Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 7,739 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are moving from Los Angeles to Washington DC as my wife has just been accepted to Howard University Pharmacy school. I've been doing some researches online around DC areas and found out that most people recommend Adams Morgan or Dupont Circle as safe neighborhood near Howard U. However, these areas are too expensive for my budget and I was wondering if you can suggest any other place near Howard U that's safe. My wife is looking to walk/bus/metro to Howard U.

We're initially looking to find a furnished studio or 1 bed-room for the first month below $1800/month. Then, 1 bed-room apartment below $1300/month.

Any suggestion would be really helpful!

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 11:48 AM

1,463 posts, read 6,204,035 times
yeah...I see special forces checkpoints on all the corners.....think Bin Laden dines on Ust NW

Old 07-17-2010, 11:50 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,380,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
yeah...I see special forces checkpoints on all the corners.....think Bin Laden dines on Ust NW

Old 07-22-2010, 02:34 AM

25 posts, read 87,401 times
Ugh.. the neighborhood surrounding the University is not the best. I might go with some parts of Eckington to stay a bit on the safer side. The immediate area though is no good for the money spent for it.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:12 AM

31,887 posts, read 34,396,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Styles View Post
Ugh.. the neighborhood surrounding the University is not the best. I might go with some parts of Eckington to stay a bit on the safer side. The immediate area though is no good for the money spent for it.
Disagree. This is totally off. The neighborhoods surrounding Howard are Ledroit Park and Bloomingdale. They have their patches, but are for the most part nice areas. I would check out these listings.

washington, DC apts/housing for rent classifieds "bloomingdale" - craigslist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC