U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-21-2012, 10:53 PM

700 posts, read 511,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roooby012 View Post
"I was simply pointing out that what men say they want their [sic] actions sometimes don't line up."

Sing it.
Lol this is true for women too.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 08:26 AM

5,909 posts, read 3,157,208 times
it's nobody else's fault that dc is so complicated
that people from out of town can't figure it out.
stop being so uptight about it and just admit
that living in dc is not easy.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:31 AM

465 posts, read 405,164 times
Quote:
I think certain cities, where the guys end up getting more and more aggressive in seach of their 'one night stands', they end up forgetting the human being parts of women.
The hyper-masculine women in this area don't really deserve much more than a one night stand. And hell, I'd say half of them are just as down with one as most men.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:19 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,433,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
it's nobody else's fault that dc is so complicated
that people from out of town can't figure it out.
stop being so uptight about it and just admit
that living in dc is not easy.
It's pretty easy.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:07 AM

225 posts, read 237,292 times
D.C. has quite a few pretty-to-hot women. They’re out there. Unfortunately, I’d never marry any of them, and that pains me to say being from here. Two old buddies married women from here, and their domestic situation couldn’t be any more horrible. They often come to my place to crash after a night of heavy boozing, and they’ve got children, so either they were kicked out or they simply find my hard couch to be more hospitable than their old ladies. Their women – and I’ve noticed this with women I’ve dated here – can’t cook very well, as their flimsy cafeteria meals wouldn’t satisfy the diet of a 5-year-old. And then they have the gall to try to fix me with their womens’ cousins/sisters/etc – not me. No way, not me, brother.

When I was stationed down south, I had the pleasure of being with some real females, probably not as liberal, educated, or “refined,” as the women in DC, but they mastered all the basics. In South Carolina, one of the women I dated could whip up a meal that would fill up an entire fire team, man. Same with someone I was seeing in Georgia. I stalled the possibility of any long-term commitment with these girls because I knew I would return to DC once I discharged, and I stupidly assumed I’d find the same type of women up here, but I was dead wrong. Not saying there aren’t any good looking women in this city, but I think a lot of them are all-too eager to compensate for the lack of domestic skill set with superfluous academic achievements.

Been dating women outside of my culture, lately - women from a more traditional backdrop, as opposed to those that were raised by MTV and brainwashed by Tyler Perry movies. Latin, Habesha, Asian, and some European females are among the more interesting I've encountered. American girls in this part of the country just don't do it for me.

Last edited by HumbleSeaGoat; 02-22-2012 at 10:56 AM..

Old 02-23-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
D.C. has quite a few pretty-to-hot women.
Quite a few? Compared to NYC or Miami? I respectfully disagree. The prettier people in this area are in Rockville, Arlington, and Fairfax I feel.

And yes, Eastern European and Asian women (not too Americanized) known how to be pretty, sweet, and feminine. After dating a few it's hard to go back to man-jawed American woman who won't shut up about rape culture and The Daily Show.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:09 PM

274 posts, read 427,950 times
^^ I strongly disagree about the non-Americanized Asian women, I find them unattractive and weird.

The hot Asian chicks are the Americanized ones

Old 02-25-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post
^^ I strongly disagree about the non-Americanized Asian women, I find them unattractive and weird.

The hot Asian chicks are the Americanized ones
No, I agree they are hotter. For some reason they also get some curves, unless like boyish ones fresh off the boat.

I'm talking about not being unfeminine and abrasive. You really do need to date something like a Polish girl to see how terrible metropolitan American women have become.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:11 PM

9,976 posts, read 8,287,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
Quite a few? Compared to NYC or Miami? I respectfully disagree. The prettier people in this area are in Rockville, Arlington, and Fairfax I feel.

And yes, Eastern European and Asian women (not too Americanized) known how to be pretty, sweet, and feminine. After dating a few it's hard to go back to man-jawed American woman who won't shut up about rape culture and The Daily Show.
Why is this such a huge issue for you? Obviously, if your flavor is Miami style women, you're going to find DC women lacking. I find women here can be very attractive, but then I find the women in Miami not so attractive because their superficiality isn't my style. Maybe DC area women just aren't your flavor as opposed to being universally plain / ugly.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:10 AM

15,374 posts, read 8,037,349 times
Why can't you guys just man up and marry these women? Put the xBox and PS3 controllers down and take responsibility!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC