Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 4,789 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I have a question about Ward 2 parking. I am currently registered and parking on the street in NE, and I recently moved to Ward 2 (south of Dupont circle) so I could walk to work.

I never really drove unless I got a lot of groceries, left for the weekend or traveled home to North Carolina, so most of the time my car just sat on the street. I never had a problem with this. Now, in Ward 2, everywhere I look you have to move your car from one side of the street for sweeping purposes on Wednesday and from the other side on Thursday. This will be a huge hassle for me, since I'm not driving on those days. I don't really want to sell the car, simply because it is paid off and I use it to leave the district occasionally, plus I've already gone through all the pain and struggle to get it registered in DC.

Before I switch my residential parking pass over to Ward 2, does anyone know of any Ward 2 streets that don't have sweeping days (maybe b/c they are less popular)? I cannot find a map of the streets that are swept regularly to match with Ward 2 maps. I basically just want to park my car legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 06:34 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,458,364 times
They are parking-ticket-trash-plows, not street sweepers. There is no escape in ward 2. They stop running between November and March (not certain on the dates, may be weather dependant), so if you can hold out for that, you'll be free from them for a while.

Streets look fine from November-March too. A few less parking tickets blowing into my yard actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC