Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 12:20 AM

717 posts, read 2,807,735 times

Advertisements

Is it just my computer or could someone tell me why the last thread posted in the DC forum doesn't show up on the main U.S. Forums page?

I haven't been on the DC forum a lot until lately, but I don't think the posted threads have ever shown up on my page. I know that quite often when I am browsing city-data, I will go to a state or city forum that I might never have gone to just because I think the post is interesting.

If it's not just my computer being strange, is there a possibility that this could be changed????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 06:45 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,398,935 times
There is a phantom forum called District of Columbia that you can't post in, and this is subforum. I almost stopped coming to this forum because I could not preview the latest thread from main page.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:29 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,509,847 times
This appears to be a quirk in the city-data setup. There are some states (CT, DE) that don't have any subforums for cities. DC seems to be unique in having just one subforum (Washington DC) in its forum.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:25 PM

so it's not just my computer...ok. City-Data has the know-how to change this. I think they should get busy and do such.

Personally, I think the absence of any visible thread on the main page for the Capitol city of our country shows a lack of respect for such a very important place in our country.

It's almost like "taxation without representation" except this is "hidden voices of the Capitol city".

Old 08-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,162 times
Yes, we know about this. Unfortunately c-d is a very big place, we've had many changes and updates and as a result some things that seem quite easy, ain't that easy anymore. Please don't blow this out of proportion, it has absolutely nothing to do with respect or it's lack This will be fixed, eventually.
Yac.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Yes, we know about this. Unfortunately c-d is a very big place, we've had many changes and updates and as a result some things that seem quite easy, ain't that easy anymore. Please don't blow this out of proportion, it has absolutely nothing to do with respect or it's lack This will be fixed, eventually.
Yac.
I am so glad a moderator responded to this. It's one of those things that you wonder about and can't figure out why.

When I was new to the forum I actually skipped over DC thinking that nothing was there. Those dashes and the big white space really stand out and technology is not my forte....

I am sure many other people wonder the same thing so now they have an answer from someone in the know...

I love CD and will be looking forward to DC being visible--just as I am happy to see that a city in the panhandle of Florida is now represented--even tho it is no longer on my list as a relocation possibility.

Again, many thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC