Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 03:15 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,714,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Bossman View Post
Riiiiight. Try and take a look at DeMatha in Hyattsville, MD. Not only do they have a good basketball program, but they also lead the entire country for most active players in the NFL. Many other good schools in the area for sports too.
1. That is a lie,

2. The best Athletes come from the South and High School football is significantly better in Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Texas, Mississippi than it is up here.
Louisiana boasts most NFL players per capita

Pittsburgh Woodland Hills is No. 1 when it comes to producing NFL players

[CENTER][CENTER]STATES WITH MOST NFL PLAYERS PER CAPITA[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Louisiana
1 NFL per 65,720 people
Mississippi
1 NFL per 76,883 people
Hawaii
1 NFL per 80,769 people
District of Columbia
1 NFL per 81,723 people
South Carolina
1 NFL per 87,218 people
Alabama
1 NFL per 88,942 people
Florida
1 NFL per 90,296 people
Georgia
1 NFL per 102,331 people
Texas
1 NFL per 115,843 people
Montana
1 NFL per 128,885 people

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 04:18 PM

720 posts, read 1,554,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post
1. That is a lie,

2. The best Athletes come from the South and High School football is significantly better in Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Texas, Mississippi than it is up here.
Louisiana boasts most NFL players per capita

Pittsburgh Woodland Hills is No. 1 when it comes to producing NFL players

[CENTER][CENTER]STATES WITH MOST NFL PLAYERS PER CAPITA[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Louisiana
1 NFL per 65,720 people
Mississippi
1 NFL per 76,883 people
Hawaii
1 NFL per 80,769 people
District of Columbia
1 NFL per 81,723 people
South Carolina
1 NFL per 87,218 people
Alabama
1 NFL per 88,942 people
Florida
1 NFL per 90,296 people
Georgia
1 NFL per 102,331 people
Texas
1 NFL per 115,843 people
Montana
1 NFL per 128,885 people

USA Football: DeMatha Catholic High School of Hyattsville, Md., has Most NFL Players; California Leads All States; Miami Tops Hometowns

My mistake. I was quoting from an article which referred to last NFL season 2009-2010 and not this current one (2010-2011) which yours refers to. Regardless, this year DeMatha was still in the top 10 for amount of NFL players produced.

I don't think OP asked for where the best athletes come from as that is subjective anyway. I think he's most likely already fully aware of how great the programs in the South are seeing as how he said he's from Texas.

And trust me I already know. I have several friends from towns in the south where all there is to do is play football. However, OP asked about the programs in THIS area which you seem to not know much about if you claim they all suck. We have two schools in this area that produced the first and 2nd most active players in the NFL a year ago and almost the same this year; Eleanor Roosevelt in Greenbelt, md being tied for the 2nd most. Neither of which are in Virginia. Also, several of these players are NFL pro-bowlers, so we're not just talking about a few third stringers here and there. All in all, DC area is nowhere near as big as Texas or California, but to say the programs in this area for high school football "suck"? It just makes you sound real clueless.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:20 AM

1,346 posts, read 4,212,824 times
ahales you're talking about something completely different than DC Bossman. You're post is talking about states and his is talking about schools.

Like mentioned earlier, DeMatha and Gonzaga are both amazing basketball schools. Both have actually been ranked in the nation at one point. Right now DeMatha is #18 in the nation. I know last year Gonzaga was ranked as well.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:39 AM
(-)

690 posts, read 1,865,182 times
on the maryland side, most of the really good football schools are either in the frederick/howard county area or in southern md (charles, calvert, st. mary's counties). the closer to dc you go on the maryland side, the more basketball programs reign supreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC