U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 03:56 AM

3 posts, read 15,848 times

Advertisements

The situation in barry farm has been going on for hundreds of years. The colonizing of Africa and America are not two separate events, they happened around the same time by the same people with the same intentions. gentrification is micro colonialism and I am the first person to use that term.

The reason why this continues to happen is because people who are in the position to make a difference are selfish and greedy, don't want to lose their job, or scared of the power structure taking something away from them.

People realized that you cannot physically enslave a person when Frederick Douglas kep trying to escape and they sent them down to a slave holder in I believe it was Lousiana, who beat his ass every day to break him down. One day he got tired of the abuse and kicked that dudes ass and he never beat him again. He then escaped successfully and ended up buying a home in union town (Anacostia) where they had land covenants for all white communities.

I live right here in Barry Farm and this is modern day colonialism and psychological slavery. You cant physically enslave anyone they will eventually try to kill your ass. But if you control the mind you can control the body. That is why hip hop went from public enemy and Tupac to lil wayne and drake and waca flaka and ridiculous **** like that. good beats poisonous message.

Anyway I dont blog much cuz Im busy as noah building the ark, Im just realizing all these people wished me happy bday on Facebook on June 27 and its July 26. but long story short im a board member of a government agency and I know how the game goes. Politicians only do what you make em, and the squeakiest wheel gets the oil. If the people in the farms do what they need to do as a community its over. if the people dont go to the school board about the schools all the black teachers get fired and then white ones get hired and every body does nothing then Martin Luther King ave will mess around and be George Washington Ave. in a few years.

The problem wit a psychological slave is they think they will fire all them black school teachers but wont fire all them black people that got all them big ass houses in VA and PG who dont own their own companies but work for white america. I don't have a job and i grow my own food and own property so I play by my own rules. And by the way if you have a government job you cant protest the government, the one that instituted racism, police terrorism, sexism, and also admitted on camera they started the crack epidemic and then made that laws to lock up black youth or give them guns to kills each other. but this is you you depend on to feed you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 05:40 AM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,209,478 times
smdh... So, working a job means that someone is a sell-out? I hear what you are saying, I just totally disagree. If you are living in public housing, you are not playing by your own rules also. You live at the leisure of the government.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:45 AM

9,397 posts, read 13,232,718 times
great now city-data is attracting the conspiracy theorists

Old 07-26-2010, 10:02 AM

81 posts, read 152,642 times
Default Awesome way to promote your own documentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TendaniMFilm View Post
The problem wit a psychological slave is they think they will fire all them black school teachers but wont fire all them black people that got all them big ass houses in VA and PG who dont own their own companies but work for white america.
You lost me here...I don't know how this is related to Barry Farms. Psychological slaves get jobs and move out of the community, I guess.

What about the psychological slave who buys chicken boxes and liquor and throw them right on their own door steps after finishing them? You sound pretty bitter in this post how long can you stomach observing people live like that? Eventually you'll move out too...

Old 07-26-2010, 06:23 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,247,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
great now city-data is attracting the conspiracy theorists
Yeah, and people here have the nerve to call me racist. Oy vey...
I'll try my best to stay outta this one...

Old 07-26-2010, 07:16 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,685,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TendaniMFilm View Post

I have to wonder how the film got leaked like the Carter album. I do not recall giving any one the permission to post it and I only gave one DVD to one person so it must have been him or them but either way no hard feelings.

Maybe it's the same group who leaked the information about Afghanistan to the NYT this morning:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/erica-..._b_660043.html

Last edited by stars99; 07-26-2010 at 07:36 PM..

Old 07-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,289,698 times
Back on topic people, please.
Yac.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:38 PM

3 posts, read 15,848 times
Hey fam, for every one's info i bought a condo one street over from Barry Farm, and I do not live in the projects.

If you cant link gentrification with colonization you may want to take your studies at least to 1492 or earlier and come back to present day.

Whatever I said off topic but was for a reason, no conspiracy theories all backed up by data and real life experience from myself and others.

One doesn't need to be bitter to acknowledge unpleasant realities, when we can discuss and debate based on what things are and not how we feel about them, we will make progress. Also, what is relevant or what makes sense to people is what they have been informed about, exposed to or have experienced. So when presented with information that you are not familiar with, it is wise to conduct research before coming to a conclusion.

I hope you all continue to study and research your past, and suggest you begin earlier than the transatlantic slave trade. American school books begin "black" history at the most disgraceful point possible, on purpose - that is not a conspiracy theory family, it is a fact.

Whatever else may head went over your head its all good, do your homework, each 1 teach 1, its is not important that we agree, only that we can see.

Peace and light

Old 12-08-2010, 10:08 AM

81 posts, read 152,642 times
I saw the vid...I think it was well done. I hope you put the finishing touches on it, publish it, and market it well. I think spreading this information is vital in these times.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:51 PM

2,380 posts, read 2,841,791 times
I can't wait for Barry Farms to be torn down and made into someplace useful and productive. The same goes for the projects around Ainger place, embarrassingly right across from the Smithsonian's African-American History museum, which most people in Anacostia don't even go to or make much use of. Sorry to say, but to be honest, I'll be glad when all of the projects are gone and I will never look back and think "oh I sure will miss that pigsty that makes our community look more like a landfill than a place for low-income families to grow".

I'm excited about new developments around here and I grew up on 16th and V. I just believe that low-income housing should have higher standards than they did when these projects were built more resembling of prisons than communities. It would be nice to have some pride in where we come from, rather than shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC