Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 10:37 AM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Inc. View Post
Yea the green line is gonna always be that way, since not only does it go through the worst areas of D.C. but both ends of the line terminate in PG county. The eastern portions of the orange and blue line can get bad too.
Lol. It is always funny to see the shock on some of the suburbanites faces when they get on the greenline at Lenfant in order to go to the Nationals games. Something else I notice, you see a lot of whites parking in the public housing complexes in Southwest and walking to the Nats stadium. I haven't really seen or heard of any incidents either. Everyone seems to be mixing kind of well in SW.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:56 AM

276 posts, read 432,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post
Lol. It is always funny to see the shock on some of the suburbanites faces when they get on the greenline at Lenfant in order to go to the Nationals games. Something else I notice, you see a lot of whites parking in the public housing complexes in Southwest and walking to the Nats stadium. I haven't really seen or heard of any incidents either. Everyone seems to be mixing kind of well in SW.
That or them projects got enough police presence to deter crime.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:44 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,898 times
idk, I've gone out to Largo a few times and never had any problems. I know at one point I was one of two white guys on the train and the other white guy went and sat in the seat in front of mine LoL

Only time I felt uncomfortable riding out there tbh was when I was alone in a train. Something creepy about it.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:47 PM

276 posts, read 432,180 times
The blue line gets weird east of Stadium-Armory.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:40 PM

Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,715,251 times
Seriously,
I very seldom see black kids attacking whites. It is normally black on black. I used to joke with my roommate about the white women jogging with their poodles in SW are a lot safer than us cause the muggers know they are going to jail if they attack her.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:23 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Watching the video it's easy to see why he was targeted. These type of kids are animals and as such they can spot prey easier than most.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:26 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Quote:
I live near Branch Avenue I do see a couple white people on the train and more Hispanics but its still the green line is the Black express. I've never seen any type of violent confrontation on the train.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:06 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
idk, I've gone out to Largo a few times and never had any problems. I know at one point I was one of two white guys on the train and the other white guy went and sat in the seat in front of mine LoL

Only time I felt uncomfortable riding out there tbh was when I was alone in a train. Something creepy about it.
All this time I thought you were black. I have no idea why.

Green line's changed a whole lot in the past 10 years to the point that the only sketchy areas are toward the end, like with the orange / blue. Columbia Heights is now the first yuppie express stop downtown in the morning. U Street, Convention Center, Chinatown, Waterfront, and Navy Yard have changed so drastically, with Georgia Ave / Petworth and Ft. Totten well on their way. Perhaps the new mixing of populations on that line is probably contributing to these incidents. It used to be a lot more homogenous.

I kinda like how that guy dealt with it - "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU!"

Old 01-07-2011, 10:40 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,621,864 times
Quote:
Seriously,
I very seldom see black kids attacking whites. It is normally black on black. I used to joke with my roommate about the white women jogging with their poodles in SW are a lot safer than us cause the muggers know they are going to jail if they attack her.
Who cares if it's black on white or vice versa. This type of behavior is not ok and shouldn't be tolerated.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:13 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,898 times
you're not the first person to think I'm black on this forum, I have no idea why people get that impression lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC