Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:07 PM

244 posts, read 625,753 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to the DC area and went to two clubs Ibiza and Fur and it was very thuggish and full of people of only one ethinicity (AAs). I am looking for clubs in the DC area which have a good international mix (I thought DC was an international city like NYC). In fact I want to date an international girl (south american, european, russian, asian, middle eastern etc.) only. Is the DC metro area (including MD and NOVA) very international? I am comparing it to NYC ( I know it wont be as good) but how international is it and how is the singles dating scene (international women specifically)? Where should I live - in DC or suburbs? And where specifically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Midtown is always a safe bet - just south of Dupont / north of Farragut. Kind of odd to me that you limit yourself to finding a potential partner for life based on the criteria that she come from any country but one (people are people, after all), but you're probably not going to find what you're looking for in the major clubs - look at the smaller, more cosmopolitan venues or venues that target specific cultures (African, Ethiopian, Cuban, etc...)

Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 PM

I dunno I just have this thing for foreign women. Spent a lot of time in Europe and really liked the women there.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:13 PM

What about venues which have women from Europe? or South America?

Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
It's not about what country they're from, but the fact that they're international. I like that, too. But are you looking to sleep with international girls, or date them? I say go about your everyday life and you will find them. I don't know if you'll find it by desperately seeking it out, but I can see where you're headed from.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:47 PM

So are there many international women (for dating) in DC (European, South American, Persian) in DC? Can anyone compare it to the scene in NYC?

Old 01-14-2010, 04:54 PM

4 posts, read 17,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaskar002r View Post
I will be moving to the DC area and went to two clubs Ibiza and Fur and it was very thuggish and full of people of only one ethinicity (AAs). I am looking for clubs in the DC area which have a good international mix (I thought DC was an international city like NYC). In fact I want to date an international girl (south american, european, russian, asian, middle eastern etc.) only. Is the DC metro area (including MD and NOVA) very international? I am comparing it to NYC ( I know it wont be as good) but how international is it and how is the singles dating scene (international women specifically)? Where should I live - in DC or suburbs? And where specifically?
Most of the clubs have various themes based on the night. Try Embassy functions, meet some international people (very easy in DC) and ask them where they hang. Take a class at George Mason, its one of the most international universities in the USA. Its VERY easy to meet women from all over in the DC area. Very very easy.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:55 PM

4 posts, read 17,236 times
Quote:
So are there many international women (for dating) in DC (European, South American, Persian) in DC? Can anyone compare it to the scene in NYC?
Not as good as NYC, but next up on the east coast pecking order with regards to international women.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:50 AM

Bump...anyone else with viewpoints on this topic? Where in DC should I live which has tonnes of foreign women?

Old 01-15-2010, 10:04 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,242,900 times
Quote:
Bump...anyone else with viewpoints on this topic? Where in DC should I live which has tonnes of foreign women?
The suburbs maybe? Annandale is very international. Lots of Koreans and Hispanics. Silver Spring is really diverse. Falls Church is extremely diverse as well. South Arlington has a lot of foreign born. But yeah there's more foreign born in the suburbs versus the city.

Really and truly there isn't a bar that I know of that's specifically foreign women only that you could swing through getting digits. As someone else mentioned you might be trying too hard. This is DC there's all types of folks here. I've never seen a place with more interracial relationships. So that international gal is probably just around the corner but perhaps its your approach. In my travels I've noticed that guys don't care if you have a specific type but girls on the other hand might not like a guy who is specifically targeting them solely because they're not from America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC