U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:36 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,247,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomoK View Post
Lol you watched too much don't be a menace...I have a job and going to Montgomery with a 1450 sat...I don't talk like that when I'm in a situation where I have to talk proper and I know how to write...an in every household in the hood we are taught to talk proper in certain situations...I just wanted to be more confortable that's all...but think what you want
about me I'm not gonna forget my native toungue where we grew talk a certain way..."You feel me?"
Please, that is not your native tongue. You aren't going to find "EBONICA" on a map anywhere. Just like if a redneck/guido came in talking like he never spent a day in school, I would not think about hiring him. If a Hispanic person came in, spoke properly, but had a thick accent, I would pick him over any of the others. BC at least he is attempting to speak like an adult in a business situation.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:36 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,410,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
What gets my goat is the fact that you really cannot live on your own, at least not comfortably, anywhere close to the city if you're a low earner. The only places I could find that I can afford on my wage are in Southeast, and not the safe parts either. Even joints way out in Fairfax or Germantown, not even close to the Metro are too expensive to live in without a roommate.
Yeah that or you move somewhere either further and end up spending loads of money on transportation costs. But Charles County seems to be the cheapest option in this area thats still safe. Well at least to me their ain't no real gangsters in Charles county.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:38 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,410,669 times
Jmusic do you like this flag:

Old 07-10-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -.- View Post
Son you don't have to explain yourself to people on here, most of them take stuff too literal. You can't judge a person based on how they type. But some on here go out of their way to make a point and do too much.

If I wanna type like dis, den imma do it ya digg.
I was judging Uptown not only bc he talked like a 12 yr old kid, but because he had a "victim" mentality and seemed to believe that robbing from people was an excusable way to live.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:46 PM

60 posts, read 113,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
I was judging Uptown not only bc he talked like a 12 yr old kid, but because he had a "victim" mentality and seemed to believe that robbing from people was an excusable way to live.
Lol u funny I don't condone my mans robbin people but I hope dey rob your ass u deserve it...an I hope dey pistol whip ur ass an steal your car stereo an your wheels an windshield whippers an imma buy it from em so they can have sum money in they pockets...then imma sell em back to u for double da price

Old 07-10-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Jmusic do you like this flag:

Why would I like that flag? I'm a Latino dude from the barrio. I always find it amusing that people assume I'm white just because I'm critical of others who blame everyone for their poor situations. Especially blaming complete strangers.And I just stated that I was in the military (my handle reflects that if you haven't figured it out) so it would've been more wiser to put an American flag up. And I am just as critical of issues in the hispanic community ,but it just seems like their are more African Americans on here complaining about the "white invasion" that anyone else.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:48 PM

9,397 posts, read 13,234,904 times
Quote:
Yeah that or you move somewhere either further and end up spending loads of money on transportation costs. But Charles County seems to be the cheapest option in this area thats still safe. Well at least to me their ain't no real gangsters in Charles county.
Yeah, and considering how much car insurance would cost me, i might as well live closer to the fringes of the Metro :|

Old 07-10-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomoK View Post
Lol u funny I don't condone my mans robbin people but I hope dey rob your ass u deserve it...an I hope dey pistol whip ur ass an steal your car stereo an your wheels an windshield whippers an imma buy it from em so they can have sum money in they pockets...then imma sell em back to u for double da price
I'll make sure to lock my doors tonite.

And though it's like trying to reason with a monkey, but may I ask why I would deserve it?

Old 07-10-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Why would I like that flag? I'm a Latino dude from the barrio. I always find it amusing that people assume I'm white just because I'm critical of others who blame everyone for their poor situations. Especially blaming complete strangers.And I just stated that I was in the military (my handle reflects that if you haven't figured it out) so it would've been more wiser to put an American flag up. And I am just as critical of issues in the hispanic community ,but it just seems like their are more African Americans on here complaining about the "white invasion" that anyone else.
You DO know that in nw all of the hoods are mixed black an hispanic an yea the hispanic is decreasing too...but can you name reasons why we shouldn't be frustrated with what's going on?

Old 07-10-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
I'll make sure to lock my doors tonite.
Lol I'm not even gonna say anything but you could go ahead an lock it if you want I'm not messin wit it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC