to leave in X years and works for some government agency or firm or NPO.

You dont have this issue in many other cities.

Last edited by vicnice; 03-10-2013 at 03:29 PM..
 
Old 03-10-2013, 06:30 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, MD
3,241 posts, read 3,149,622 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post

As a side note, why do you think that cities like Miami, L.A., San Diego, Phoenix, etc. (essentially the Sunbelt cities) have the most attractive women. Do you think it has something to do with the healthier lifestyle or maybe ethnicity?
No nothing to do with any of that. DC is probably a healthier overall town if not the healthiest in America since healthy living/foods are very popular and so many people use public transport. It's just DC attracts fairly ugly well educated people. They always say DC/politics is Hollywood for ugly people and it couldn't be more true.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 08:28 PM
 
465 posts, read 792,095 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
No nothing to do with any of that. DC is probably a healthier overall town if not the healthiest in America since healthy living/foods are very popular and so many people use public transport. It's just DC attracts fairly ugly well educated people. They always say DC/politics is Hollywood for ugly people and it couldn't be more true.
Totally agreed. The men here are nothing special either, but that benefit is offset by the fact most places you'll be lucky to find 40% women.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 PM
 
11,145 posts, read 13,536,839 times
Reputation: 4209
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
This has been a semi-interesting thread to say the least! A couple points of interest (coming from a 28 yo white male) I would like to comment on. First, I believe that many guys are going to the wrong type of bars/clubs on the wrong nights to meet women. Also, many guys are just too timid or shy to initiate conversation many times and are using the whole D.C. is a sausage-fest excuse to validate their lack of success and reasoning. I personally think that most men would do better meeting the opposite sex on off nights when the bars are not so crowded and it is easier to meet other women as the environment tends to be more inviting and welcoming. I personally hate clubs and crowded bars on Friday and Saturday night since I hate to deal with crowds, overpriced drinks, and just your average run of the mill rude people.

Anyway, even though D.C. is not considered on the level of an L.A. or Miami (South Beach), I admit there is a decent number
of the cute girl next door types that I'm sure most of us wouldn't mind beeing seen with.

As a side note, why do you think that cities like Miami, L.A., San Diego, Phoenix, etc. (essentially the Sunbelt cities) have the most attractive women. Do you think it has something to do with the healthier lifestyle or maybe ethnicity?
A lot of those cities (though I've never heard anyone say Phoenix is overrun with attractive people) are cities where livelihoods depend more on looks. You don't have to be educated to make it in L.A., Miami, Phoenix, or Vegas. Women are attractive here, they're just not boob job / extremely low-cut / tons of make-up attractive, which I think is what guys who scour the club scene here are looking for but only finding other guys like themselves or groups of women out for a night out but not really part of that scene.

Those people will always be disappointed in DC.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 09:07 PM
 
465 posts, read 792,095 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Women are attractive here, they're just not boob job / extremely low-cut / tons of make-up attractive, which I think is what guys who scour the club scene here are looking for but only finding other guys like themselves or groups of women out for a night out but not really part of that scene.
What a ridiculous straw man. It's not just about their style (although it partially is, because not only do girls here not dress sexy, there's also very little of an alternative/hipster/punk whatever scene, which is also fun), it's about their attractiveness.

The only type of person who could think DC, on average, has quite attractive women would be someone who came from a town in the south or flyover country. Have you looked around on the metro lately? Women here only bring their A game on Halloween and NYE.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 09:14 PM
 
11,145 posts, read 13,536,839 times
Reputation: 4209
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
What a ridiculous straw man. It's not just about their style (although it partially is, because not only do girls here not dress sexy, there's also very little of an alternative/hipster/punk whatever scene, which is also fun), it's about their attractiveness.

The only type of person who could think DC, on average, has quite attractive women would be someone who came from a town in the south or flyover country. Have you looked around on the metro lately? Women here only bring their A game on Halloween and NYE.
I see naturally attractive women all over this place but you revealed precisely why you don't: your definition of attractive is "A game on Halloween and NYE".

You want to see that highly-sexualized look walking around everyday, like you might in Miami or parts of L.A. To me, that's contrived because they won't look like that in the morning or every day you end up spending with one of them.

Also - this is a conforming government town. Of course you're not going to find tons of alternative / punk chicks, though I agree they would make things more interesting.

Different strokes for different folks but stop accusing people of being ignorant just because we have different tastes.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 09:35 PM
 
465 posts, read 792,095 times
Reputation: 284
Okay, let's take away style of dress.

Look at their faces. DC is lacking in the facial symmetry department, too. Bad hair and zero makeup also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top