U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-30-2011, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,165,186 times
Reputation: 500

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
Or maybe because the black population in DC isn't as invested in achieving full voting rights? Once again, not trying to paint a broad picture again, but I would say by and large it's the non-black residents of DC who seem to be the most vocal about DC statehood and/or full voting rights....

You like to just spout out stuff huh, no matter how wrong it may be. You are one of the kids who go sit in a coffee shop in Dupont Circle and talk about how D.C. doesn't have many black people anymore.

 
Old 03-30-2011, 12:13 PM
 
465 posts, read 778,699 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
ou sure like pointing out dc voting patterns and how blacks only vote for blacks in dc

Most blacks vote for any democrat, regardless of race. Such groupthink is not present in any other group. Cubans and Vietnamese actually vote majority Republican because they've actually lived under socialism and government control.
 
Old 03-30-2011, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Standing outside of heaven, wating for God to come and get me.
1,382 posts, read 3,165,186 times
Reputation: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
Most blacks vote for any democrat, regardless of race. Such groupthink is not present in any other group. Cubans and Vietnamese actually vote majority Republican because they've actually lived under socialism and government control.
A significant portion of Blacks used to vote Republican until Barry Goldwater came along.
 
Old 03-30-2011, 12:24 PM
(-)
 
690 posts, read 1,563,509 times
Reputation: 477
Translation: RAAAAAAAAACIST!

you said it not me



You seriously think poor whites and asians have the same crime rates as poor blacks? It's a culture issue, brah, that just happens to involve race. Only the black community can put a stronger emphasis on education and family. No amount of pining after more government programs will fix that.

you and your buddy are the only ones on here consistently talking about government programs. that says more about you than it does about any of us.


no u



Your. You're proving my point.



This is called a straw man argument, folks. I never said blacks cause more crime because they are black. (-) claimed I did then attacked it despite being an argument I never made. I am blaming poverty and culture, not black DNA.

if you are going to use philosophical terms, use them correctly. your premise in this post has been built on the basis of a false dilemma. in your world, there are 2 types of black people, poor violent blacks and blacks that get ahead because of hand outs. You used this fallacy in an attempt to force a choice; poor crazy violent black folk or lazy "reparation seeking, mmmmhmmmm girl" black folk. your options are collectively exhausting. The presentation of a false choice reflects a deliberate attempt on your part to eliminate the middle ground in this issue. the middle ground that i and others have tried to point out over and over and over again.


You haven't won anything. Your debating skills reflect your education.

i can assure you sir, my education and pedigree stands on it's own merit. this isn't about winning or losing, it's about checking people when they attempt to spread hatred and misinformation, which you are attempting to do. thank god that all of the black people in this post aren't as ignorant or short sighted to believe that you speak for all Asian or libertarian people...bruh


That's what you've been doing from the get-go.
 
Old 03-30-2011, 12:27 PM
 
1,278 posts, read 2,207,172 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by (-) View Post
sorry but you should start making your funeral arrangements now. i know this might make your head explode but i am an hispanic male. i am also black. holy smokes...imagine that. you do know that "hispanic" is not a race, correct?

!ruego para usted al hermano, usted es desorientado sobre personas negras!

you sure like pointing out dc voting patterns and how blacks only vote for blacks in dc. well, there are 50 states in this great land of ours. how many of them have ever voted for a black governor or asian governor or hispanic governor over the course of americas history? you could probably count them on 2 hands. do you honestly think that obama was the first "black" person capable of becoming the president of the US? really?

Of course I know Hispanic is not a race, it's a culture. DUUUUHHH. And I'm more than willing to bet that even though you are Hispanic (allegedly, now that it's convenient for you) you identify more with the African American side of you than Hispanic. Saying a few words in Spanish doesn't make you Hispanic. Fenty had a Panamian father. He's black. Halle Barry is half white. She identifys as black. I grew up in a Hispanic household with Hispanic food, music, religion and the whole nine yards. I'm from Texas for crying out loud!!!
 
Old 03-30-2011, 12:31 PM
 
1,278 posts, read 2,207,172 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by (-) View Post
Translation: RAAAAAAAAACIST!

you said it not me



You seriously think poor whites and asians have the same crime rates as poor blacks? It's a culture issue, brah, that just happens to involve race. Only the black community can put a stronger emphasis on education and family. No amount of pining after more government programs will fix that.

you and your buddy are the only ones on here consistently talking about government programs. that says more about you than it does about any of us.


no u



Your. You're proving my point.



This is called a straw man argument, folks. I never said blacks cause more crime because they are black. (-) claimed I did then attacked it despite being an argument I never made. I am blaming poverty and culture, not black DNA.

if you are going to use philosophical terms, use them correctly. your premise in this post has been built on the basis of a false dilemma. in your world, there are 2 types of black people, poor violent blacks and blacks that get ahead because of hand outs. You used this fallacy in an attempt to force a choice; poor crazy violent black folk or lazy "reparation seeking, mmmmhmmmm girl" black folk. your options are collectively exhausting. The presentation of a false choice reflects a deliberate attempt on your part to eliminate the middle ground in this issue. the middle ground that i and others have tried to point out over and over and over again.


You haven't won anything. Your debating skills reflect your education.

i can assure you sir, my education and pedigree stands on it's own merit. this isn't about winning or losing, it's about checking people when they attempt to spread hatred and misinformation, which you are attempting to do. thank god that all of the black people in this post aren't as ignorant or short sighted to believe that you speak for all Asian or libertarian people...bruh


That's what you've been doing from the get-go.
Please show me where he said there were only two types of blacks in this world. Please show me......

Because he didn't. Once again, you are putting words in people's mouth. He OBVIOUSLY doesn't think there are only black criminals or all blacks are only looking for hand outs. Stop making up stuff to make yourself look better. And once again, you say his facts aren't right, yet do nothing to counter him but pull the race card....
 
Old 03-30-2011, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Montgomery Village
4,120 posts, read 3,618,066 times
Reputation: 1692
Does anybody else see a trend here? I suggest next time people make statements of "facts" they use the term "some" instead of "most." That would be more correct.
 
Old 03-30-2011, 12:35 PM
 
1,278 posts, read 2,207,172 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahales View Post
A significant portion of Blacks used to vote Republican until Barry Goldwater came along.
I have a feeling significant to you means 1-5%.......
 
Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 PM
 
Location: The Port City is rising.
8,553 posts, read 10,075,213 times
Reputation: 2301
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
I agree that a map that showed things like age and income would be interesting. Although I don't think they ask for income on the census forms.
They definitely do.
 
Old 03-30-2011, 12:45 PM
 
999 posts, read 1,639,012 times
Reputation: 1158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
Latinos are almost evenly split, so are Asian and of course whites.
This is a false sentence. The majority of Latinos in the US support the Democratic Party (Cuban-Americans being the only exception). Thanks to the xenophobic laws promulgated by Republicans in state legislatures, most Latinos are turned off by the GOP. In your home state of Texas, Hispanic majority counties in the western and southern regions swing to the Democrats every election cycle.

The Arizona SB-1070 bill has probably done more to help Democratic Party inroads into the Latino community than anything else in recent history. Seriously, dude...you could get pulled over in Arizona because you fit the profile.

Second, the majority of Asian/Asian-Americans support the Democratic Party. Don't believe me? Look up the popular polling sites. I think the Vietnamese are the only Asian ethnic group that leans Republican.

Third, white voters are NOT split between Democrats and Republicans. I read somewhere that 54 percent of the total white population in the US voted for John McCain and only 41 percent for Obama. I would not call that "evenly split". In fact, the Republican Party is becoming more whiter than ever. The Tea Party is overwhelmingly comprised of white people.

I just had to call you out on your statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:40 AM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top