U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-11-2010, 06:27 PM
 
60 posts, read 70,206 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJetSet View Post
Please, I've been here longer than you've been alive. When I was in elementary school in PG I never heard son only when I got into HS and it was more diverse (not racially per se). That's some NY BS that came down with all the NY transplants.

And are you posting under two user names?
Oh true my bad if I typed it soundin the wrong way...and yeah when I'm on a phone it's under a different account(forgot my password)

 
Old 07-11-2010, 06:28 PM
 
60 posts, read 70,206 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJetSet View Post
Calm down, ur foaming at the mouth young.
lol
 
Old 07-11-2010, 07:17 PM
 
1,280 posts, read 1,272,070 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJetSet View Post
That explains it, since you want to play "fair". I think you need to look in the mirror and don't forget to be critical of the 20 other people in the room behind you. Talk about calling the pot calling kettle brown lol.
I honestly have no idea what you are trying to get at....

Tell me in layman's terms please...
 
Old 07-11-2010, 07:25 PM
 
1,280 posts, read 1,272,070 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown_DC View Post
Exactly, I'm not going to pull a race card but since forever the African American race have never just laid down and died without fighting...look back in history...every single time we were treated unfaily we never just gave in without a fight...from violence to nonviolence to specific leaders to an entire nation of African Americans coming together...I for one wont just sit here and let this happen...soo much history and memories in this one unique, small city. This isn't "America's National City of Rich and Stuck Up People" it's actually "The Chocolate City" that's where it's history comes from and what the city really is with it's different urban and spaced out areas and where it's culture really comes from...people on here probably don't even know dc HAS a culture...because it comes from black people...remember that dc was not too long ago 75% black and if you want to know the history and culture of dc look into it yourself and talk to african american dc natives about it...but anyway like I said earlier I'm NOT letting this happen and God Himself also disagrees with what is going on just like he disagreed with unfairnesses in the past and obviously guided me to this website because I found it by COMPLETE accident and this just motivated me more to end this

PS. I love different people of ALL races and incomes, it's the inside that matters...ask God and he'll probably tell you the same thing...

You already pulled the race card when you said that robbing white people, spanish people, and black people who are bull****ting (whatever that means)...so go ahead and deal with it. We all know which kind of people you believe are responsible for your problems. And I hate to break it to you, but every city periodically goes through a change of scenery. DC will not always be a black city. Just like America will not always be a white country. Don't forget that DC was mostly founded by old white men. Who knows maybe in a hundred years, DC will be a mostly Asian city. We are always in a constant stage of change. It's nothing to get mad at. But instead of being angry at everyone. Try doing something POSITIVE for once. And I'm not talking about robbing people. How about you go to college and make a difference in someone's life. Be the change you want to see in the world. Stop expecting everyone else to do it for you. You seem to know what you want. But go about it the RIGHT and LEGAL way. Don't end up just another young black man in jail. You won't accomplish anything in there....
 
Old 07-11-2010, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, TX
9,400 posts, read 7,181,338 times
Reputation: 6053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
Because as we know, ONLY poor people are allowed to work in the service sector. Usually, I agree with everything you say, but this is BS. There are more than enough college kids, high schoolers, and people who are in between jobs to fill the roles. In fact, I would much rather have a college kid than some hoodrat thug with a bad attitude making my latte. (Actually I'm drinking one right now at the bookstore. And my barista was a nice polite young college aged women, whatyaknow???)
College aged... was she actually in college? Full-time or part-time?
 
Old 07-11-2010, 09:44 PM
 
1,280 posts, read 1,272,070 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
College aged... was she actually in college? Full-time or part-time?
She wasn't more than mid 20's and referenced she attended a nearby college. She was also white (and to be honest most long time locals living in DC aren't white)
 
Old 07-11-2010, 11:01 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, TX
9,400 posts, read 7,181,338 times
Reputation: 6053
Fair enough, and yes there are a lot of high schoolers and college students in service jobs. And there are also a lot of... drum roll please... poor people. Inherently so, since making minimum wage or even a few bucks above will give you a yearly income of less than 20K.
 
Old 07-11-2010, 11:22 PM
 
1,568 posts, read 2,262,612 times
Reputation: 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by -.- View Post
The Fairfaxian is gonna have a kick out of this thread
This definitely goes into the "don't take the internet serious" folder.

But to this thread, it is ridiculous! Wondered why I was pointed out specifically. It is because I'm a DC native black person who didn't take my predicament as an excuse? Or was it because I was able to get out of the worst parts of the ghetto at a young age thanks to my parents (first home was in Columbia Heights on 11th and Monroe in 1987, at the apartment that btw is now being renovated with condos)? It is because I point out things that are a reality and pisses off both the native DC and transplant Washington cliques and the heat I cause is too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
Why would I like that flag? I'm a Latino dude from the barrio. I always find it amusing that people assume I'm white just because I'm critical of others who blame everyone for their poor situations. Especially blaming complete strangers.And I just stated that I was in the military (my handle reflects that if you haven't figured it out) so it would've been more wiser to put an American flag up. And I am just as critical of issues in the hispanic community ,but it just seems like their are more African Americans on here complaining about the "white invasion" that anyone else.
Welcome to my world, bro. And let me give you props for giving reasonable counter-arguments to excuses for harass and give hell to those who are handling their business.

To everyone who talks about people who robbed and murdered people just to stay afloat: For people in true dire conditions, it's one thing to do things that are illegal yet don't cause any harm to uninvolved parties (selling bootleg DVDs, prostitution, selling drugs in one's own block, etc); that's what true OGs did back in the day, and they had something called a "code of honor." But someone who has to rob people, beat up on innocent civilians, and target blacks handling the business as "bulls**ters" is nothing but a f**king b*tch azz....you can finish the rest! And the saddest thing is that I expect the punk azz behavior from the wannabe thugs that are in PG, not the actual dudes in DC.



But for my main gripe, it's how Washington (and for that matter, Maryland) treats it's middle class. Between the excessive taxes and COL, being seen as "invaders" by the local crowd even if you're the same race (and an uncle tom if you're a middle class/professional black person), and being seen as "less than human" by the chic/trendy/yuppie/hipster/preppy crowds even if you have the same education and income because you don't work for pennies on the hill or at a "non-for-profit" organization, there's a lot of things that are truly ridiculous about this city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top