Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 08:08 AM

17 posts, read 28,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
You are indeed hating on them, you're pointing out how some women are easily meeting men while you are not and saying they are sloppy slutty drunks because they are doing better than you in the romance department. That's an instinct of most women to go after more desirable women and just say they're promiscuous and drunk party girls rather than address the reason they aren't meeting men. I generally don't meet many attractive women in this area but I don't blame the men. This area just has a disproportionately unattractive population. That's why I imagine the problem is probably much more you than you think because the women considered the best looking here would be uggos in Miami or Los Angeles.
Really - so which is it men? Are women who are falling over drunk desirable and sexy like PhenomenalAJ states above and those are the women men want to be with, or are they messes that need to be avoided like HurricaneDC states? At least get your stories straight.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:02 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,938,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki28M View Post
Ok...clearly I need to break this down further as it seems to be a hard concept for a lot to grasp. Despite your protests and rants about how men stay away from such women, I'm saying that I have seen HUNDREDS of times men SWARMING around the biggest hot mess in the bar (and sometimes that hot mess happens to be a friend of mine). You wanting to paint all men in a wonderful light who only pursue classy women doesn't change this reality. I'm sorry if this observation goes against your own view of men in this day and age, but facts are facts. Are all men like this...NO. I've already stated that. Are there A LOT of men like this...YES. I'm not sure how my looks, or my ability to hold a conversation, or a discussion about how I don't present myself in the right light (despite none of you have ever met me) even got dragged into this as it was a general observation and a counterpoint to a point that was made earlier.
That's not what I said at all. I never said all men are like this. I clearly distinguished the difference between men who want a relationship and men who want a one-night stand. I don't know how you could have missed my point.

Second, you brought up your looks. You said yourself, "I was told by guys that I was very attractive". COME ON, really? You wonder why it got brought up?

And it is true that none of us have seen how you look or know anything about you. My point was, that your looks alone aren't going to get you what you're looking for. I guess a better way of putting this, is do you want relationship or do you just want men to sleep with you? It seems as though you have a problem with women who get attention, whether it is with men who see them as a piece of meet or not. I'm not understanding what your issue is.

Myself and other guys on here are telling you why, based on the information you have presented, a guy would not approach you, but then you say things like "Because they're my friends - its just that simple". Then I guess having your friends to hang out with and who take the attention away from you is more important then you finding a man....

Old 11-10-2011, 10:21 AM

720 posts, read 1,550,806 times
I think yall read WAY too deep into it. I can see where she's coming from. Cause especially for sistas, the numbers are against them. You can't really draw someones life story from 2 posts on a message board. Having drunk friends around on a Friday/Saturday night is not a huge deal at all unless you're that uptight.

the dudes on top of their game aren't even really checking for wifey types at the bar/club scene anyway

Old 11-10-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatkins View Post
That's not what I said at all. I never said all men are like this. I clearly distinguished the difference between men who want a relationship and men who want a one-night stand. I don't know how you could have missed my point.

Second, you brought up your looks. You said yourself, "I was told by guys that I was very attractive". COME ON, really? You wonder why it got brought up?

And it is true that none of us have seen how you look or know anything about you. My point was, that your looks alone aren't going to get you what you're looking for. I guess a better way of putting this, is do you want relationship or do you just want men to sleep with you? It seems as though you have a problem with women who get attention, whether it is with men who see them as a piece of meet or not. I'm not understanding what your issue is.

Myself and other guys on here are telling you why, based on the information you have presented, a guy would not approach you, but then you say things like "Because they're my friends - its just that simple". Then I guess having your friends to hang out with and who take the attention away from you is more important then you finding a man....
If you read back, I was responding to PhenomenalAJ's post about my looks...I'm very aware that looks aren't everything, however I will call BS to an extent because the first 16-17 pages of this forum were all about men complaining how unattractive women in DC were. Additionally, I was not trying to start a debate over my own dating life. I was simply pointing out that what men say they want they're actions sometimes don't line up. Look at some of the posts above. While you're saying that men don't look for those type of women, someone else is saying that a drunk, sloppy woman is fun and is exactly what men are looking for and any woman who doesn't want to be like that is simply jealous. Men go after those "fun" women that everyone is jealous of, and then complain that women in DC have no substance. Women seriously cannot win on this forum. I've seen pages upon pages of chatter about men's issues with women, but I dare to disagree to present a different experience and it results in personal attacks. Anyways, I think we can all agree that this debate has gotten silly and has gone on long enough. I've made my point and you can certainly agree or disagree. DC dating is interesting, and I think we're all on the same page about that. Best of luck to you all!

Old 11-10-2011, 11:39 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,938,653 times
Quote:
If you read back, I was responding to PhenomenalAJ's post about my looks...I'm very aware that looks aren't everything, however I will call BS to an extent because the first 16-17 pages of this forum were all about men complaining how unattractive women in DC were. Additionally, I was not trying to start a debate over my own dating life. I was simply pointing out that what men say they want they're actions sometimes don't line up. Look at some of the posts above. While you're saying that men don't look for those type of women, someone else is saying that a drunk, sloppy woman is fun and is exactly what men are looking for and any woman who doesn't want to be like that is simply jealous. Men go after those "fun" women that everyone is jealous of, and then complain that women in DC have no substance. Women seriously cannot win on this forum. I've seen pages upon pages of chatter about men's issues with women, but I dare to disagree to present a different experience and it results in personal attacks. Anyways, I think we can all agree that this debate has gotten silly and has gone on long enough. I've made my point and you can certainly agree or disagree. DC dating is interesting, and I think we're all on the same page about that. Best of luck to you all!
I don't disagree with your view point, I just think you making it seem as men think the same. What does another man saying that he likes drunk, sloppy women, have to do with my post? I have never at any point in this thread made any comments about how attractive or unattractive the women are in this area. I don't see how you can group me in the same category. Just like women have different opinions, so do men. Some men like that, some don't. I'm just offering my opinion. It wasn't meant to be that deep, but if you come on here talking about your personal experiences and complaining about how men are in this area, you are opening it up for people to analyze it and criticize you. I'm not saying you are wrong for how you feel, I just thought I would give you a different perspective, especially coming from someone who was never attracted to sloppy drunk women as opposed to the men that are.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:14 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,462,213 times
I'm going to need to see pics to come to a conclusion.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:53 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,925,785 times
Quote:
Really - so which is it men? Are women who are falling over drunk desirable and sexy like PhenomenalAJ states above and those are the women men want to be with, or are they messes that need to be avoided like HurricaneDC states? At least get your stories straight.
I didn't read what HurricaneDC said but you're just hating on women more desirable than you by lowering them and saying they are drunks and sluts. I know Johnny Depp and George Clooney are more desirable than me but I don't denigrate them; I know they are handsomer, richer and famous and that is why they get more women. Guys do sleep with drunken mess girls but thats hardly common in DC. /there is no better place in America for a plain looking woman than DC. Since I have no idea what you look like I cannot possibly criticize your appearance but you have no idea how easy you have it. If you lived in Miami I'd say "tough luck, lower your standards" but DC has the worst looking women in America. If you're a white woman and you can't get a guy, you in some way have some serious problems since this area could be the home of Sausagefest 2012. I'd have to offer the advice lower your standards since I dont know what you look like, accept a man who isnt exactly Rob Lowe.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:29 PM

2,400 posts, read 3,631,485 times
There are plenty of women in DC. It's just that the bulk of them are Black women, many of whom the diverse plethora of attractive single men in DC just don't find to be very attractive. Most of these white, Latino, and Asian men just don't find many of the Black DC women attractive. That's pretty much it.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I didn't read what HurricaneDC said but you're just hating on women more desirable than you by lowering them and saying they are drunks and sluts. I know Johnny Depp and George Clooney are more desirable than me but I don't denigrate them; I know they are handsomer, richer and famous and that is why they get more women. Guys do sleep with drunken mess girls but thats hardly common in DC. /there is no better place in America for a plain looking woman than DC. Since I have no idea what you look like I cannot possibly criticize your appearance but you have no idea how easy you have it. If you lived in Miami I'd say "tough luck, lower your standards" but DC has the worst looking women in America. If you're a white woman and you can't get a guy, you in some way have some serious problems since this area could be the home of Sausagefest 2012. I'd have to offer the advice lower your standards since I dont know what you look like, accept a man who isnt exactly Rob Lowe.
I'm not white, and according to Yiuppy I'm not attractive, so there you go. Mystery solved.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:03 PM

656 posts, read 646,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Bossman View Post
the dudes on top of their game aren't even really checking for wifey types at the bar/club scene anyway
Where else would you meet people, besides the club scene?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.