Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 07:02 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,959,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
I'm just depressed how hard it is to find a girl without a pouch in DC. Good lord.
See that's the thing- some men like pouches. Actually I find both men and women like pouches

But I will start paying attention to the social interractions and get a feel for the reason of doomed singles women in DC. I don't think it has anything to do with looks. I know living in the midwest, after a while, everything looks good . Heck, even in roaustralia where the women are known for the beer bellies- they were looking alright at some point.

On the other hand, some men just like the finer things in life.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:12 PM

855 posts, read 1,169,567 times
If you can't find a girl in DC--you should look in the mirror because you're doing something wrong

As far as single women being doomed to loneliness, women who want a relationship in DC, find a relationship. It's that simple. If you see a single girl, chances are 1. she wants to be single; 2. she has high (and somewhat unrealistic) expectations--and no one wants to be with her for the long term; or 3. she realizes that about 62% of single men in DC are overcompensating subhumans who lack respect and integrity. When she wants a relationship, she may luck out, or she may have to settle. Such is life.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:53 PM

8,012 posts, read 11,366,586 times
^ you just stereotyped a whole gender of people.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:16 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,449,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ you just stereotyped a whole gender of people.
I mean, so have the last 34 pages of this thread...

Old 04-24-2013, 06:18 PM

339 posts, read 835,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
If you can't find a girl in DC--you should look in the mirror because you're doing something wrong

As far as single women being doomed to loneliness, women who want a relationship in DC, find a relationship. It's that simple. If you see a single girl, chances are 1. she wants to be single; 2. she has high (and somewhat unrealistic) expectations--and no one wants to be with her for the long term; or 3. she realizes that about 62% of single men in DC are overcompensating subhumans who lack respect and integrity. When she wants a relationship, she may luck out, or she may have to settle. Such is life.
The first 2 reasons are spot on. The 3rd one just sounds bitter.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 PM

855 posts, read 1,169,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
The first 2 reasons are spot on. The 3rd one just sounds bitter.
Nothing to be bitter about for me at least--I've been married for years I can however see why the ladies around here would feel that way. Have you been to Clarendon/DuPont/insert 20-30 something hang out on the weekend?

Old 04-24-2013, 11:32 PM

465 posts, read 926,307 times
Quote:
Have you been to Clarendon/DuPont/insert 20-30 something hang out on the weekend?
Bro and post-grad bro/sorority fest. Interesting people don't go there. In a year or so, I imagine U Street will be totally swallowed by the generic white douche-horde and most of us then will be forced to go to H Street to meet interesting people.

I despise Clarendon. There's ONE cool bar in that whole stupid joint, and we all know which it is. Arlington in general sucks. I'd rather hang out in Fairfax, at least there's a huge nerd/geek subculture there and lots of authentic Asian food. Dupont/Farragut is pretty douchey as well, too many men and college kids.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:43 PM

708 posts, read 1,203,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
Nothing to be bitter about for me at least--I've been married for years I can however see why the ladies around here would feel that way. Have you been to Clarendon/DuPont/insert 20-30 something hang out on the weekend?
If you can't find one good dude in that sea......what did you say about mirrors?

Old 04-25-2013, 06:46 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,909,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
Bro and post-grad bro/sorority fest. Interesting people don't go there. In a year or so, I imagine U Street will be totally swallowed by the generic white douche-horde and most of us then will be forced to go to H Street to meet interesting people..
That's pretty much all of the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor, especially Clarendon. The few cool, interesting, and racially diverse groups usually appear (ironically) during the weekends, but nearly all of them live in Fairfax or beyond. However, I still think its slightly less untolerable than places like Georgetown, DuPont Circle, and the like, which is basically a de-facto "Whites (and Asian/Indian/Latina women who only sleep with white guys) Only" place. U St, IMO, has an equally douchey black crowd, and already has a self-segregating white-douche crowd (as does every other hip and trendy hood like Logan Circle, Columbia Heights, and Bloomingale), but it just isn't as preppy and fratty.

Quote:
I despise Clarendon. There's ONE cool bar in that whole stupid joint, and we all know which it is. Arlington in general sucks. I'd rather hang out in Fairfax, at least there's a huge nerd/geek subculture there and lots of authentic Asian food. Dupont/Farragut is pretty douchey as well, too many men and college kids.
Amen on that. I currently live in Clarendon, and I much rather live in Fairfax, if only for my sanity. But for me, it is more tolerable than DC itself due to how I can get somewhat of a break from being seen as a criminal by every white yuppie transplant I run into because of my skin color. As for Arlington, unless you're a preppy popped-collar retired frat-boy, forget about a social life. The only authentic parts of Arlington are Shrlington and Columbia Pike, and the yuppie crowd is quickly making their way into the latter; and this is the pre-streetcar period.

The only problem with Fairfax is that the twenty-something crowd is spread out and doesn't have any specific neighborhoods to congregate in. That problem might be solved with the Silver Line and development at the Dunn Loring and Vienna stations. However, I really fear the popped-collar WASP SWPL yuppie & fratboy douche element seeping out to those places. Granted these same people are moving out there when they start having kids. But I just hope their outdated "suburban republican" image of Fairfax will detract these clowns from coming over there. God knows the DC area could use dense neighborhoods that attract twenty-something's who aren't preppy, fratty, or yuppie a-holes.

Last edited by Do a Barrel Roll; 04-25-2013 at 06:55 AM..

Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 AM

465 posts, read 926,307 times
^Can't give you any more rep.

I'm guessing you're black? Unless you dress like a thug and yell random stuff at people on the Metro (a common experience on the green line south past midnight), I'm kind of shocked uber-liberal white transplants would assume you're a criminal just because you're a black guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.